B.C. drunk driving law could be overturned

not so new to town

Re: B.C. drunk driving law could be overturned

Post by not so new to town »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
not so new to town wrote:.... I told the troll in his trunk... beat it...I do understand why judges make the decisions they do. there not always fair and im not gonna argue with you.

You seem argumentative to me...
Oh and before you sling names know what you are talking about. I never said the judge was right. I said he or she sided with the cop and that is why you are so ticked at a `flawed system`. Either way you had to pay the fine and that is why you are so hostile on here.
And comparing a traffic ticket to rape and murder....please. Again get some perspective and learn a thing or two before you come on to these forums (newbie that you are) and try to come off like you know everything because no one knows everything...we could all stand to listen and learn from the ones we chose to. IMO you have nothing to offer or to teach anyone with the attitude you present.

oh Im not a newbie....maybe you should learn a thing or two about changing a user name...Im not hear to argue, I was just putting out my experience and people like you like to come about and railroad people..I have lots to offer and alot of knowledge. I just dont like people who see there views as the only view. and it doesnt matter about the situation in comparison, the law is the law.
JUST CRUZIN THE BOARD!!!!!!
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

not so new to town wrote:
zzontar wrote:
Or like when I had to explain to bikeguy that you can't ticket someone for passing on a single solid yellow line. He probably didn't like to hear he was wrong either. Bottom line... not all professional advice is going to be correct, but it really shouldn't be the citizen telling the cop how the law works, should it?

care to tell me why not? police dont know the law in and out, I got pulled over about a month ago, not only did i sit in my hummer for 1/2hr, I looked in my mirror to see that it took her nearly that amount of time to flip through her book...

police arent perfect.

they steal
they lie
they grow weed
they drink and drive.

and the list goes on, not that its every member....but. it happens an opinion is just that...oh wait wait wait....if this is you then you know who i am... but you and your wife used to leave your kid in the unit ALONE while you took your dog out side to *bleep* for 15-20 mins + at a time...good cop eh?

Arguementative to the hilt. He was agreeing with you for crying out loud...get off your high horse.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Wow, your wife just got a ticket, you just got pulled over...
Ive been driving for almost 40 years, and havent got a ticket since I was 16.
Never even got a speeding tick yet.

Judging by your arrogance, you have a sense of entitlement thats unwarranted.
You maybe caught it from your wife.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

oh Im not a newbie....maybe you should learn a thing or two about changing a user name...Im not hear to argue, I was just putting out my experience and people like you like to come about and railroad people..I have lots to offer and alot of knowledge. I just dont like people who see there views as the only view. and it doesnt matter about the situation in comparison, the law is the law.

Well I suggest you lose the attitude and maybe more people will repsect the fact that you say you are here to offer info. I was not suggesting my opinion on the matter with your wife was right, wrong or indifferent. I frankly dont care. I was just pointing out things in your arguement and statements that did not make sense and still do not for that matter. Deep breaths buddy deeeeeep breaths.
You are about to fall in the same area as theyeti....
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Babbitman wrote:Wow, your wife just got a ticket, you just got pulled over...

I rest my case....his credability is shot already. Shame too he claimed to have so much to offer.
not so new to town

Trunk-Monkey wrote:

Well I suggest you lose the attitude and maybe more people will repsect the fact that you say you are here to offer info. I was not suggesting my opinion on the matter with your wife was right, wrong or indifferent. I frankly dont care. I was just pointing out things in your arguement and statements that did not make sense and still do not for that matter. Deep breaths buddy deeeeeep breaths.
You are about to fall in the same area as theyeti....

if they dont make sense then please ask for more related info.
not so new to town

Trunk-Monkey wrote:

I rest my case....his credability is shot already. Shame too he claimed to have so much to offer.

wife getting a ticket was in 2006 hasnt had one since and I came around the corner right into a documentation check, I wasnt pulled over for doing something I should not have. And i havent received a ticket since 2004..

please keep railroading me. i also cant say its been 40 years cause im not that old. sorry.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

No need I have already heard enough...the system works...and works well. Its not perfect but then again nor am I or you for that matter.
not so new to town

Trunk-Monkey wrote:

No need I have already heard enough...the system works...and works well. Its not perfect but then again nor am I or you for that matter.

exactly. really shows your maturity when you agree with a guy who has no clear knowledge of a situation, but i can see your not to liked yourself.....i rest my case.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

not so new to town wrote:sure is, my wife got a driving with undue care and attention ticket for driving over a curb with at the time 9 month old daughter in the truck. not on purpose either. $408 I think. tried to fight it and lost. but does anybody remeber the chick that came flying down gordon doing 120km, and lost er? if I can recall correctly she got the same ticket.

thats a major flaw in the system

OK, so everyone has had their shot at "not so new to town".

Can't blame the RCMP on this forum, since you generally see the world as you are either "with us" or "against us".

For starters, the charge is Driving without due care and attention or more correctly -

The section reads :

Careless driving prohibited
    144 (1) A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a highway

(a) without due care and attention,

(b) without reasonable consideration for other persons using the highway, or

(c) at a speed that is excessive relative to the road, traffic, visibility or weather conditions.

Subsection "a" is the charge so often referred to as Undue Care and Attention. The charge, on top of the fine comes with 6 points that ICBC will be happy to charge the violator for at a later date.

From what "not so new to town" says, we don't know if the violation stemmed from a police investigation that was the result of a motor vehicle incident or not. I suspect it was.

I say that because, the good old RCMP are well known for laying on this catch all charge when nothing else seems to fit the bill. The trouble is, that just because a member can't fit another MVA charge to the event, doesn't necessarily warrant a quite severe charge for perhaps a minor event.

I can see "not so new to town" 's frustration when much more serious incidents result in drivers being charged with the same charge.

People such as Mrs Harwinder Gill who were charged with Driving without due care and attention after killing three people.

You may remember she was the woman who in 2007 crashed while driving a 15 passenger van, containing 16 passengers near Abbotsford. The crash killed three people and injured the balance in the van.

The investigation revealed that at a time of the incident she was not licensed to driver such a vehicle. The vehicle had been retrofitted with wooden bench seats and had only two seat belts.

I can understand "not so new to town" 's thinking the administration of the "rule of law" is skewed.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
not so new to town

does it really matter that much to you ? its my opinion.

leave me alone, I dont get why the three of you think that my opinion of what I think is a flawed law, is something that needs to be corrected, i see it that way, and thats it. you see it different, so what?.

much like these two guys who are assuming and agreeing with one another before knowing the facts.

by not so new to town » 31 minutes ago

Trunk-Monkey wrote:

wife getting a ticket was in 2006 hasnt had one since and I came around the corner right into a documentation check, I wasnt pulled over for doing something I should not have. And i havent received a ticket since 2004..

please keep railroading me. i also cant say its been 40 years cause im not that old. sorry.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

not so new to town wrote:does it really matter that much to you ? its my opinion.

leave me alone, I dont get why the three of you think that my opion of the flawed law is something that needs to be corrected, i see it that way, and thats it. you see it different, so what?.

If you want to be ''left alone'', why are you posting on a public forum?
By doing so, it infers invitation to comments and rebuttal.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I say that because, the good old RCMP are well known for laying on this catch all charge when nothing else seems to fit the bill. The trouble is, that just because a member can't fit another MVA charge to the event, doesn't necessarily warrant a quite severe charge for perhaps a minor event.

I can see "not so new to town" 's frustration when much more serious incidents result in drivers being charged with the same charge.

People such as Mrs Harwinder Gill who were charged with Driving without due care and attention after killing three people.

You may remember she was the woman who in 2007 crashed while driving a 15 passenger van, containing 16 passengers near Abbotsford. The crash killed three people and injured the balance in the van.

In your opinion what charges should have been laid?

Further to, are you aware that in BC the case with all evidence including reports and statements, etc would be turned over to the Crown Prosecutor.

It is then up to the prosecutor to determine what the appropriate chare to be laid is.

Now I ask what does that have to do with the RCMP not laying the appropriate charge?
not so new to town

Babbitman wrote:
not so new to town wrote:does it really matter that much to you ? its my opinion.

leave me alone, I dont get why the three of you think that my opion of the flawed law is something that needs to be corrected, i see it that way, and thats it. you see it different, so what?.

If you want to be ''left alone'', why are you posting on a public forum?
By doing so, it infers invitation to comments and rebuttal.

in the sense that this is my opinion and you dont need to try and change ny thinking or perspective views.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

You sound like you have pent up anger.
A vitamin B complex and lots of water helps.

Return to “B.C.”