Fury grows over B.C. Ferries

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Fury grows over B.C. Ferries

Post by NAB »

By the way, to put it in perspective recognize that chippy little move regarding those cards pretty much covers Hahn's take home pay for his last year at the helm of BC Ferries. And good riddance.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

what scares me is that this issue is just the tip of the iceberg. i think things will get even worse when it comes to BC ferries. and it will cost this province alot in terms of the economy and business. i am all for private business and being responsible to shareholders. but how much do CEO's and shareholders have to make? and is it reasonable to make record profits on the backs of society as a whole? there should be some correlation between what the common man is able to bring in and what corporations and shareholders can. because in the end their profits come from societies pockets. there is no reason that they should make record profits while people are losing their houses. that disconect between the 2 things will be the downfall of "western" or origional G7 economies and we will be dancing to the tune of India and China if we continue down that road.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Which new Minister is responsible for BC Ferries?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

One minute for example your the Minister of Health and the next minute your the Minister of Something Else .Can someone please explain to me how you can an expert in charge of any ministry when they flip flop from one ministry to another. If you are the Minister Of Education one day and the next day your the Minister of Transportation how in gods name do you become a trucker when you used to be a teacher.?????? Provincial politcians surround themselves with semi capable lackies whose job it is to come up with the best story of mumbo jumbo gibbildy gook in order to try and confuse the stupid taxpayer with a story that makes absolutley no sense and turns out to be a lie anyways. Where do I sign up????? :dyinglaughing: I have the ultimate solution. Sack that waste of skin Hahn sell all the ferries build bridges and make em toll bridges. BC ferry employees can be toll trolls and the rest of em can find a real job.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

you dont honestly think the MLA in charge of a portfolio is the braintrust behiend the rhetoric do you? thats why they have a team of smart people who try to make them seem like they have a clue. didnt you ever watch the west wing TV show? lol
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcolumbia/bc-ferries-defends-ceos-pension gotta love how privatization is probably the same waste of miney as it would have been as a public entity. i thought privatization was supposed to cost less? but now we have to pay high pensions and the rates creep higher and higher.

Return to “B.C.”