Alex Tsakumis Blog

OldIslander
Board Meister

Re: Alex Tsakumis Blog

Post by OldIslander »

He is an interesting guy.

One day in his blog, he'd be swearing like a drunken sailor and hinting at past sexual exploits -- the next -- being prudish about the gay parade. Almost every day in his blog, he'd threaten to beat the crap out of someone who'd offended him -- the next, on a tirade about the evils of the UFC. Now he's discarded his loyal blog followers like they were garbage -- without so much as a faretheewell. He's a hard guy to like. But clearly well connected... And the world absolutely needs '*bleep* disturbers'...

At least he's keeping himself busy, providing important, timely criticism on assorted youtube videos...

https://plus.google.com/113493476428281125276/posts
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

I'll second that flip flopping behaviour! I loved one day how he said in the 80s he used to snort tequila just to take the edge off the coke (paraphrased)....then another day he'd talk about how he nver touched drugs. No idea if the tequila comment was flippant or not - sure wasn't clear.

Thanks for the Youtube link....I'm sure that will be entertaining

Cheers
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Alex Tsakumis is Back …. in The Province.
May 29th, 2014 · 21 Comments

Alex is back … in print. The ground-breaking on-line blogger, investigative reporter and vox-populi is now being published in the The Province newspaper on Sundays.

And he tells me he still plans to return to blogging once his new site is ready: the old one hasn’t seen any action since January.
http://harveyoberfeld.ca/blog/alex-tsak ... -province/

VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

What a joke and a complete and utter liar!

From the blog talking about his return:
"And he tells me he still plans to return to blogging once his new site is ready: the old one hasn’t seen any action since January."

Well there is the huge lie. He said back in January that he was having issues with his old site because they were moving the blog content to the new site (which of course was said to be ready at the time).

So back in Januray he lied about the new site being ready OR he is now lying about his new site being ready - take your pick.

Way too little way to late AGT.

Lying to your readers gets you one thing - less readers

Cheers
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

As mentioned above, he is a hard guy to like for a variety of reasons. Yet his blog was highly popular – he was always bragging about (and probably grossly inflating) his numbers. Which makes the sudden and utter abandonment of the blog, so curious.

Maybe it was his failed foray into radio. He fancies himself a reincarnation of Jack Webster, even borrowing Webster’s tag line, “precisely at” such and such. He has the perfect voice for blogging – best not heard at all. The couple of times I listened to him, I found his growling voice, the long pauses to collect his thoughts, and long wandering diatribes, to be quite unbearable.

Some have hinted at legal problems – that he was forced to cease and desist, by threat of lawsuit or immanent charges of some kind. That’s hard to believe. I'll bet he had a personal ‘melt down’ – some kind of mid-life crises.

There is no doubt that he could be blogging again any time he wants, so what he's saying about waiting for a new blog format is likely BS. It's a shame he didn't have the nards to say 'so long' to his loyal followers and sycophants.

But also as mentioned above, there is an important place in this world for shite-disturbers. I hope he makes it back in some format – just not radio or God forbid – TV.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

OldIslander wrote: It's a shame he didn't have the nards to say 'so long' to his loyal followers and sycophants.

totally agree. he left his fans/followers in the lurch without a peep from him explaining what is going on with his blog. his repeated BS, "the blog will be up and running soon" or "the radio show will be operational soon" and "be patient, the radio show will be up soon" was just hype. according to harvey oberfeld, he said that tsakumis will be blogging soon.... lol... yeah we heard that before...

considering he is a right winger and he was critical of a right wing government, the facist BC liberals, I always found it amusing to throw that in the face of the loons from the right wing. the liberal sycophants and lap dogs hate that...made me smile! ;)
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Fat Alex is not a right winger. He's the same as Nab: profess on the internet that you're a righty, then spew far left BS from the closet door. People (well, people that can tie their own shoelaces) don't buy that kind of crapola very long before they tune out.

He's been stopped in his tracks by the law against defamation, no doubt. Good riddance, loser!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

*removed*
Last edited by Merry on Jun 6th, 2014, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

I don't find much to agree with him about,except his take on this government and Christy Clark ,he has that pegged.Will be interesting to see how he does writing for the Province news paper.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

For those who have missed his take on things ,and for those who hate him tuff!!

In the 1770s, the Queen consort of France was at the height of her popularity. Her beauty and charm were without equal and, being initially greeted with rapture reserved for worthy royalty, the euphoria was boundless.

Indeed, Marie Antoinette, at that point, could do no wrong.

Though, the bloom rather quickly abandoned the rose. Madame Déficit, as she was eventually known — for her profligate spending, despite desperate efforts at concealment — made it a habit of taking too long periods of time away from her subjects, who she clearly regarded with little respect. Lovely Marie only appeared when the cries from the bourgeoisie had reached a tremulous enough pitch.

I was reminded of this when Premier Christy Clark resurfaced recently from her 11th lengthy absence since being elected in May 2013 (you do the math, and decipher the message), to regale us with her understanding of the ever-festering sore that has become the dispute between her government and the public school teachers of B.C.

Well, it didn’t take long for moods to change. The public’s initial shock and anger at a woman who has been missing for several weeks while this dispute weeps for leadership on either side — preferring instead to address this major crisis from behind the warm, but thin, blanket of her Blackberry — soon turned to utter disbelief.

During her initial press conference on our educational crisis, as part of Clark’s typical talking points against the union (a narrative she birthed in 2002 when her war on public education really began), the premier bemoaned “unreasonable” teachers’ demands, that now included lucrative massage packages, $5,000 signing bonuses and salary increases “not in line” with the rest of the public service. Unfortunately, for the premier, she’d just mentioned three sticking points that were removed from the bargaining table by the B.C. Teachers’ Federation a week prior to her appearance.

Despite Clark’s painful lack of familiarity with her government’s most pressing file, she then put an exclamation point on her comments with a declaration that contradicted her minister of education. Clark’s “biggest priority” is to address class composition, a detail Education Minister Peter Fassbender told British Columbians not 72 hours earlier could be resolved “down the road.”

Makes you wonder if Clark and Fassbender actually talk. And the profundity of her breathtaking ignorance of the details wasn’t lost on others either, including members of her own caucus, some of whom, I’m told, are growing rather impatient with the Clark’s gaffes and long absences from work.

When Clark finally ended her statement, she repeated a mantra coined by her government to mischaracterize, by implication, much of the BCTF’s demands: “They have to be in the affordability zone.”

Interesting. Christy Clark, the B.C. Liberal leader, demanding affordability? This is a premier, who has helmed the single-fastest spike in our rising provincial total debt of $61 billion. Clark has added $5 billion per year to our debt load, for almost every year she’s been premier — almost $16 billion in total.

Her government paid half a billion dollars for a leaky, retractable roof over B.C. Place, formerly mired in litigation until, surprise, it was settled out of court for an undisclosed sum. This government also settled the Powerex shell-game with California, which victimized British Columbians to the tune of $750 million while insisting that the government admitted to “no wrongdoing,” all while a California judge’s rebuke included a review of “false exports” and unfair practices.

Add those to an expanding laundry list of close friends to the premier who have jobs in this government, providing them obscene compensation and meteoric increases in salaries and benefits, but we’ve no money for educating children?

Nothing provides a more sobering reality check to the Clark government’s prima facie disingenuity in claiming to need a settlement “as soon as possible” than the real reasons why late last week the premier emerged, once more, to tell of how sure she was that a settlement with teachers will be in place before she leaves on a trade mission to India that is set to begin Oct. 9.

Right. After both sides squandered the summer, the Clark government finally dropped the PR stunts by planted placard waivers and letters to editors by friends and relatives of insiders, looked at plunging internal party polling numbers and listened to the expanding circle of unhappy caucus members and finally capitulated to our current position: Mediator Vince Ready has been in monster sessions, for days, with the employer and the BCTF.

If this madness truly ends, you will know it had nothing to do with any leadership by this government, or canny strategic locus by union bosses. The premier just wasn’t quite ready to tell you to eat cake.

Alex Tsakumis is a B.C. political commentator.

Rate This
1172 93
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^On the front page of the Vancouver Province today.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/09/15 ... f-dispute/
Chill
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The premier just wasn’t quite ready to tell you to eat cake.

That was not possible Alex......you got to the cake first.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

if anyone cares.... he has restarted posting on his blog. the first one is dated Nov. 13th.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Logitack wrote:if anyone cares.... he has restarted posting on his blog. the first one is dated Nov. 13th.

Thank you
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

.....and if anyone cares.....site is gone (again) as of sometime in Feb. Did he keep going that long? or disappear again shortly after his re-appearance late last year?

Return to “B.C.”