BC man drives hundreds of kilometres after wife dies in car

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

BC man drives hundreds of kilometres after wife dies in car

Post by oneh2obabe »

The Associated Press | The Canadian Press

TONASKET, Wash. - U.S. authorities say a British Columbia man drove about 360 kilometres towards Canada after his 75-year-old wife died in the car next to him, uncertain whether he could cross the border with her.

Police Chief Robert Burks, in Tonasket, Wash., says the 71-year-old Oliver man didn't know what to do, so he kept driving.

The man and his wife were driving home from their vacation in Oregon on Sunday when she began suffering a medical condition and died near Pasco, Wash.

The Wenatchee World reports the man called the vehicle emergency system, OnStar, which put him in touch with dispatchers in Okanogan County.

A dispatcher convinced the man to stop at a police station, about 32 kilometres south of the border.

Burks says the woman was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead, and police determined the death wasn't suspicious.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: BC man drives hundreds of kilometres after wife dies in

Post by Queen K »

This is the saddest story I've read in a long time.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Poor fella. I can understand the feeling of not knowing what to do under the circumstances.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
barnstorm55
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by barnstorm55 »

Such a sad story. I can just feel the old gents fear and confusion. He's just lost the love of his life and doesn't know where to turn.
Spelling? Grammar? Dilligaf? Mmmmmmmm...Turkey water.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

A very sad story just before Christmas...
TyrianQuill
Board Meister

Post by TyrianQuill »

I can assure you that “that scenario” has happened before and will happen again; and I can also assure you that what he went through and will go through afterwards is worse ... than you can imagine.
My heart goes out to him ♥

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place (George Bernard Shaw)
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Wishin I could give the guy a hug. I really hope the authorities In Washinton State handled this in a compassionate manner and not as a potential crime scene first.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “B.C.”