Vancouver BC, Western Canada facing record cold this winter

logicalview
Guru

Re: Vancouver BC, Western Canada facing record cold this win

Post by logicalview »

Good. It's about bloody time.

I was getting bored of "global warming".
Not afraid to say "It".
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Anybody got a Farmer's Almanac?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

grammafreddy wrote:Anybody got a Farmer's Almanac?

Farmer's Almanac long range forecast for various BC cities

http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/BC
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

environment Canada was on the news today saying that no one can actually know(predict) what the winter will be like for sure
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

toughnut wrote:environment Canada was on the news today saying that no one can actually know(predict) what the winter will be like for sure

Half the time they can't predict what the weather will be like for the day.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

It must be Gordo's fault. And Christy's low cut tops must have a role to play here too. I bet there are friends of the BC Libs getting payoffs on the backs of the working man because of this cold weather that Gordo caused. And look at all the HST they will collect because of Gordo's weather manipulation! Those dirty rotten crooked ba$tards!

There, no need for Nab or his entourage to chime in, I've already written their scripts for them. :127:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Any one know if La Nina was present during the 2008/2009 winter? As we got LOTS of snow that winter, and I would love a repeat! :discodance:
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

toughnut wrote:environment Canada was on the news today saying that no one can actually know(predict) what the winter will be like for sure

That is correct, however, winter is an exception because of El Nino and La Nina cycles. Let's say there are three options for cold, average, and warm, so for the summer forecasts weather prognosticators will get it right about 33% of the time, but for the winter they'll get it right in the range of 35 to 40% of the time, which is slightly better than chance.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

Glacier wrote:

That is correct, however, winter is an exception because of El Nino and La Nina cycles. Let's say there are three options for cold, average, and warm, so for the summer forecasts weather prognosticators will get it right about 33% of the time, but for the winter they'll get it right in the range of 35 to 40% of the time, which is slightly better than chance.

so then whats your point?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Province wide 20 days of -20 would go long way knocking the hell out of those tree killing bugs, so bring it on.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

Libelle wrote:Any one know if La Nina was present during the 2008/2009 winter? As we got LOTS of snow that winter, and I would love a repeat! :discodance:

I would LOVE a repeat of 2008-2009. Or an even worse winter!!! I would like for there to be snow on the ground continuously from late November to late February or early March. If we get ANOTHER mild year, I will rip the hair out of my head, grow it back and rip it out again.

Last year they predicted the "coldest winter ever", and it was almost as mild as the previous year (the mildest winter ever). How they managed to be so very wrong in their prediction last year is beyond me.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Cumungala wrote:
Libelle wrote:Any one know if La Nina was present during the 2008/2009 winter? As we got LOTS of snow that winter, and I would love a repeat! :discodance:

I would LOVE a repeat of 2008-2009. Or an even worse winter!!! I would like for there to be snow on the ground continuously from late November to late February or early March. If we get ANOTHER mild year, I will rip the hair out of my head, grow it back and rip it out again.

Last year they predicted the "coldest winter ever", and it was almost as mild as the previous year (the mildest winter ever). How they managed to be so very wrong in their prediction last year is beyond me.

You two are obviously stay at home people . Anyone who drives or has to leave the house never wishes for these things.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

xjeepguy wrote:
Cumungala wrote:

You two are obviously stay at home people . Anyone who drives or has to leave the house never wishes for these things.

Sorry xjeepguy, but some of us just know how to drive in the snow...I'm with you cumugala and Libelle!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

coffeeFreak wrote:
Sorry xjeepguy, but some of us just know how to drive in the snow...I'm with you cumugala and Libelle!!

Some of us do too, it's the other guys/gals that are scary!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “B.C.”