Meet Christy Clark's Hard Right Advisor

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Meet Christy Clark's Hard Right Advisor

Post by NAB »

I think having parliamentary secretaries (to Ministers) rather than useless Ministers of State getting paid fat salaries as a reward for doing little more than displaying their loyalty to the king is a good thing Logi. There is a tremendous amount of work to be done (and by fewer Ministers), and they are going to need all the hands on help they can get without just splitting up portfolios and putting more higher priced ministers in non issue positions with little to do. In addition, it provides ministry specific redundancy / backup, as well as a training ground for rookies.

Another plus is that it will put a bunch of those otherwise unoccupied trough swilling backbenchers to work for a change, so they can actually earn the MLA salaries and perks they have been enjoying.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

grammafreddy wrote:
sooperphreek wrote:ya but the allegations went further and are far more scary than just pesticides. he bashes "our" medical system and wants an american one? the idea that there is someone influencing our government that likes american philosophies is scary. because that just means a philosophy of throw money into a commercial.....smear the opposition with innuendoes and line big business and corporations pockets after the hysteria and fear mongering. at least the NDP was putting the money into the common mans pockets through union workers and spending on social programs. otherwise it goes into the pockets of privatized business and is no better than what they are trying to do in wisconsin. like the article said...economic growth was smaller with a friendly big business plan than it was with a leftist one. the reason for that is because big business just hordes the money in an offshore account the government cant touch and cant spend on what we need back home where we pay taxes. small business doesnt flourish if the money is in some offshore account somewhere. it wouldnt be so bad if corporations still made money the old fashioned way. but now they make money off the taxes we pay from the government too. in the form of bailouts.

I think everyone pretty much agrees the bailouts should never have happened - and that's my thinking, too. If a company can't swim on its own, it should sink.

But at some point in time, people have to come to the realization that all these social programs are not sustainable, either. Really, they are just bailouts, too. Somebody, someday is going have to start prioritizing and sending the available tax dollars to the high priority ones (health care, education, etc) and the people will have to become more responsible for themselves and their lives.

Young people today need to understand they must save for their retirements, that they must balance their own personal books and have to learn to spend according to their needs and not their wants.

People and governments need to change the way they look at debt.

This new right-hand man will be a good one to get that ball rolling, I think. It'll hurt but it will be good in the long run.

Wrong.
Christy is old school BCLiberal Gordon minion. She had her chance in the first 2001 "New Error" cabinet and did nothing but support reductions in health care, education and court house closures. Our current crisis is manufactured and has its roots in the 2001 New Error. The beginning of the lost decade for BC.
And guess who was there to lay the foundation? Your beloved Christy "Palin" Clarke.
What makes you think this leopard is suddenly going to change its spots?
The dangerous Right wing nut jobs have had a decade to "do something" and all they done laid waste to BC, ignoring their own failing agenda and trying to pint he blame on somebody other than themselves.
BC politics would be funny if it wasn't so tragic and the BCLiberal supporters so damn blind...
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

I am all for a smaller cabinet…Campbell;;s was WAAAAAY to bloated. I am also all for the elimination of “Minister’s of State” as well. I am not necessarily opposed to Parliamentary Secretaries if used properly. Parliamentary “secretaries” in some cases can lead all party bi-partisan Parliamentary committees who sometimes tour the Province to get public input and report back that input long with recommendations to government. Parliamentary secretaries do not get massive increases in pay or huge support staff like full Minister’s do so in many ways they are most cost effective to taxpayers. I would certainly rather see Parliamentary sectaries instead of more Ministers of Ministers of State if given a choice. That said I also did not like Campbell’s approach of making basically everyone who was not a Minister or a Minister of State into a Parliamentary Sectary solely so they could have some added title. It is definitely both a juggling act and a fine line but Christy Clark seems more concerned about NOT crossing that line then Campbell who seemed to care less when it came to a bloated cabinet….
Back with a vengeance
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Fritzthecat wrote:What makes you think this leopard is suddenly going to change its spots?
BC politics would be funny if it wasn't so tragic and the BCLiberal supporters so damn blind...

Maybe they aren't blind, but rather just happen to support the lesser of two evils, knowing that if a leopard were to ever change its spots, the odds are better that it would be a Liberal lion as opposed to an NDP one.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Fritzthecat wrote:What makes you think this leopard is suddenly going to change its spots?

Maybe they aren't blind, but rather just happen to support the lesser of two evils, knowing that if a leopard were to ever change its spots, the odds are better that it would be a Liberal lion as opposed to an NDP one.

Becasue that is what they've done in the last 10 years, right?

:dyinglaughing:

People really are stupid.
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

Fritzthecat wrote:People really are stupid.

Welcome to 'Democracy" and giving "the people" what they demand !
Back with a vengeance
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

You can laugh all you like fritz but the fact that NDP gets the lions share of its support from self serving unionized labor will never make for an appealing sales feature.

You can keep dreaming though.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Al Czervic wrote:
Fritzthecat wrote:People really are stupid.

Welcome to 'Democracy" and giving "the people" what they demand !

Yep, ain't that the truth.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Fritzthecat wrote:Wrong.
Christy is old school BCLiberal Gordon minion. She had her chance in the first 2001 "New Error" cabinet and did nothing but support reductions in health care, education and court house closures. Our current crisis is manufactured and has its roots in the 2001 New Error. The beginning of the lost decade for BC.
And guess who was there to lay the foundation? Your beloved Christy "Palin" Clarke.
What makes you think this leopard is suddenly going to change its spots?
The dangerous Right wing nut jobs have had a decade to "do something" and all they done laid waste to BC, ignoring their own failing agenda and trying to pint he blame on somebody other than themselves.

First, I want to clear up one important issue right now ... Christy Clark is NOT my " beloved Christy "Palin" Clarke". She was never my first choice for anything.

She is, however, much better than anything the NDP have to offer the people of BC in spite of what she has done in the past. She will trim budgets and clean up the legislature and (hopefully) will be the beginning of a far more transparent and accountable governing body. The NDP didn't do such a great job with that, either.

I am ever hopeful we will see a full accounting for the BC Rail payout - although I recognize Clark will only do that under full pressure from the people. I don't believe she is all sweetness, goodness and light (or even has clean hands) where this whole BC Rail issue is concerned.

It will be interesting to see how she will shuffle agendas to provide MORE for families while knocking off the bucks from socially funded programs, which are unsustainable money pits. I have a feeling she will be doing some restructuring and eliminating some duplication of services and that would eliminate some bureaucracy - which is a good thing. Bureaucracy costs BIG money which could be gone entirely or reinvested in the people rather than the public sector wages and pensions.

I am very concerned about her close ties to the federal Liberals. I hope she creates or has some strong connections to the federal Conservatives, too. I doubt the Libs will be in a position of power federally until they get a much more dynamic leader. Iggy would make a totally lousy Prime Minister.

I think we are about to see a move (slowly, though) to a two-tier health care system. I don't see any other way to do it because it just costs too much and nobody is willing to give up anything where health is concerned. If people had their way, the expenses and inclusions would skyrocket with additional coverage. I am thinking perhaps we will see more private hospitals and health centres and I wouldn't even mind exploring private health insurance plans rather than have government playing god as they do now with total control of our health.

Just some random thoughts. Back to work now ..... :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

man you wouldnt think she was so blameless if you listen to what the fraser institute dug up on her past. lol she made the mistake of having dinner with someone and writing it down somewhere. so.....naturally she is guilty as sin right? lol

Return to “B.C.”