Missing little boy in Sparwood.

Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Missing little boy in Sparwood.

Post by Nebula »

Nab, you can easily just quote the last statement made by the person you are responding to. It cuts down on all of that crap. Also, some posters have been warned by moderators not to do what you are doing.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Bellevuejim wrote:
barnstorm55 wrote:They initially left the home becuase it was a CRIME scene. Then they chose not to return for the best of the family...imagine that! Do any of you think that it was a requirement of a successful outcome that the family remained chained to the home? Does anyone doubt that the phone line was being monitored?

If some of you need to ask simple questions like "Why were'nt they home?" you need to go away and consider returning when you have learned the most basic facts of the incident. No wonder your minds wander off into some distant place most of us don't go.

Oh...I'm sorry. It was a crime scene only after the 3rd day when the family actually went to the neighbors house? What about the first 2 days?

Did you overlook the part that perhaps there was a plan put together to make it as easy as possible for the child to be set free in any one of a number of ways or locations and the abductor to simply walk away with no interference from anyone?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
barnstorm55
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by barnstorm55 »

Bellevuejim wrote:
barnstorm55 wrote:They initially left the home becuase it was a CRIME scene. Then they chose not to return for the best of the family...imagine that! Do any of you think that it was a requirement of a successful outcome that the family remained chained to the home? Does anyone doubt that the phone line was being monitored?

If some of you need to ask simple questions like "Why were'nt they home?" you need to go away and consider returning when you have learned the most basic facts of the incident. No wonder your minds wander off into some distant place most of us don't go.

Oh...I'm sorry. It was a crime scene only after the 3rd day when the family actually went to the neighbors house? What about the first 2 days?

I will say it once more, hopefully you can comprehend the concept this time around;

If you need to ask simple questions that have simple answers, go away and come back when whern you are better prepared to contribute to the conversation. Until then, you are simply being a hinderance to a logical conversation. Perhaps that is your purpose here in the first place?
Spelling? Grammar? Dilligaf? Mmmmmmmm...Turkey water.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Nebula wrote:Nab, you can easily just quote the last statement made by the person you are responding to. It cuts down on all of that crap. Also, some posters have been warned by moderators not to do what you are doing.

Bring it up again when you are a moderator Nebula. In the meantime if you don't like it then simply don't read it. I will make my own judgements as to the form my posts take based on the individual circumstances at the time without any advice from you thank you very much.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Realistically you would not expect the abductor to return to the house... and return the child....

I expect that is why they are calling it a miracle... :127:

So why would the family stay in the house? Did someone post their phone number so the offending party could call them at home? (If yes... provide a link :200: )

But then... the perp's mom told him to come home. To bring the child home. (Yes she did... or words to that effect... heard it on the Telly.)
So ... he could have listened to Mom...

In many cases the perp is related to the family... has that been ruled out?

Hmmm, what is Juanalta surmising? Why doesn't she just come out and say it? :)

P.S. Thanks Nab for quoting so people can follow your conversation when they happen in to the thread... this is not a tweet... or a twit...
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
barnstorm55
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by barnstorm55 »

The suspect was said to have absolutely no connection to the family whatsoever. In fact, the mother said she did not even know the suspect existed in the community or elsewhere for that matter.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

barnstorm55 wrote:The suspect was said to have absolutely no connection to the family whatsoever. In fact, the mother said she did not even know the suspect existed in the community or elsewhere for that matter.

What's your point? Does that rule out that the perp was not related to the family? :127:
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Bellevuejim wrote:Oh...I'm sorry. It was a crime scene only after the 3rd day when the family actually went to the neighbors house? What about the first 2 days?

This report... 40 hours ago..

Kienan Hebert is home
by The Canadian Press - Story: 64505
Sep 11, 2011 / 7:04 am

Police say three-year-old Kienan Hebert was returned safe and sound to his own home four days after he was abducted in Sparwood, B.C.
Photo: Contributed - Ryan Donn
Three-year-old Kienan Hebert was returned safely by his abductor, RCMP Cpl Dan Moskaluk confirms.

RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk said early Sunday that Hebert was returned by the suspect in the case after an emotional plea from his family.

"Kienan Hebert 3yr old Sparwood child is safe and sound," Moskaluk said via Twitter. "Within 12 hours of family plea for return, child returned by suspect."

At a news briefing later, police said someone called 911 and told authorities they would find the missing boy at the home from where he was abducted.

They believe the suspected kidnapper brought him back there. A search is now on for the suspect.

The house had been cordoned off and unoccupied since the family found the boy missing Wednesday morning. They had last seen him when they put him to bed the previous evening.

"Great news!" said Dave Elliott, a neighbour who was among four or five people gathered outside a nearby house where the Hebert family has been staying.

Elliott said he did not want to say too much as the boy's father, Paul Hebert, may be speaking later about the positive outcome of the frantic search that had drawn in hundreds of volunteers from across the region.

On Saturday, the boy's parents brushed away tears as Moskaluk confirmed that their son was kidnapped from his home in this scenic close-knit mountain community. The boy has a history of sleepwalking, and many were hoping he had perhaps just wandered away.

Clasping his wife's hand tightly under the table, Paul Hebert had a message for Kienan's suspected captor, who police allege is Randall Hopley, 46, a convicted sex offender from the Sparwood area.

"We're just asking, please bring Kienan to a safe place right now, OK? Like a gas station or store parking lot where he is visibly seen and you could just drop him off there okay? Walk away," Hebert said quietly.

"We just want him safe. Kienan's only three years old right now and as you know and we know Kienan can't speak, so he can't tell us who you are, right? This is your chance right now to get away. All we want is Kienan to come back with us and to be safe in our arms again."

Moskaluk said Kienan still has limited verbal skills and agreed it was unlikely that he would be able to tell investigators anything about his abductor or lead them back to where he had been held.

"Bring him back. Drop him off in town. Make sure somebody sees him. Do it as secretly as you have to, drop the kid off and get out of dodge."

Police said a second abduction happened at another home on the evening Hebert went missing, when the suspect tried unsuccessfully to lure another child out of the home.

Moskaluk wouldn't say when investigators discovered the other attempted abduction attempt or the age or sex of the child involved.

Hopley was convicted of sexual assault in the mid-1980s and was given a two-year federal prison sentence.

An incident in November 2007 led to charges of break and enter, unlawful confinement and attempted abduction, and the indictment for the case indicated the victim was under 16 years old.

B.C.'s Criminal Justice Branch has confirmed Hopley pleaded guilty to break and enter and was sentenced to 18 months in jail, while the other charges were stayed.

Crown spokesman Neil MacKenzie confirmed Hopley admitted at trial that he attempted to remove a 10-year-old boy, who was in foster care at the time. Hopley claimed he was acting on behalf of the child's parents.

A preliminary hearing has been set for Sept. 19 in Pincher Creek, Alta. According to a court official in Lethbridge, Hopley faces 12 charges dating back to May 2010 in Crowsnest Pass. They include break and enter and possession of stolen property.

Two of Hopley's recent defence lawyers declined to comment.
barnstorm55
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by barnstorm55 »

MY point is that you asked if the "perp" was related to the family. My answer to you is that the "suspect" was thought to have no connection whatsoever to the family.

Due to the fact that no one has been charged and convicted of the offenses involved there is no "perp". Perp is slang for perpetrator which refers to those whom committed a crime.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

barnstorm55 wrote:MY point is that you asked if the "perp" was related to the family. My answer to you is that the "suspect" was thought to have no connection whatsoever to the family.

Due to the fact that no one has been charged and convicted of the offenses involved there is no "perp". Perp is slang for perpetrator which refers to those whom committed a crime.

Providing the child was abducted then a perp committed the crime... so there is a perp.. it's just not necessarily the named suspect...
The only way there would not be a perp is if the child went for a long walk, was sleeping on the couch for the three days, or the family forgot they left him at a baby sitters... something like that.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

SunBunny wrote:For goodness sakes. A three year old boy was kidnapped by a mentally disturbed man, and miraculously he is alive and sleeping unharmed in his own bed tonight. Can people just not be happy?

I concur.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Bestside...I'l repeat myself for you....I'm not surmizing anything. I have no preconcieved notions, no big conspiracy theories...just, like a lot of people...a whole lot of questions about what seems to be a whole lot of oddities in this whole case.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Ljjumbles wrote:
SunBunny wrote:For goodness sakes. A three year old boy was kidnapped by a mentally disturbed man, and miraculously he is alive and sleeping unharmed in his own bed tonight. Can people just not be happy?

I concur.

For goodness sake.. is someone not happy that the little boy is home? That is no good!

So you say the "mentally disturbed man" has been located, is in custody and it has been determined for sure it was him. Great, that was the last key to let everyone relax and be happy, otherwise there is a huge concern. Please provide the link.
barnstorm55
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by barnstorm55 »

Fools enjoy semantics.

The fact is there is only one suspect that we have been made aware of. Obviously someone out there is responsible for the boys absence. Duh!!

Until you can attach a name and face to that guilty person and prove he or she is responsible you do not have a perpetrator. So as it stands how could you possibly determine if there a relationship between the guilty party and the family. There is no known guilty party

I choose to focus on the known information and rejoice knowing the boy is now home and being watched by the authorities. Too many of you twist things into some absurd Twightlight Zone episode.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

janalta wrote:Bestside...I'l repeat myself for you....I'm not surmizing anything. I have no preconcieved notions, no big conspiracy theories...just, like a lot of people...a whole lot of questions about what seems to be a whole lot of oddities in this whole case.

Sorry, I must have missed that ... perhaps Nab failed to quote you :)

I agree with you... I think a person is determined to be mentally challenged when they think and do things differently... that may simply be what is in play with this case... a person that is unpredictable to the extreme.

Return to “B.C.”