The Debt

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Debt

Post by NAB »

Jeesh Urbane, just when I thought you had taken off your rose coloured glasses and may be seeing at least a bit of the light and economic reality in BC, ya go and flip flop back to playing politics again LOL. Sure there are many things that you cannot put a price tag on, but it seems to me they have little place in a discussion about REAL money, fiscal deficits, debt, and deferred debt. Just more smoke and mirrors and go with the warm and fuzzy feelings magical type of stuff.... whether it is affordable or not.

Edit to add: That's sorta part of the problem with unions, the BCTF and the education system in this province ...too much attention payed to the warm and fuzzies, ....and not enough to economic reality. Well, just wait and see what happens as more and more Canadians decide to eliminate borrowing and spending plans or defer their spending and start saving. It's in fact happening as we speak, and on a very large and growing scale. Low interest rates notwithstanding

Nab.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

You missed my point entirely Nab (or chose to miss it) but that's okay. Of course you're right about the BCTF et al. I agree with you far more than I disagree with you. Just trying to bring some objectivity to the discussion because sometimes people dig in and miss out on it. I'm not immune from it either.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

And there is STILL more to come:

Monday, November 7, 2011
More roof problems at B.C. Place

More trouble for B.C. Place Stadium, where the Sept. 30 reopening was anything but smooth.

The French headquartered cable erection company hired by a Quebec steel subcontractor is suing for almost $6.5 million.

B.C. Pavilion Corporation, the taxpayer-owned stadium’s operator, is named as a defendant.

Freyssinet filed a lawsuit in British Columbia Supreme Court on Oct. 31, charging Canam with breach of contract, breach of statutory trust and equitable fraud. Problems have been festering for many months. Here's my update from Aug. 4.

Read the rest:

http://2010goldrush.blogspot.com/
Chill

Return to “B.C.”