Teachers' job action

How do you stand on the teachers' job action?

I support the teachers' job action.
41%
I don't support the teachers' job action.
59%

Total votes: 168

goatboy
Guru

Re: Teachers' job action

Post by goatboy »

What is hilarious about that video is that it is American but could have easily have been a BCTF press conference.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

goatboy wrote:What is hilarious about that video is that it is American but could have easily have been a BCTF press conference.

How much do you want to wager that Lambert's seen it. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

if the BC government doubled education spending tomorrow

Go for it-give it a try! Half the millitary spending and transfer.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

We've heard a lot about the government not respecting teachers and yet the so-called attack ads talk about how teachers care for their students and during the part of the Bill 22 debate in the Legislature that I watched I heard the Minister talk about teachers in positive terms. And today I received this certificate in the mail:

ETA: This doesn't look like an attack letter against retired teachers. Nor does is seem to show a lack of respect. On the contrary. I've always liked an respected George Abbott and it was nice to read this certificate that is being sent out to retired teachers. Very classy on his part I think.

MY NAME

On behalf of the Government of British Columbia, I wish to thank you for your contribution to the education system, the teaching profession and, most importantly, the children of British Columbia.

As a teacher, you dedicated your career to the education of our children and played a crucial role in building the society that we cherish today. For every success story in British Columbia, there is a very clear link back to the inspiration and support provided by our teachers.

I sincerely appreciate your dedication to education, lifelong learning and community building and, as you enjoy your well-deserved retirement, I know that you will continue to be a leader in your community, just as you were a leader in the classroom for so many students.

Again, thank you for your invaluable contribution to the education system, the teaching profession and the children of British Columbia.

George Abbott
Minister of Education
March 12, 2012
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I liked and respected Vince Coleman, shook his hand once, I'm still looking for my watch. jk :131:
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Rich Coleman?? :coffeecanuck:

Return to “B.C.”