No jail time for mom's hit-run coverup

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

No jail time for mom's hit-run coverup

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... tence.html

Until our Courts system gets tough with Obstruction and Perjury our system will continue to fail!! Without harsh penalties for these crimes CRIMINALs will continue to walk our streets.

I truly believe until some spineless Judge has been victimized, the system will not change. This is a joke and the accused that showed remorse at the time of sentence is laughing all the way home!!

I feel for the victims in this case!

The Judge should be removed from the bench.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: No jail time for mom's hit-run coverup

Post by Amarow121 »

Agreed!
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

This is my shocked face : :137:

Has anyone ever read a story where a judge actually punishes a criminal?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

See ? Just like I posted in another thread. You can get away with murder in this province.

Just use a car and be sober when you do.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

fvkasm2x wrote:This is my shocked face : :137:

While I'm not defending what this judge decided, Canada's legal system is built on the concepts of rehabilitation and returning criminals to society, not punishing them like they do in the States.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

FreeRights wrote:

While I'm not defending what this judge decided, Canada's legal system is built on the concepts of rehabilitation and returning criminals to society, not punishing them like they do in the States.

This guy killed someone and then ran to mommy who covered the whole thing up. Some sort of punishment is due.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

May her conscious weight heavily with good swift kick of karma.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

WTHWYT wrote:May her conscious weight heavily with good swift kick of karma.

I heard that she's a biotch.Karma that is, Good for her !
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

MAPearce wrote:
FreeRights wrote:

This guy killed someone and then ran to mommy who covered the whole thing up. Some sort of punishment is due.

I agree that punishment would make us feel better, but looking at it from a more realistic perspective, we can't expect punishment if our legal system is not designed to administer it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

FreeRights wrote:
MAPearce wrote:
FreeRights wrote:

I agree that punishment would make us feel better, but looking at it from a more realistic perspective, we can't expect punishment if our legal system is not designed to administer it.

Oh it's designed for it ,however, since there is such a passion about eradicating drinking and driving, all other motor vehicle deaths have taken a" back seat" to it and their lobby, (MADD for example).

When my Pops was smoked in the drivers door by some one who hit three cars BEFORE hitting him, ICBC and the OSMV decided that because alcohol was not a factor in the collision,it was just an accident.

No reason to ruin the persons life who hit him by even telling them that they caused a death.

I think that it is indeed time to expect our law makers, peace officers, gov't AND courts to pay attention to and administer punishment for non alcohol related vehicle deaths.

In fact it's time more people demand it.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

MAPearce wrote:
FreeRights wrote:
MAPearce wrote:
FreeRights wrote:

Oh it's designed for it ,however, since there is such a passion about eradicating drinking and driving, all other motor vehicle deaths have taken a" back seat" to it and their lobby, (MADD for example).

When my Pops was smoked in the drivers door by some one who hit three cars BEFORE hitting him, ICBC and the OSMV decided that because alcohol was not a factor in the collision,it was just an accident.

No reason to ruin the persons life who hit him by even telling them that they caused a death.

I think that it is indeed time to expect our law makers, peace officers, gov't AND courts to pay attention to and administer punishment for non alcohol related vehicle deaths.

In fact it's time more people demand it.

I agree that Canada should take a more "justice" avenue as far as handing out sentences. I agree with you 100%.

However, our legal system is currently a rehabilitation clinic. Best the attention be focused on them to that, maybe, that changes.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

MAPearce wrote:See ? Just like I posted in another thread. You can get away with murder in this province.

Just use a car and be sober when you do.

____________________________________________-

Reality is if you wish to remove someone (ex-wife) car accident is best. It was not intentional!!

Maybe draw 3-5 years, out in two as you were held in remand. This is so sad. We should elect our Judges as they do in the USA.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

FreeRights wrote:

You can't rehabilitate stupidity.

Return to “B.C.”