For Christy Clark, it's job-creation week

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: For Christy Clark, it's job-creation week

Post by steven lloyd »

Homeownertoo wrote: Given the concerns expressed by members of the public, you would think answers would be more forthcoming from schools, universities and government as to the cost-benefit equation of letting in large numbers of foreign students, ....

Yes, you would think that much would be clear - and meaning clear answers as opposed to vague pie in the sky rhetoric.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i love the idea of taxing the hell out of businesses and then giving them a break for every full time employee that is on the payroll of longer than 6 months of the year. at leas they would have to work for their cakewalk. and when they actually post "real" numbers of jobs instead of the drug induced numbers after 2015 like christy says they can start to eat their cake.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

steven lloyd wrote:
    Homeownertoo wrote: Given the concerns expressed by members of the public, you would think answers would be more forthcoming from schools, universities and government as to the cost-benefit equation of letting in large numbers of foreign students, ....

Yes, you would think that much would be clear - and meaning clear answers as opposed to vague pie in the sky rhetoric.
Setting aside the economic benefits, universities benefit by diversity and the foreign students are a big plus obviously. In my opinion. As to the financial implications I would say they are positive as the premier suggests. The students take care of their own room and board and the government gets the full tuition from the students without having to pay a subsidy.

In summary, the foreign students win because they get to take advantage of a Canadian university education, Canadian students win through the diversity, and we all gain because of the money coming into the province and by the jobs that are created. It's hard to see a downside.

Return to “B.C.”