B.C. drunk driving law could be overturned

jerome2877
Fledgling

Re: B.C. drunk driving law could be overturned

Post by jerome2877 »

KL3-Something wrote:This just shows your ignorance of the law regarding Approved Screening Devices, the Criminal Code and it's relationship to the parts of the MVA that pertain to administrative prohibitions both under Section 215.42 and Section 94.1. Call it a "technical trick" if you want but the law is full of "technical tricks" when it comes to impaired driving. The vast majority of them are in the favor of the accused. This one just works in favor of the Crown for a change.

Don't drink and drive.

Ignorance eh? Parading around with a SCREENING device (used to determin if a proper test at the station is necessary) then handing out administrative sanctions based solely on the Screening device is ignorant!

Don't tell me what to do. :trippyquoter:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Don't complain when what "you" do gets "you" in trouble. the laws are all there in plain english. It is your responsibility as a driver to know them and follow them.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

jerome2877 wrote:
Ignorance eh? Parading around with a SCREENING device (used to determin if a proper test at the station is necessary) then handing out administrative sanctions based solely on the Screening device is ignorant!

Don't tell me what to do. :trippyquoter:

No what is ignorant is the people with attitudes like yourself thinking all cops do is parade around with an APPROVED SCREENING DEVICE to determine anything. I am here to tell you that is not the case. Do cops use the APPROVED screening device? You're damn right they do. Do they parade around with them? You couldnt be more wrong there. There isnt a cop out there that wouldnt rather being doing other police work then having to pull drunks off of the roads...but until people can actually know when to say when and not drive that wont happen. Drunks do not make up the majority on the road but I have been doing this long enough to know that there are a large number that drive drunk more often then not. So for future reference no one is trying to tell you to do or not do anything but trust me when I tell you if you drink and drive and get caught you will be charged or IRP'd just like any other person who does it because its the law....plain and simple. So I guess what KL was offering was some friendly advice, because he was concerned for your safety as well as anyone on the road if you drive drunk. :200:
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Let's see who can guess why I just locked this thread.

Return to “B.C.”