Young actress/model/student shot dead at B.C. university

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Young actress/model/student shot dead at B.C. university

Post by Fancy »

I don't know what else the RCMP can do about the Highway of Tears since it is an ongoing investigation and have created different task forces to deal with missing and murdered persons.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

grammafreddy wrote:http://www.highwayoftears.ca/

There are quite a few missing along or connected to Hwy 16 who are NOT Native people.

I did say "most" freddy. I traveled that highway for yrs, and most of the hikers were of Native origin. Please take note i said MOST.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I fail to see the connection between the Highway of Tears to the young lady in question. The more police officers involved at the beginning is commendable.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

razzledazzle wrote:

There are quite a few missing along or connected to Hwy 16 who are NOT Native people.

I did say "most" freddy. I traveled that highway for yrs, and most of the hikers were of Native origin. Please take note i said MOST.

Yes you did. But try substituting the word "thought" for "wonder" and see what happens. My own post was not a reference was in any way connected to GF's but oh no,

As for the Hwy of Tears, I'm thinking if the RCMP had put 50 people on the case immediately, maybe they would have had someone by now. Maybe that's the lesson they had to learn and hence there are 50 members blitzing this recent case now. That's what I believe has happened.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

razzledazzle wrote:

I also fail to see the connection - but am assuming your mentioning the H of T is because of the lack of immediate recognition that there was a problem there and more than likely a serial killer who targeted women traveling alone. (My sister may have been one of them and her murderer is still on the loose) The same can be said for the women missing on the DES - they were also ignored, not because they were Native but because they were sex trade workers and/or drug addicts.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

razzledazzle wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
razzledazzle wrote:And time is not of the essence on the highyway 16 murders?

Not in the same way, no.

And why not? or is it that most of the killings done on that highway are Native women?

No, not because they were native (were they? I don't know, really).

Time is of the essence is because the very first 72 hours after the killing is crucial to recover and gather information for solving the crime. Also, you have way better chances of solving a crime in the first 72 hours. After that the probability of solving a crime goes sharply down and it might become another cold case. That's why number of officers is so high in the beginning.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
razzledazzle
Lord of the Board

Post by razzledazzle »

Captain Awesome wrote:
razzledazzle wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
razzledazzle wrote:And time is not of the essence on the highyway 16 murders?

Not in the same way, no.

And why not? or is it that most of the killings done on that highway are Native women?

No, not because they were native (were they? I don't know, really).

Time is of the essence is because the very first 72 hours after the killing is crucial to recover and gather information for solving the crime. Also, you have way better chances of solving a crime in the first 72 hours. After that the probability of solving a crime goes sharply down and it might become another cold case. That's why number of officers is so high in the beginning.

The same could be said of the leader of the scorpions here in kelowna then, were 50 cops put on that case? Right away?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

razzledazzle wrote:The same could be said of the leader of the scorpions here in kelowna then, were 50 cops put on that case? Right away?

I believe it applies to all crimes.
Winston_Smith
Fledgling

Post by Winston_Smith »

Ex-boyfriend and associate charged in Maple Batalia’s murder
Gurjinder Singh (Gary) Dhaliwal, 20 and Gursimar Bedi, a 22-year-old associate, have been charged in the Sept. 2011 slaying of Maple Batalia.

Dhaliwal had dated Batalia, but she broke it off with him because she didn’t like the path he was taking. He is now facing a first-degree murder charge, the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team announced Saturday.

Bedi is charged with manslaughter and abetting after the fact. Both will appear in Surrey Provincial Court Monday.

Dhaliwal has no criminal record, while Bedi is also currently facing trafficking charges dating back to May 2011. He is due to appear in court on those in January.

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/12/01/two-men-arrested-in-maple-batalias-murder-ihit
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Queen K wrote: As for the Hwy of Tears, I'm thinking if the RCMP had put 50 people on the case immediately, maybe they would have had someone by now. Maybe that's the lesson they had to learn and hence there are 50 members blitzing this recent case now. That's what I believe has happened.

A bit off topic from the OP ( very sad BTW ) but the “Highway of Tears” was examined on the CBS news show “48 Hours” a couple of Saturdays ago. Two predators have already been identified. One has already died in a prison in United States (he was identified with DNA evidence), ...

CBC News has learned that police will announce that DNA has linked American convict Bobby Jack Fowler, now deceased, to the killing of Colleen MacMillen, 16.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... vance.html

... and another, one of our very own home-grown serial killers (Cody Alan Legebokoff), was by fluke essentially caught in the act by an observant RCMP member patrolling the highway who got suspicious noting him driving his pickup out onto the highway off a logging road late one night and stopped him to investigate. He had him stopped and when a Game Warden arrived they searched down the road and found the body of his fresh kill. He has been charged with three murders and is in prison still awaiting trial. At 19 at his arrest he is the youngest serial killer known in Canada’s history at least.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50135366n

It is apparent that more than one killer and/or serial killer is responsible for the murders along Hwy #16 in northwest BC. It is also becoming apparent that there are many more serial killers out there than we would like to imagine.

Highway of Tears murders probed by CBS '48 hours'
48 Hours investigates northern B.C.'s missing and murdered women
CBC News
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:01 AM PT

The unsolved murders on B.C.'s Highway of Tears will be the subject of a special episode of the top-rated U.S. investigative TV show "48 Hours" on Saturday.

The documentary will focus on the 18 women who were murdered or mysteriously disappeared along highways in northern and central B.C. since the 1960s.

Their story formed part of Commisioner Wally Oppal's Missing Women Inquiry, but is not well-known south of the border, according to producer Paul LaRosa.

"It's almost a new story for people down here, and I think they'll be taken with it, be very surprised by it."

LaRosa said the production team was struck by the pain endured by the victims' families — but also the beauty of the surrounding landscape, and tried to showcase both.

"What I thought also is how beautiful everything around us was, and the dichotomy between the natural landscape and what we were doing there, you know, how horrible it was. And I thought this place has a beauty but it's, in a way, it's a terrible beauty by the killers who have been roaming around."

LaRosa said he believes the documentary will bring new perspective to the story — even to audiences already familiar with the stories.

"And I'm hoping [for] new information and tips to the investigators up there."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... women.html

An American TV show featuring B.C.'s "Highway of Tears" is generating some new tips for the RCMP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/11/20 ... 68613.html

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Woodenhead wins.

Woodenhead wrote:First thing I thought was "it was an ex" ...
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

Gee, you mean those posters on the first page or two who jumped on the "honour killing" bandwagon were wrong?

Anyway, sad story. This planet really sucks sometimes.
Your bias suits you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Woodenhead wrote:Gee, you mean those posters on the first page or two who jumped on the "honour killing" bandwagon were wrong?

Maybe not.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Woodenhead
Guru

Post by Woodenhead »

grammafreddy wrote:Maybe not.

Definitely not.

I could easily sit here & pick the whole thing apart (at best, he may try to use it as a completely made-up defense), but it's not worth it. Believe what you want.
Your bias suits you.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

yeesh dont bring up the highway of tears or we will have another BC picton enquiry that shows the lack of anything done and yet costs the taxpayers millions with no results.
all those deaths and all the millions spent and the fake investigations are still covered up.

Return to “B.C.”