Re: Kelowna RCMP Wearing Video Cameras

Post by bcpaul »

sURE, as long as I can record them too
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

bcpaul wrote:sURE, as long as I can record them too

What are you doing that you are finding yourself in a position to need to be recording "them"??
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nobody is stopping you.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

What are you doing that you are finding yourself in a position to need to be recording "them"??

What could "HE" be doing ?? But hey , as the common refrain goes .."if you have nothing to hide , why worry" ?

I know , it's getting old ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

MAPearce wrote:
What could "HE" be doing ?? But hey , as the common refrain goes .."if you have nothing to hide , why worry" ?

It must really be horrible to have to live in constant "I have to look over my shoulder" mode.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

My camera points straight ahead.
Your bias suits you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

It must really be horrible to have to live in constant "I have to look over my shoulder" mode.

Tell me what it's like Trunk...I don't have too.

But I know you weren't implying that I do....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

MAPearce wrote:

Tell me what it's like Trunk...I don't have too.

But I know you weren't implying that I do....

I wasnt implying anything...I was simply saying you have this `fear` of what a cop is going to do to you or someone, anyone for that matter....its so deep that you want them to carry video cameras on them so their actions can be recorded all of the time. To me thats a sort of paranoid way of thinking and or living....isnt it.
Cops are there to help and to enforce the law...its too bad you can never get past the bad experience you have had with them. You should try tho...they really are not that bad.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

It's not a fear really..but even 3 weeks ago, after a dropped 911 call from my cell NUMBER (not phone) I have reason to question how the RCMP work...I was never "Mantlered " and doubt I ever will be but if you can suggest that I ,or anyone else don't have to worry about being Monty'd , then you don't have a realistic view of how Canadians have been disappointed by the actions of a once revered police force. Sorry buddy , but I hold the RCMP accountable to the expectations that the RCMP hold those that they police to..Lately the RCMP fail...

I had nothing to hide..But now I do INDEED have questions...

LOVE to see the video AND the audio on that one..I'll move to the Kelowna "law enforcement " thread with that one later and you can try to answer to "The Boss"...

Cameras on the RCMP are a GOOD thing..As long as you guys don't have the remote.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

MAPearce wrote:It's not a fear really..but even 3 weeks ago, after a dropped 911 call from my cell NUMBER (not phone) I have reason to question how the RCMP work...I was never "Mantlered " and doubt I ever will be but if you can suggest that I ,or anyone else don't have to worry about being Monty'd , then you don't have a realistic view of how Canadians have been disappointed by the actions of a once revered police force. Sorry buddy , but I hold the RCMP accountable to the expectations that the RCMP hold those that they police to..Lately the RCMP fail...

LOVE to see the video AND the audio on that one..I'll move to the Kelowna "law enforcement " thread with that one later and you can try to answer to "The Boss"...

Cameras on the RCMP are a GOOD thing..As long as you guys don't have the remote.

Ever heard of pocket dialing?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

MAPearce wrote:It's not a fear really..but even 3 weeks ago, after a dropped 911 call from my cell NUMBER (not phone) I have reason to question how the RCMP work...I was never "Mantlered " and doubt I ever will be but if you can suggest that I ,or anyone else don't have to worry about being Monty'd , then you don't have a realistic view of how Canadians have been disappointed by the actions of a once revered police force. Sorry buddy , but I hold the RCMP accountable to the expectations that the RCMP hold those that they police to..Lately the RCMP fail...

How is it that you bring up a Mountie that clearly did wrong....BUT HERES A THOUGHT...He was off duty so him wearing a camera is of no concern here. He was convicted of obstruction (dont bother to complain about the sentence) The RCMP had nothing to do with that.
Regarding the abandon 911:
PM me and I will try and explain what I can...
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

Captain Awesome wrote:

Nobody is stopping you.

go to youtube. see what police will do to you if they know you start video/audio taping.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

CoconutBreath wrote:go to youtube. see what police will do to you if they know you start video/audio taping.

And what is that exactly??
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

[quote][How is it that you bring up a Mountie that clearly did wrong....BUT HERES A THOUGHT...He was off duty so him wearing a camera is of no concern here. He was convicted of obstruction (dont bother to complain about the sentence) The RCMP had nothing to do with that.
Regarding the abandon 911:
PM me and I will try and explain what I can.../quote]

What one you talking about ? Monty or Mantler ??

Seems to me ,and as I have said earlier , RCMP officers wearing cameras is a GOOD thing..

Mantler was on duty as was Robinson when they committed thier "questionable" acts... Consindering the public backlash from the "public" video of their actions, it could only suggest that RCMP officers don't deserve control of that "evidence"...

One person got boot@#$%ed for no apparent reason and one person DIED...if it weren't for the "raw " video, the RCMP would have the public believe what they wanted...

Your move Trunk
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
CoconutBreath wrote:go to youtube. see what police will do to you if they know you start video/audio taping.

And what is that exactly??

must I have to spoon-feed you? go to youtube & search.

Return to “B.C.”