Alex Tsakumis Blog

Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Alex Tsakumis Blog

Post by Logitack »

tsakumis blog is live again, albeit no new posts.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Yippee. Was running out of toilet paper.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 4th, 2014, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
max avelli

Post by max avelli »

I bet AGT got a lawsuit filed against him for publicly calling someone a "*bleep*" and that he was ordered to stop blogging.

Explains all.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

There is only one *bleep* on that blog
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

Wow...truly mind blowing the way someone apparently versed in business (and I assume marketing) could let this website yo-yo nonsense continue with no attempt to explain what is going on (not that there is any excuse). All credibility has been lost and by coming back online and not saying anything....the hole that has been dug gets deeper.

Even if there is some big conspiracy and the baddies are out to get him - take to Twitter and make a statement.....none of the political baddies in Canada can lay claim to being able to block somenoe from posting on Twitter.

...but hey....it's "Your Show" folks

Have a nice day all!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

VicGeek wrote:Wow...truly mind blowing the way someone apparently versed in business (and I assume marketing) could let this website yo-yo nonsense continue with no attempt to explain what is going on (not that there is any excuse). All credibility has been lost and by coming back online and not saying anything....the hole that has been dug gets deeper.

Even if there is some big conspiracy and the baddies are out to get him - take to Twitter and make a statement.....none of the political baddies in Canada can lay claim to being able to block somenoe from posting on Twitter.

...but hey....it's "Your Show" folks

Have a nice day all!

Yes it does create a problem for him. I listened to his radio show when I could and I'm not a big fan of the Christy Liberals but it seems that he was overboard focusing on them alone.

He does have great sources. I was particularly interested in the story that was developing about the BC Ambulance Service, then all went silent.

It's sad that we have such a hole in our mainstream media. They basically attend photo ops and press conferences and regurgitate what is told to them.

The small markets like the Okanagan have never been much for good investigative journalism and what little there was is gone, but the big market of the lower mainland is a joke these days.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

Yep 5cents....there is definately bad things happening in BC politics, but I must say I no longer trust that Alex had any real sources. In my experience he never had any proof for the statements he made, but he sure made lots of statements as though they were fact - in the end it was only his word as he never did deliver the "proof" he claimed to have for many stories he wrote about.

It's disheartening to know there are problems and nobody is paying attention...but after watching an adult lady (who should know about having respect for others and knowing what rude means) play some friggin game on he phone while ordering her sub at Subway today. I see lots of people testing and ignoring people that are right in front of them....but she couldn't take her attention away from what was essentially Tetris for 1 second to actually acknowledge the people that were talking to her.

If that's where we are heading.....those that manipulate at the macro level have us all beat already becuse nobody will notice until it's too late (or their phone battery dies)

Chin up! ;-)

Cheers
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

VicGeek wrote:Yep 5cents....there is definately bad things happening in BC politics, but I must say I no longer trust that Alex had any real sources. In my experience he never had any proof for the statements he made, but he sure made lots of statements as though they were fact - in the end it was only his word as he never did deliver the "proof" he claimed to have for many stories he wrote about.

It's disheartening to know there are problems and nobody is paying attention...but after watching an adult lady (who should know about having respect for others and knowing what rude means) play some friggin game on he phone while ordering her sub at Subway today. I see lots of people testing and ignoring people that are right in front of them....but she couldn't take her attention away from what was essentially Tetris for 1 second to actually acknowledge the people that were talking to her.

If that's where we are heading.....those that manipulate at the macro level have us all beat already becuse nobody will notice until it's too late (or their phone battery dies)

Chin up! ;-)

Cheers

Well with respect to the BC Rail info, he provided copies of documents, including RCMP statements. I think the statements are still available on his web site. As for other statements he made, a lot were very damming and I'm sure if they weren't true he would have be the subject of a law suit.

I got the impression with some of his allegations he was daring the subject to sue, so he could prove in court he was right, because as you know, the defense to libel is proving that the statement was the truth.

If I was a politician and a blogger like him (educated, wealthy) introduced info about me that was true that I doubted he could prove, the question in my mind would be "he's got a lot to loose, I suspect he might have proof and wants to really hurt me publicly by proving the statement true in court, I better let him alone".
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

Well 5cents....I came to the blog AFTER he released whatever he released. For me it sticks in my mind that he claims to have a video or audio recording that is the smoking gun. I've aksed him why he hasn't released that tidbit and got some generic "lawyers" kind of answer.

In my mind - if you have proof that our government is breaking the law ina big way...you release it to every damn media outlet on the planet to ensure 2 things....

1) Your *bleep* is safe because it's public knowledge and those perpetrating the crime then have a hard time trying ot "get you"

2) You get the damn stuff in the spotlight and maybe something psotive will happen - like jail time for the criminals ;-)

Like I said....there was some good stuff...and I feel that was masking some BS from Mr. T

Cheers
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

you release it to every damn media outlet on the planet

Your naivety is very touching. When the media is controlled/owned by "friends of the government" like MOST media here in BC is and even large segments of national news outlets there is nothing more than a shrug and "move along folks, nothing to see here" and nothing more is reported.

If political news is not reported on and headlines are given to gangland shootings, cats up trees and lost dogs where is the GENERAL public expected to learn of government mismanagement and malfeasance?

While we still do have some 'investigative reporters' like Mackin, Johal and Shaw, the MSM cast them and Tsakumis, Yuile, Ross K, Farrell aside. And feed the general public on talking points from press releases from the ChristyLiberals "Family First" and the "Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" agenda.

Sickening.
Chill
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

my5cents wrote:Well with respect to the BC Rail info, he provided copies of documents, including RCMP statements.

You do realize he made those up, don't you? At least, I sure hope you do.

Are people more gullible than I think they are?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

You do realize he made those up, don't you? At least, I sure hope you do.

Proof? Naw, you don't have any.
Chill
VicGeek

Post by VicGeek »

Thanks flamingfingers....I'm glad you found my naivety so touching.

I certainly found your assumption about what is meant by "media outlet" to be...welll... antiquated ;-)

In 2014 one can put rather damning evidence online and let the masses run amok with it. Then it can take on a life of it's own and it WILL be seen and heard. Pretty sure a few countires have been freed from their dictators in just the same way....

If you had read back a few posts you'd see I am already aware that mainstream media in BC is not up to snuff.

Have a nice day
koolestcat

Post by koolestcat »

Just heard him earlier this week on NW and he was going on and on about Christy Clark again. As mentioned earlier he has such an obsession with her it probably ruined him when he should have taken on more subject matter.

At the end of the interview he said something about posting on his blog by the next day but of course there was no update. Not sure why the guy keeps on teasing when he should just tell the truth and say his is out of the blog business. There might be some truth the wh0re comment and a lawsuit. When I heard he publicly said that it sounded whacko and over the top. Regardless of what he thinks about the woman that kind of talk is uncalled for. The amazing part is that it sounded like the mayor of Surrey actually read the comment and liked it (temporarily).

Return to “B.C.”