Dealing Compassion Club Shut Down

goalie
Übergod

Dealing Compassion Club Shut Down

Post by goalie »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/62815/Dealing-compassion-club-shut-down

This headline is misleading because it makes it sound as if the club was dealing on the side to non-members. Obviously all Clubs are 'dealers' in the sense they sell marijuana. Some cities have lower tolerance for Clubs.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Dealing Compassion Club Shut Down

Post by Gixxer »

This same company has locations in Kelowna, and Vernon. How long till the RCMP raid these ones too?
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Gixxer wrote:This same company has locations in Kelowna, and Vernon. How long till the RCMP raid these ones too?

Good question. I guess it depends how long the cities tolerate it. I remember seeing something about the Kelowna one last year on Castanet so it's been around for a while now.
kelownalongtime
Board Meister

Post by kelownalongtime »

Mounties swoop to close 'clinic' in drug crackdown

RCMP arrest man in 'unlicensed' business

Chilliwack RCMP have shut down an area business that advertised medical marijuana but was planning to peddle hash oil and drug-laced lollipops.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Mountie ... z1QD2R5rqU
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

haha that's even funnier than the previous article. Medical marijuana doesn't have to be a joint, not everyone can smoke it. But apparently they distribute marijuana laced lollipops to all the schools and all kids will die a horrible death. OH GOD SAVE US
kelownalongtime
Board Meister

Post by kelownalongtime »

"Ultimately, the business was being operated under the guise of a medicinal marijuana compassion club where marijuana, marijuana oils, and related products were being offered for sale," RCMP Cpl. Kurt Bosnell said in a press release. "The business was not licensed by Health Canada to distribute or sell marijuana to the public and was found to be an illegal marijuana trafficking operation that was operating as a store-front business."

Only individuals can receive licenses from Health Canada to possess or produce marijuana, and Health Canada is the only organization that can legally supply marijuana or its seeds to those persons.

Read more: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/health/M ... z1QD43DzVx
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

kelownalongtime wrote:"Ultimately, the business was being operated under the guise of a medicinal marijuana compassion club where marijuana, marijuana oils, and related products were being offered for sale," RCMP Cpl. Kurt Bosnell said in a press release. "The business was not licensed by Health Canada to distribute or sell marijuana to the public and was found to be an illegal marijuana trafficking operation that was operating as a store-front business."

Only individuals can receive licenses from Health Canada to possess or produce marijuana, and Health Canada is the only organization that can legally supply marijuana or its seeds to those persons.

Read more: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/health/M ... z1QD43DzVx

I'm certain there will be a TEST case on this.

The problem right now is, I do not believe the Medical Marihuana allows person to distribute it. That is simply trafficking. The problem is, if you do not prosecute it correctly, you make bad case law, which then makes the act difficult to enforce on a good case.

The whole Act needs to be looked at, I personally feel this is just another case of I like it and I want it legalized. Our politicians think MJ of the 70's is the same today, but it is only three times more potent. Not the same drug they knew well.

Return to “B.C.”