Kash Heed - Continued Accusations of Wrongdoing

my5cents
Guru

Re: Kash Heed - Continued Accusations of Wrongdoing

Post by my5cents »

flamingfingers wrote:my5 - if you have not read, or been directed to Ian Milgrew's interview with Sall, here is a link that you may be interested in that also links to Mr. Milgrew's interview with Barinder Sall. I agree with you that there is absolutely no way that Kash Heed 'did not know' what was going on.

http://alexgtsakumis.com/2011/10/31/kas ... ng-review/

Thanks, flaming, Yes, I've read it. I'm an avid reader of Tsakumis.

Not sure where I linked to it, but the Information to Obtain the search warrants on the pamphlet investigation (90 some pages) was very interesting as well.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

So there you go:

Elections B.C. clears Heed in spending allegations
CBC News Posted: Nov 17, 2011

The head of Elections B.C. says he will not launch a new investigation into allegations that Liberal MLA Kash Heed hid campaign spending during the 2009 provincial election.

Chief Electoral Officer Keith Archer says there is nothing new in the allegations made by Heed's former campaign manager Barinder Sall, and he considers the matter closed.

Previously Sall and printer Dinesh Khanna were charged after anonymous pamphlets were distributed in the Vancouver-Fraserview riding attacking Heed's NDP opponent.

A provincial court judge in Vancouver fined Sall $15,000 and placed him on probation for a year, while Khanna was fined $6,000 and given three months probation.

Heed was cleared of any wrongdoing in the incident but was fined $8,000 for overspending about $5,500 dollars in his successful campaign.

Archer took another look at the case this month after Sall alleged $40,000 in campaign spending was unaccounted for.

On Thursday morning in Victoria Archer said Elections B.C. looked at the allegations — but did not interview Sall — and concluded there was no basis for a new investigation.

NDP still waiting for an apology
NDP critic Leonard Krog said he accepts the Chief Electoral Officer's conclusions, but he still believes the 2009 election in Vancouver-Fraserview was tainted and voters deserve an apology.

"I have yet to hear Christy Clark apologize to the people of British Columbia or the voters of Vancouver- Fraserview. I have yet to hear Mr. Heed apologize to the voters of Vancouver-Fraserview. I have yet to hear the president of the B.C. Liberal party apologize to the voters," said Krog.

Krog stopped short of saying Heed should resign as an MLA.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Urbane wrote:So there you go:

Elections B.C. clears Heed in spending allegations
CBC News Posted: Nov 17, 2011

The head of Elections B.C. says he will not launch a new investigation into allegations that Liberal MLA Kash Heed hid campaign spending during the 2009 provincial election.

Chief Electoral Officer Keith Archer says there is nothing new in the allegations made by Heed's former campaign manager Barinder Sall, and he considers the matter closed.................

Great headline, missing a crucial word "additional".
The headline should have read :
"Elections BC clears Heed of additional over spending allegations"

For some, reading this, (and seeing a file photo of Heed smiling like a sheep eating thistles, below the headline) they would erroneously think Heed has now been cleared of all allegations, vs him being cleared of even more over spending.

Yes, the article does include the line : "Heed was cleared of any wrongdoing in the incident but was fined $8,000 for overspending about $5,500 dollars in his successful campaign."

Even that line, just look at it, "cleared of any wrongdoing" "fined $8,000 for overspending about $5,500", "successful campaign".

What's the message ?
    - he was cleared
    - he received the "outrageous” fine of $8000 for a miniscule oversight of "about $5,500"
    - he ran a "successful campaign"
I think this CBC article further supports the contention that the media slant negative Liberal news in a very positive way.

Also worthy of note is that Heed was "cleared" by the BC's Chief Electoral Officer, not by a judge.

Anyone remember former Chief Electoral Officer, Harry Neufeld ? He ruled twice against the government in April 2010, one about the government sending out pro-HST fliers and another rejecting a complaint by Finance Minister Colin Hansen about people campaigning against the tax. Shortly thereafter the government in it's wisdom felt that it was time for a new Chief Electoral Officer, and Neufeld was gone. http://www.straight.com/article-326248/ ... -concerned

Urbane if you like reading "CLEARED" articles here's one to read :
Christy Clark cleared in BC Rail investigation
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca ... lumbiaHome

Documents obtained exclusively by CTV News on one of B.C.'s longest-running corruption scandals show there was no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Christy Clark.

For more than seven years, there has been a cloud of suspicion over the heads of several B.C. politicians ......

And if you believe that one, you'd probably be someone who could be fooled into voting Liberal.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

my5cents, I understand you think that CBC is part of a conspiracy to help the Liberals although I find that strange since many think that the CBC slants left. Be that as it may, it seems to me that you're spinning yourself by not acknowledging what the JUDGE said (Not someone from Elections BC) back in August.

From the CTV News story on August 31, 2011:

B.C. Supreme Court Chief Justice Robert Bauman concluded Heed did not intentionally violate the election finance law, but must pay nonetheless.

"Regardless of Mr. Heed's inexperience in campaigning and his personal good faith in the conduct of his campaign, that campaign has apparently seen a serious breach of a critical provision in the (Elections) Act," Bauman wrote in a decision released Wednesday.

"Responsibility for the conduct of the campaign rests ultimately with the candidate."
ole smelly
Fledgling

Post by ole smelly »

This silly clown seems to think he is above the law. He was involved in a inhouse drinking incident when he ran the west van police dept.
Looking at him he oozes sleeze and open disgust for idealistic naieve, his twisted cynasism makes me sick.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

ole smelly wrote:This silly clown seems to think he is above the law. He was involved in a inhouse drinking incident when he ran the west van police dept.
Looking at him he oozes sleeze and open disgust for idealistic naieve, his twisted cynasism makes me sick.

An ex cop turned politician? who expects anything less?
ole smelly
Fledgling

Post by ole smelly »

Heard a story about a global reporter who went to interview heed. The repoter was shocked with the oily and greasy skin of heed.
The reporter claims heed oozes oil and grease.

Return to “B.C.”