5%
No Way!!
46%

Total votes: 112

rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Re: BC Hydro/Fortis BC Smart Meters

Post by rvrepairnut »

personally I like the smart meter. when away from home I can monitor my hydro and know exactly how much is being consumed each day and also can compare my consumtion to others in the same general area
this notion that the meter will cause brain damage and birth defect etc is pure BS hype
LordEd
Guru

Re: Take Back Your Power: An informative documentary

Post by LordEd »

NOTYOU wrote:Pick one...anyone...

OK.

http://www.emfsolutions.ca/?gclid=CMrPz ... fgodDT0AKw
The body of scientific evidence linking EMFs (Electric and Magnetic fields) to many adverse health conditions and diseases is very compelling.
The steady increase in EMF exposure in recent years has now been scientifically linked to many of today's “new-age” health problems, including nervous system disorders, sleep problems, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anxiety, headaches and others. EMF exposure is also being linked to many chronic diseases… including Alzheimer’s’ disease, Parkinson’s and ALS, and to many cancers.
Let us Help you Reduce your Exposure to Harmful EMFs by Measurable, Scientific Methods:
No evidence here. Just fearmongering so you will buy their services.

http://emfsafetynetwork.org/smart-meter ... omplaints/
The WHO classifies wireless radiation as a 2B carcinogen, based on studies linking cell phone radiation to brain tumors
Also on the 2B carcinogen list: Coffee. Where are the protests against Tim Hortons?
This category is used for agents, mixtures and exposure circumstances for which there is limited evidence of carcinogenicity in humans and l[b]ess than sufficient evidence]/b] of carcinogenicity in experimental animals
Translation: No solid evidence.

Actually, most of them seem to start by stating various effects are "scientifically proven". They start out assuming it is true, then brings the fear on to how it will harm you.

Care to bring commentary to your own links rather than just garbage dumping the headlines? Anything 'unique' in them? 2 of them have a cut/paste word-for-word mess about FCC standards in them.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

damama55 wrote:When you do, please, let us know. Perhaps your actual readings that you find, will help the doubters. I know my friends and I are letting everyone we know to be wary of the EMFs.
Pop quiz: What are the units of measure of EMFs? What scale of measure does the meter you intend to you use? What frequency does the intended meter measure?

if you can't answer these questions, why are you fearing a meter reading you don't understand?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

damama55 wrote:The Liberals lied again, and maybe the gadget that is talked about on that link, might be able to tell us why some of us are paying so high bills to Hydro.
Wait, you fear wireless signals, yet want to use a WiFi device? That would mean you have a wireless network sending CONSTANT wireless signals at the same frequency* as smart meters.

Why do you have a wireless network if it is "scientifically proven" to cause "nervous system disorders, sleep problems, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anxiety, headaches and others. Alzheimer’s’ disease, Parkinson’s and ALS, and many cancers".

* Some run at 2.4 GHz, some at 900MHz

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Just remember, human frequency is 8Hz. Smart meter - 2.4GHz.

Compatible? You decide.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Captain Awesome wrote:Just remember, human frequency is 8Hz. Smart meter - 2.4GHz.

Compatible? You decide.
Forgot about that "fact" somebody posted. If you repeat it enough, it becomes true, right?

Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

LordEd wrote:Wait, you fear wireless signals, yet want to use a WiFi device? That would mean you have a wireless network sending CONSTANT wireless signals at the same frequency* as smart meters.

Why do you have a wireless network if it is "scientifically proven" to cause "nervous system disorders, sleep problems, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, anxiety, headaches and others. Alzheimer’s’ disease, Parkinson’s and ALS, and many cancers".

* Some run at 2.4 GHz, some at 900MHz

I was just thinking the same thing, just someone complaining about something they know nothing about because someone told them it is bad.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Captain Awesome wrote:Just remember, human frequency is 8Hz. Smart meter - 2.4GHz.

Compatible? You decide.

This is a joke right?
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Yes. I would point you to the exact reference, but I believe it was banished to conspiracy, and I haven't asked for access to it yet.

Google says this is the link, but I can't verify http://forums5.castanet.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=225

underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

LordEd wrote:Yes. I would point you to the exact reference, but I believe it was banished to conspiracy, and I haven't asked for access to it yet.

Google says this is the link, but I can't verify http://forums5.castanet.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=225

Banished to conspiracy, and no Google cache of it.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Tori_K
Fledgling

Post by Tori_K »

underscore wrote:Banished to conspiracy, and no Google cache of it.

And good riddance to it - even Google could tell there wasn't anything there worth using space to store. The way this thread is moving it's going in that direction too. Heck... all the extra WiFi just from the Shaw Go wifi access points that are popping up everywhere almost certainly have more cumulative EMF discharged than what the smart meters will.

I'm not a fan of the utilities transitioning to time of use billing - but who in their right mind would be excited about paying more for the same thing. This was linked in the BC Hydro rate increase thread: http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/ ... epmt_5_6_a

The rates for our utilities I've seen tossed around for peak usage hours are still on the low end compared to all those values I see on that page. I'd be happy with some nice extra incentive packages to put in high efficiency natural gas or wood pellet heaters. It wouldn't take long for a switch from baseboard heaters to wood pellet to make its ROI especially when rates do rise.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

rvrepairnut wrote:personally I like the smart meter. when away from home I can monitor my hydro and know exactly how much is being consumed each day and also can compare my consumtion to others in the same general area
this notion that the meter will cause brain damage and birth defect etc is pure BS hype

I fully agree with you on having access to the smart meter.
It shows me what I have used and when and I get to review my bills and usage right back to when I moved in.
All useful info in keeping my costs down.
The current discussion made me do some research into what I currently use and I have made a change in how my furnace operates now. Rather than waiting until +4 to switch to gas I now switch at +7.
May not sound like much - but I think I will save money on elec and use gas which is a better quality heat as far as I am concerned.

The WIFI signals from the smart meter are the least of my concern.
I happened to be in Vernon this morning getting my truck serviced. Since I brought my tablet with me, I sat down in the dealership and connected to the open free WIFI they have there.

Then I opened the app I have to see all of the WIFI signals that I could see.
At least 12 different WIFI signals at various strength levels were present and only 2 of those were from the dealership.
We were all really surprised at the number of signals.

So the short bursts of WIFI from the smart meters are the least of anyone's concerns.
If all of the people whining about the smart meter signals did actual research into the signals around them, there would probably be a lot less discussion about the smart meters.

NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.

Return to “B.C.”