Re: Alex Tsakumis Blog

Post by flamingfingers »

RW: Link?
Chill
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

FF - I know you generally keep up with AGT, had you heard anything ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

flamingfingers wrote:RW: Link?

Simply amazing how the queen of information suddenly has forgot "google is your friend". Here, I'll help you out with some alternate views on your prophet Alex. After reading some of the available info,and with some critical thinking, (not holding my breath) you should realize that prophet Alex is worse than any politician ever elected to office. He is nothing but a self serving slug pumping up the importance of his own self esteem by biliking the minions that actually thinks he has something real to reveal. The only thing he actually has acomplished however is a waistline paid for by the fools that read and support his blog.

Try googling "House of Infamy Alex Tsakumis". Then come back and explain to us how his soapbox is supporting his largess. We have after all been waiting for him to blow the roof off of the BC Rail scandal for what.....2 yrs now? That poop pile is long gone and the only maggot left scrounging for a morsel that isn't there is Alex. But go ahead, you and Maple, and keep hanging onto his tagline.........soon to be revealed. We'll all be on the wrong side of the grass before that ever happens.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company

I don't know rwede but has it ever crossed the left side of your brain that he might be the one that signs the front of paycheques vs the back like you did. Pretty hard to steal from yourself. You probably wouldn't understand though cuz if you were held up on the phone till 10 min past noon, you put in for 1/2 hr of double bubble cuz that's what your collective agreement said you could do. And Alex, so it must be right.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Looks like he called a Surrey councillor a "*bleep*". Now that's classy.

http://gangstersout.blogspot.ca/2014/01/alex-tsakumis-called-barinder-rasode.html
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

twobits wrote:Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company

I don't know rwede but has it ever crossed the left side of your brain that he might be the one that signs the front of paycheques vs the back like you did. Pretty hard to steal from yourself. You probably wouldn't understand though cuz if you were held up on the phone till 10 min past noon, you put in for 1/2 hr of double bubble cuz that's what your collective agreement said you could do. And Alex, so it must be right.

ROFLMAO - That was too funny.

And here I thought that signature was simply bragging about a personal work ethic, adopted from union mentors.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

twobits wrote:

Try googling "House of Infamy Alex Tsakumis".

I am open to getting another perspective on things so I took your suggestion.What comes up is many links from other bloggers and internet political junkies referring their readers to stories by Alex.I also searched within the House of infamy site for Alex Tsakumis and this is what comes up.Sounds like the only real people who have a problem with him are the righties that can't stand having their Princes exposed for who she really is.
Having said that ,I don't always agree with everything Alex Tsakumis says,just like every other person who writes an article,no matter who writes it ,weather the MSM or bloogers,or National news.I also don't discount the whole article based on one part or word I don't agree with.

Politics in the media age is rapidly descending into an issue free, image driven bunch of irrelevancy. Well, except for the fact that the results aren't irrelevant, because once the media annointed ONE assumes power, the same old behind the scenes elites continue to exert their control to get the results they desire - mainly profit for themselves, their associates, and they are of course clever enough to dispense enough crumbs to make it worthwhile for the media friendly face to play the role of governing, theoretically in the public interest.

Christy Clark is the most recent example of this tendency that was first exibited by the success of third rate actor, with the homey style, Ronnie Raygun who catapaulted a B movie and TeeVee host background into the oval office and was so successful that he is still considered by right wing whackos and the GOP faithful to be among the elite of presidents, to hell with Abraham Lincoln (the greatest and perhaps only decent RePuke excepting Ike and Teddy Roosevelt), Thomas Jefferson and the rest of the thirty five or more better and more effective presidents of the United States.

Once the political class realized how successful a famous name could be in fronting their agenda we've been innundated with "star candidates" like Peter Kent and successes (well successful campaigns, if not administrations) like Arnie the Guvernator and what we are faced with in British Columbia today - CKNW big mouth Christy Clark. I guess since so many folks pay so little attention to politics and actual issues, name recognition out of the gate is enough, and in Christy's case if you happen to be a young not un-attractive female - so much the better. Maybe this is why Sarah "Tundra Trailer Trash" Palin has been concentrating on her media presence since destroying John McShame's presidential hopes rather than actually studying the issues and/or trying to present a coherent policy package.

In the case of our un-elected premier, Crusty Cluck Cluck Clark, it is disturbing the degree to which it appears she seems to be continuing to conduct herself as a media personaltiy, even now that she is the highest elected official in poor abused AC (After Campbell) British Columbia. It apparently isn't enough that Christy inherits the largest news room and largest team of journalists(?), PR flacks and media monitors in North America*, the Public Affairs Bureau from her mentor and predecessor, but she is filling her administration with even more representatives of the lapdog inbred pack of liars that passes for media in our once fair province.

Blogger Alex Tsakumis, the Anti-Christy of the Bloggosphere, with whom I sometimes disagree on some issues does have a great knowledge of the media wasteland in BC and really lays out this outrageous state of affairs in a recent post - Premier Christy Clark’s Oath Omen; Her ‘Revenge First’ Agenda; and CTV Vancouver’s Credibility in Freefall. (Alex has the ability to compose titles longer than some blogger's posts at times - but the real meat comes below the extended title).

I recommend anyone interested in our Smile of the Day un-elected Families First Gal to check out Alex's piece at the link above. Here's a sample.......
Guess who Premier Clark’s new Deputy Communications Director is?

Rebecca Scott.

Don’t know her? Let me help. She is the immediate past producer of ‘The Bill Good Show’ (she just left). I know, I know, queue the maniacal laughter. But here’s where it gets interesting, and a CONFLICT! She is engaged to be married to Stephen Smart, formerly of CTV Vancouver and now the CBC Vancouver-Victoria Bureau Chief..../snip

Then CTV Vancouver’s Chris Olsen, who was clearly NOT ever ‘On Your Side’ but rather on Christy’s side, is her Communications Chief–Scott will report to him, you can bet on it; how cozy.

Add this to CTV Vancouver’s head bloviator Jim Beatty, who cherry-picked a narrow sliver of ‘Basi-Virk’ documents–that he erroneously claimed “exonerated” Clark, to release ONE WEEK prior to the BC Liberal leadership vote–and CTV alum Pamela Martin joining the Clark campaign, AND (!!!!) CTV alum Bill Good, Martin’s former co-talking-head playing the role of head cheerleader at CKNW through the campaign, and you get the idea…...../snip

There's lots more over at Alex's blog, so hie thee on over and see just how incestous and disingenous a web it is that passes for print and broadcast media in British Columbia, the jurisdiction that journalism forgot!

* The Public Affairs Bureau, created to monitor and manipulate BC public opinion on our own dime, following the example of Texas North (Alberta) just to our east who built one under King Ralph Klein is larger than the similar organization that serves the White House in the United States. In other words Barrack Obama has less than half the staff to manipulate the opinion of 350,000,000 Americans that the BC liaRs find necessary to keep about 4 million British Columbians dazed and confused. Mind you he inherited his information agency from the Bu$h/Cheney administration, who didn't really need one at all, thanks to Faux Snooze and Rusty Limpballs.

Click Here for More!
POSTED BY KOOTCOOT AT 1:51 PM 2 COMMENTS LINKS TO THIS POST
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

what is laughable coming from the uber right wing facist liberal backers is that tsakumis is a "conservative". he is actually one of THEM! lol

what is even more laughable, is the uber right wing facist liberal backers are supporting a liberal leader who is a federal liberal and despises the federal righties. how these uber right wing facist can in all good conscious support their federal political enemy is hilarious.

back to the topic, i note a couple weeks ago his web site went down stating his web site needed to be renewed. then it cam back after a day and everything was in working order. yesterday i noted his web site is again down, with the message his web site is "suspended". you gotta wonder what the hell is going on... conspiracy theories anyone?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I'm sure Mackin knows but he is not saying anything either. Interesting.
Chill
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Anyone check the local jails for a fat, bald mouthpiece with a massive ego and mullet to match?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 12th, 2014, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

Hi All,

Well I was fairly new (late 2013) to Alex's blog. I have to say that I initially liked what I was reading, but quickly saw the "It's OK if I berrate people, but not OK if they question me" mentality showing up. Always with the "be wells", but then to read the venom was getting a bit much....still I read as I wanted to hear an alternate view of events.

Now I am a programmer and system developer....have owned a company doing just that since 2001 (and previous companies back to 1995).

I can state with 100% certainty that the BS many readers here saw on Alex's blog in January 2014 about how wrong the blog move went was complete and utter BS. There is NO WAY you can't take the whole site down if it's horribly borked and put up a page that states what is going on. He says they got locked out of posting....more BS because when you move data, you move the data....not the blog....you don't touch the old site you are moving....you leave it where it is and move the data. Now you may lock out the ability to post so you don't miss any new data while moving it, but that is under your control.

As I said....worst case is you can put up a new home page to tell everyone what's up (i.e. good old fashioned under construction page from the late 90s). I e-mailed Alex to suggest that - no reply from Mr "I'm all about the people...it's your show"

Now there is one way you can get locked out and can't do anything about it - you have a falling out with your web host and they lock you out. Of course that's just speculation on my part......but that suspended page that is now in place makes one wonder...

So I've learned what I needed to out of this little blog blow up - Alex has no respect for his readers or he would have made some effort (like a mass e-mail to his subscribers or a post over at Makin's site....something) to let them now what's up.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

VicGeek wrote:Hi All,

Well I was fairly new (late 2013) to Alex's blog. I have to say that I initially liked what I was reading, but quickly saw the "It's OK if I berrate people, but not OK if they question me" mentality showing up. Always with the "be wells", but then to read the venom was getting a bit much....still I read as I wanted to hear an alternate view of events.

Now I am a programmer and system developer....have owned a company doing just that since 2001 (and previous companies back to 1995).

I can state with 100% certainty that the BS many readers here saw on Alex's blog in January 2014 about how wrong the blog move went was complete and utter BS. There is NO WAY you can't take the whole site down if it's horribly borked and put up a page that states what is going on. He says they got locked out of posting....more BS because when you move data, you move the data....not the blog....you don't touch the old site you are moving....you leave it where it is and move the data. Now you may lock out the ability to post so you don't miss any new data while moving it, but that is under your control.

As I said....worst case is you can put up a new home page to tell everyone what's up (i.e. good old fashioned under construction page from the late 90s). I e-mailed Alex to suggest that - no reply from Mr "I'm all about the people...it's your show"

Now there is one way you can get locked out and can't do anything about it - you have a falling out with your web host and they lock you out. Of course that's just speculation on my part......but that suspended page that is now in place makes one wonder...

So I've learned what I needed to out of this little blog blow up - Alex has no respect for his readers or he would have made some effort (like a mass e-mail to his subscribers or a post over at Makin's site....something) to let them now what's up.

You make some good points. Hard to disagree with anything you've said.

I haven't agreed with some of what Alex has said, but treasured the info he provided on under and un-reported topics.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Of course he reported on "un-reported" topics. It was just crap he made up, so it was never reported by other media.

I thought everyone knew that?

Thanks VicGeek for your insight, which goes a long way toward understanding just what kind of *bleep* AGT is. How people put any credence in Alex's baloney is beyond me. I guess PT Barnum was right.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

Thanks 5Cents...RWede....

To clarify....

I do think the MSM are bought and paid for by politicians and corporations....and I do think BC suffers from massive corruption and old boys club mentality.

I also think Mr AG took thnigs like the above that many folks feel and ran with it....always promising and never delivering the death blow to whomever he apparently has the goods on. He added his own spin to much of it.

That's why he was easy to beleive....because there are some grains of truth in there.

So with that said.....I don't beleive in name calling and all that drivel....I've read back and seen some rather vocal folks in this thread that cross the line IMHO. Just keep it clean and factual....don't be another Alex!

In my experience, those that drop to that level have no argument and no leg to stand on.....so over to the name calling they go to feel better about whatever their shortcoming is. Debate is good...school yard antics...well....make you look like you should still be in grade school ;-)

Return to “B.C.”