RCMP arrest 13 young people racing in expensive cars

EastVanBC

RCMP arrest 13 young people racing in expensive cars

Post by EastVanBC »

SURREY (NEWS1130) - Thirteen people, all 20 years old or younger, have been arrested and charged with driving without due care and have had their cars seized by RCMP.

Corporal Holly Marks says it happened just as the rush hour was beginning at 3:30 yesterday afternoon. "Deas Island Freeway patrol received a report of a bunch of vehicles that were driving erratically of speeds up to 200 kilometres an hour as they travelled southbound on Highway 99."

They were Ferraris, Maserat's, Lamborghinis, Audis, Mercedes' and Aston Martins traveling in a group. After getting off the freeway, Marks tells us Surrey RCMP caught up with six of them; the others took off for White Rock and were caught there.

She explains the kids driving them only had learner's licenses. "It's amazing to me that someone that young has that much of a powerful vehicle. And then driving it in a manner where so much injury could be caused to people."

"They were all traveling together. At one point, you'd have two vehicles that would actually hang back, and they would hold back the rest of the traffic on the freeway, so that the vehicles ahead of them could take off in a race."

The youngsters are responsible for the towing and impounding costs and fines associated with their charges. None of the cars were stolen.

Source | News1130
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Re: RCMP arrest 13 young people racing in expensive cars

Post by AllthatFunk »

Can you say rich entitled spoiled rotten brats?
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
EastVanBC

Post by EastVanBC »

Racers from Surrey...

I was thinking their cars would be more like:

Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Isn't that street racing? Shouldn't the cars be impounded?

...or are all these "21 year olds" kids of influential local elites? I know by the time I was 21, me and my 13 friends all had 150,000+ dollar cars.

What kind of parent lets a kid with a "N" drive a Lambo?

196 dollars is what these kids get get for a weekly allowance I'm sure, let alone their credit card bills paid off every month.

Boy did they learn their lesson - that once your wealthy the rules don't really apply to you.
EastVanBC

Post by EastVanBC »

EastVanBC

Post by EastVanBC »

The impounded cars

2007 Ferrari 599
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
2010 Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Audi R8
2012 Nissan GT-R
2010 Nissan GT-R
2010 Nissan GT-R
2010 Maserati Turismo
2010 Maserati Turismo
2011 Mercedes SL63
2011 Mercedes SLS
2005 Aston Martin DB9
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

EastVanBC wrote:2005 Aston Martin DB9

Sexy! let me know when the police auction is maybe I can pick it up for a steal!
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nissan GT-R would be sweet. DB9 is not too shabby either.

Seeing them with an N sign makes me feel like a loser, lol.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I dunno, guys ... there's only one kid who had a 2012 ... all the others are rather underprivileged, doncha think? Poor kids don't have the newest toys. *sobbing uncontrollably for these poor children*
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

grammafreddy wrote:I dunno, guys ... there's only one kid who had a 2012 ... all the others are rather underprivileged, doncha think? Poor kids don't have the newest toys. *sobbing uncontrollably for these poor children*

:dyinglaughing: re: you sobbing uncontrollably GF.

:backtotopic: Our now adult Son worked hard, saved & bought his car out right. No hand outs from Ma & Pa like these 13 young peeps seem to have. Makes no sense to me how these parental units think this is an okay thing for their kids to be driving such cars.
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

Star Light wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:I dunno, guys ... there's only one kid who had a 2012 ... all the others are rather underprivileged, doncha think? Poor kids don't have the newest toys. *sobbing uncontrollably for these poor children*

:dyinglaughing: re: you sobbing uncontrollably GF.

:backtotopic: Our now adult Son worked hard, saved & bought his car out right. No hand outs from Ma & Pa like these 13 young peeps seem to have. Makes no sense to me how these parental units think this is an okay thing for their kids to be driving such cars.

My dad bought me my first car...but it was a 1984 volkswagen jetta! which I loved <3
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

My dad GAVE me my first car (he bought a new one). It was a 1959 Wolseley 6/110 - sweet thing .... real wood dash, real leather interior. It even had a hand crank on the front in case it wouldn't start.

He bought it brand new right from the factory in England, specially made with the steering wheel of the left instead of the right. He went to England to get it and drove it back to France where we were living then. When we came back to Canada four years later, we brought it back with us - along with the Westphalia travel trailer that he bought in Germany.

We probably owned the only Wolseley in Canada - I've never seen another. Man, I loved that car!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

All those with an N will have their licenses suspended. >4 points in a year means a suspension. Probably 3 months.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

They should loose all the cars permantly. Being N drivers they should have to start all over again after a long suspension and their insurance should be so expensive when the do drive again that even they will feel the pinch.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
hutton
Fledgling

Post by hutton »

I am not trying to make this into a race thing, but watching the story on the news last night all kids that they showed were asian. At the end of the story the reporter said that one of the parties had contacted them and wanted to say that" all though he was there, he was not racing just following the group and not breaking any laws or doing anything illegal. Well, if the group was hitting speeds in excess of 200kph, how do you just follow the group without speeding, they would be gone in a heart beat at those speeds and he is trying to say he wasn't speeding.
The reporter also said that the group will be fighting the tickets in court!!!!!!

Return to “B.C.”