The Dix Regime- What I'd like to do but aren't going to do

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Dix Regime- What I'd like to do but aren't going to

Post by Rwede »

Tax those greedy high income earners like they did during the 1990s. You know, folks over $30,000 a year...
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Give it up Richard, you are swimming against the tide and few who are really tuned in are even listening to that ancient and out of date crap any more....

More British Columbians disapprove than approve of Christy Clark’s job performance, for the first time since the B.C. Liberal leader became premier nine months ago, a new poll has found.

The survey by Angus Reid Public Opinion also suggests that Clark trails NDP leader Adrian Dix for the first time in approval ratings.

Forty per cent of British Columbians approve of Clark’s performance compared to 51 per cent who disapprove, with nine per cent undecided, according to the poll.

Forty-seven per cent of British Columbians approve of opposition leader Dix’s performance compared to 35 per cent who disapprove, with 18 per cent undecided, the survey found.

Angus Reid vice-president Mario Canseco said the survey throws into question the earlier assumption that Clark has a personal appeal that Dix lacks.

“What’s fascinating is that the undecideds are breaking into the approval category for Adrian Dix,” said Canseco.

“And the problem for Christy now is that for the first time since she took over, her level of disapproval is over 50 per cent.”

http://www.vancouversun.com/Christy+Cla ... story.html
Last edited by NAB on Dec 19th, 2011, 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

RE: Snookie's popularity:

to 51 per cent who disapprove

I am happy to say I was ALWAYS in this group. Her time is up. She is useless and an embarrassment to competent and intelligent women. Let her go back to open mouth radio shows where Bill (not) so Good will provide comfort.
Chill
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Consider this: when the Liberals came into power in 2001, the provincial debt stood at $33.8-billion. In 2011, it was estimated to be $45.2-billion. And we know it is only going to keep growing between now and at least 2013, if not longer.

This is not the kind of record that a party that prides itself on responsible fiscal management wants with an election 17 months in the offing. And yet, the provincial New Democratic Party has been strangely silent on the debt issue.

Silent! How about deathly afraid.

Pretty funny to see the NDP in a position to take the wheel with a $45 billion plus deficit. That's got to be like losing your virginity on your grandmothers bed.

And maybe that’s why the NDP has not said much publicly about the province’s soaring debt levels under the Liberals – because the party knows it had a worse record on that front when it was in office.

When the NDP assumed power in 1991, the B.C. provincial debt was $17-billion. When it got kicked out in 2001, it was nearly $34-billion. The NDP doubled it.

Hi. My name is Adrian Dix. The last time my party was in power we doubled the deficit. My nemeses the Liberal party piled on another $11 billion. I stand here in front of you today and don't even want to talk to you about what we are going to do if we are unlucky enough to be voted into a majority government.

:dyinglaughing:
Not afraid to say "It".
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Trouble is, that 11 billion is but the tip of the iceberg. So much debt and liability is hidden. Last estimates had us committed to 60 billion plus, and still growing! Even then, much of the debt these guys inherited was downloaded on us by Paul Martin.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

I'll gladly give you the $60 billion.

How come nobody wants to do anything about the elephant in the room?

How come it's always Christy this or Dix that? How come the electorate isn't demanding a deficit reduction, cuts to services, increased taxes?

If Dix took the podium and said that his party would reduce the deficit by $15 billion it would be a good reason to vote for him.

Guess pimping our grandkids is easier.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Adrian Dix wrote:"What we have is a government that changes its mind all the time, and is incoherent, and maybe that's the most effective way to deal with Mr. Harper. But I don't think so,"

You're next Adrian.
Not afraid to say "It".
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

What Dix is doing is adopting good ole fashioned Tommy Douglas policy.
Tommy worked on priorities and kept them to no more than half a dozen.
He did the most unpopular first and followed with three or four real good
ones and went to the polls.
The NDP is demonstrating they understand how the system works and it
is fiscally prudent to do a priority list and get it right. Current Liberal
policy, throw jello at the wall and hope something sticks. That is why
Christi Crunch is at 23% tied with the provincial Tories.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

logicalview wrote:Image
Adrian Dix - leader of the ndp wrote:"What I'm going to proceed to do before the election is tell people not just what I'm going to do, but what I'd like to do but aren't going to do in the first four years."

Adrian, can you say that with less slither please?

Adrian Dix - leader of the ndp wrote:"We're going to say what we're going to do. We're going to do bold things, but we're going to be modest about what we can do in a four-year term and we're going to say how we're going to pay for things." Adrian Dix said

Thud.

How are you going to pay for things? Tell me that you are going to tax greedy corporations!

Adrian Dix - leader of the ndp wrote:"We're going to roll back the corporate income tax rate connected to the carbon tax to 2008 levels so we will have money to invest in issues of public transit, retrofitting of public buildings, in supporting rural communities and in fighting inequality," Adrian Dix said.

Decrease income taxes for corrupt corporations? Have you lost your mind Adrian Dix?
ImageImage

Wait a minute. You are going to decrease corporate income taxes and invest that money on things like fighting "inequality", buses, government offices and timbucktoo?

Adrian Dix - leader of the ndp wrote:"We will do that because this is the right thing to do."

Shouldn't you be saying that you are going to tax those badass corporations till they bleed and spend that money on poor children, teachers, unions and families? Oh, OK so you're committed then. Now don't do a flip flop on us now.

He spoke of increasing access to public education (more taxes), of increasing employment standards (more taxes)and of severely restricting the export of raw logs (less jobs and tax revenue ).

He trumpeted the idea of buy local policies (only works when the service can be had at the same or less cost), and underscored the importance of environmental sustainability (nobody knows what that really means - but it sounds sexy).

Target briefly acquired.

Actually if you do not know what environmental sustainability means you really are part of he problem!
Rollback in this case means that the taxes will go up. This is not Walmart.
So you have a problem with a government that comes in and tells us what it is going to do and how it will pay for it? Now we understand why you vote Liberal.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Is it better to have someone that says little or nothing, Dix and the NDP, or someone that constantly lies to you (HST, BC rail, blah, blah, blah)like Christy and the Liberals. As far as I'm concerned the Liberals might just as well shut up and go away because you can't believe a thing they say anyway.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C.”