B.C. drunk driving law could be overturned

not so new to town

Re: B.C. drunk driving law could be overturned

Post by not so new to town »

[/quote]

Maybe you should be talking to your wife about her driving instead What caused her to drive over the curb in the first place?[/quote]

mis judged the curb at the superstore, does that warrant a $400 fine?. I personally dont think so. i see people do it all the time, in fact im sure we've all seen this. she didnt go, "oh theres a better spot Ill take the curb"
JUST CRUZIN THE BOARD!!!!!!
not so new to town

Ken7 wrote:

sure is, my wife got a driving with undue care and attention ticket for driving over a curb with at the time 9 month old daughter in the truck. not on purpose either. $408 I think. tried to fight it and lost. but does anybody remeber the chick that came flying down gordon doing 120km, and lost er? if I can recall correctly she got the same ticket.

thats a major flaw in the system.

Do you recall what the Judge said when he concluded the trial? Apparently not or you just did not understand him/her.

I wont use up much time trying to make you understand, but it's real simple. A charge of driving with undue care and attention or Careless driving can be made in many situations, including when there is a lack of attention, judgment or concentration, or due to a mistake being made.

A good example is parking a car infront of a building and hitting the gas not the break and running into the building. Looking down on the floor to pick something up and driving off the road. It is driving without your total focus on the task.

Hope that helps.

Please dont treat me like an idiot. you dont know me.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

not so new to town wrote:
Its also not ok to make assumptions, it was an accident, how many people here can say they misjudged and had one wheel NOT ever go over a curb?

Im not going to look back and in the forum to see if you actually took this to court or not but if you feel that strong about an "accident" then maybe you should. If not then just remember that sudden "misjudgement" or what ever it was could have resulted in a child being hit or a dog etc. Accidents do not "just happen" there is always a reason.
not so new to town

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
not so new to town wrote:
Its also not ok to make assumptions, it was an accident, how many people here can say they misjudged and had one wheel NOT ever go over a curb?

Im not going to look back and in the forum to see if you actually took this to court or not but if you feel that strong about an "accident" then maybe you should. If not then just remember that sudden "misjudgement" or what ever it was could have resulted in a child being hit or a dog etc. Accidents do not "just happen" there is always a reason.

it did go to court but the judge felt there should be and I quote "no driver error in todays society" and continued to scold us on how misjudging a turn and one wheel going over the curb could be devestating. going at idle speed non the less. but lets drop this cause Its pretty lame.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

not so new to town wrote:it did go to court but the judge felt there should be and I quote "no driver error in todays society" and continued to scold us on how misjudging a turn and one wheel going over the curb could be devestating. going at idle speed non the less. but lets drop this cause Its pretty lame.

Just so I am clear...your wife was given a ticket, it was contested in court, the judge sided with the officer and the ticket was upheld. So I fail to see how the system is flawed. Your wife was issued a ticket, she disagreed with why she was issued a ticket and chose to contest it in court as is her right. The judge reviewed the evidence on both sides and sided with the officer issuing the ticket. Seems to me the system worked the way it was designed. Unfortunately for your wife the decision of the officer issuing the ticket was reviewed and backed up by a judge. I suspect the real reason you think the system is flawed is because it cost you 400 bucks. If thats the real reason then I also suggest to you and your wife that the system worked fine as she as well as you will remember next time you have a momentary lack of concentration while driving.
The reason I asked or commented is...well you posted the original post.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I do not believe I said you were an idiot. However, apparently the Judge failed to make you understand why the charge was upheld.

That is why I explained it the way I did. I prosecuted many charges of Driving with out due care and had many convictions for charge laid myself.

Driving with out due care and attention is an action which is a marked departure from that or a normal prudent driver. Apparently what the officer observed and the facts in that case were enough evidence for the Judge to feel the same or the charge would have been dismissed.
not so new to town

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
not so new to town wrote:it did go to court but the judge felt there should be and I quote "no driver error in todays society" and continued to scold us on how misjudging a turn and one wheel going over the curb could be devestating. going at idle speed non the less. but lets drop this cause Its pretty lame.

Just so I am clear...your wife was given a ticket, it was contested in court, the judge sided with the officer and the ticket was upheld. So I fail to see how the system is flawed. Your wife was issued a ticket, she disagreed with why she was issued a ticket and chose to contest it in court as is her right. The judge reviewed the evidence on both sides and sided with the officer issuing the ticket. Seems to me the system worked the way it was designed. Unfortunately for your wife the decision of the officer issuing the ticket was reviewed and backed up by a judge. I suspect the real reason you think the system is flawed is because it cost you 400 bucks. If thats the real reason then I also suggest to you and your wife that the system worked fine as she as well as you will remember next time you have a momentary lack of concentration while driving.
The reason I asked or commented is...well you posted the original post.

get a life dude, is the system right because a judge backs something up? not at all, lets say someone raped your child and then murdered them, and the judge in turn thought 6 years was appropriate for a sentance. you would agree....

go back to your trunk....try locking it on the way in...lol

your dumb comments are not needed here!
not so new to town

Ken7 wrote:

I do not believe I said you were an idiot. However, apparently the Judge failed to make you understand why the charge was upheld.

That is why I explained it the way I did. I prosecuted many charges of Driving with out due care and had many convictions for charge laid myself.

Driving with out due care and attention is an action which is a marked departure from that or a normal prudent driver. Apparently what the officer observed and the facts in that case were enough evidence for the Judge to feel the same or the charge would have been dismissed.

Im gonna tell you the same thing I told the troll in his trunk... beat it...I do understand why judges make the decisions they do. there not always fair and im not gonna argue with you.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

If you didn't want it to be discussed by those who don't have your same views then maybe you shouldn't have brought it up here.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
not so new to town

KL3-Something wrote:If you didn't want it to be discussed by those who don't have your same views then maybe you shouldn't have brought it up here.

theres a differnce between discussing and telling me Im wrong. and making it seem like im an idiot, before having all the facts.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

KL3-Something wrote:If you didn't want it to be discussed by those who don't have your same views then maybe you shouldn't have brought it up here.

You can’t fix it KL, so just drive on!! FIDO!!

He is a real piece of work!

Like I said to Bikeguy, if we did not give our professional advice in an effort to have some understand would the topic at hand just fade away? I think so; some do not like to hear it when they or their wife was wrong.

The End. :dyinglaughing:
not so new to town

Ken7 wrote:

You can’t fix it KL, so just drive on!! FIDO!!

He is a real piece of work!

Like I said to Bikeguy, if we did not give our professional advice in an effort to have some understand would the topic at hand just fade away? I think so; some do not like to hear it when they or their wife was wrong.

I dont care if my wife was wrong or not, just dont push information or knowledge on me that I already understand. every decision a judge makes is not always the correct one, now you being a professional should know that.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Ken7 wrote:

Or like when I had to explain to bikeguy that you can't ticket someone for passing on a single solid yellow line. He probably didn't like to hear he was wrong either. Bottom line... not all professional advice is going to be correct, but it really shouldn't be the citizen telling the cop how the law works, should it?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

not so new to town wrote:.... I told the troll in his trunk... beat it...I do understand why judges make the decisions they do. there not always fair and im not gonna argue with you.

You seem argumentative to me...
Oh and before you sling names know what you are talking about. I never said the judge was right. I said he or she sided with the cop and that is why you are so ticked at a `flawed system`. Either way you had to pay the fine and that is why you are so hostile on here.
And comparing a traffic ticket to rape and murder....please. Again get some perspective and learn a thing or two before you come on to these forums (newbie that you are) and try to come off like you know everything because no one knows everything...we could all stand to listen and learn from the ones we chose to. IMO you have nothing to offer or to teach anyone with the attitude you present.
not so new to town

zzontar wrote:
Ken7 wrote:

Or like when I had to explain to bikeguy that you can't ticket someone for passing on a single solid yellow line. He probably didn't like to hear he was wrong either. Bottom line... not all professional advice is going to be correct, but it really shouldn't be the citizen telling the cop how the law works, should it?

care to tell me why not? police dont know the law in and out, I got pulled over about a month ago, not only did i sit in my hummer for 1/2hr, I looked in my mirror to see that it took her nearly that amount of time to flip through her book...

police arent perfect.

they steal
they lie
they grow weed
they drink and drive.

and the list goes on, not that its every member....but. it happens an opinion is just that...oh wait wait wait....if this is you then you know who i am... but you and your wife used to leave your kid in the unit ALONE while you took your dog out side to *bleep* for 15-20 mins + at a time...good cop eh?

Return to “B.C.”