Teen girl dies of ecstasy overdose

NoComply
Board Meister

Re: Teen girl dies of ecstasy overdose

Post by NoComply »

Do you think you can stop people from taking these drugs? It's too easy to make them and they cut it with dangerous chemicals to give it more kick. If you legalized it for recreational use, then criminals no longer make money off it cause they can't sell it as cheaply as the drugstore. It also is not mixed with other drugs. People can make all kinds of choices about their health and lifestyle, who are you to judge the ecstasy user if you weight 400lbs. Drug dealers will sell to kids, you think your pharmacist is going to? Sure they will still get a hold of it from irresponsible parents but they can do that with alcohol.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Pretty simplistic that. Surely you don't think that illicit drug dealers and their poisons are just going to go away because the little pills are now available through a pharmacist , but only to adults (19 plus), and of "safe" dosage of whatever, as well as presumably through a doctor's prescription (that's what pharmacists do)? Those users under 19 will still provide the illicit market for the bulk of the traffic, including the "boosted" or laced killer products we are seeing. Most adults (at least those with any functional brain matter left) don't play such Russian Roulette with illicit drugs that can and do kill or destroy lives in other ways anyway.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm going to say that last sentence can't hold up as true Nab. If one adds up what certain markets are worth today,
say, meth, cocaine and all it's derivatives, pot, alcohol, herion, and others of their ilk, we are constantly told the cartels are taking in "billions and billions". I'd put forward that most of that money flow is from the over 19 crowd.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Queen K wrote:I'm going to say that last sentence can't hold up as true Nab. If one adds up what certain markets are worth today,
say, meth, cocaine and all it's derivatives, pot, alcohol, herion, and others of their ilk, we are constantly told the cartels are taking in "billions and billions". I'd put forward that most of that money flow is from the over 19 crowd.

Either that or allowances have gotten out of hand and McDonald's is overpaying.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
NoComply
Board Meister

Post by NoComply »

It's simple economics. I'm sorry that you haven't seen how it would work. You want to pretend like people are being good little boys and girls all the time go ahead but I refuse. Drug dealers do not ID, sure undercutting them won't make them go away but their profit margins will drop to nothing. The reason they can do it now is because illegal drugs are easily worthwhile to make since the price is inflated. A drug company could make ecstasy pills for very cheap(They have mass amounts of the chemicals criminals can't get a hold of easily). Once you've undercut the dealers, they can no longer afford to compete against the pharmacy. So there are two possibilities here. Either you acknowledge that people take these pills recreationally and decide to keep them safe, or you pretend they aren't cause it's bad and you don't protect your children. A child does not need much encouragement to try a drug, you are willing to risk a child's life because you are living a dreamworld where everyone holds hands and no one does drugs. Someone should take off their DENIAL sunglasses.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Queen K wrote:I'm going to say that last sentence can't hold up as true Nab. If one adds up what certain markets are worth today,

Sorry Queen, but I did qualify my assertion with "at least those who have any functional brain matter left" ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

NoComply wrote:It's simple economics. I'm sorry that you haven't seen how it would work. You want to pretend like people are being good little boys and girls all the time go ahead but I refuse. Drug dealers do not ID, sure undercutting them won't make them go away but their profit margins will drop to nothing. The reason they can do it now is because illegal drugs are easily worthwhile to make since the price is inflated. A drug company could make ecstasy pills for very cheap(They have mass amounts of the chemicals criminals can't get a hold of easily). Once you've undercut the dealers, they can no longer afford to compete against the pharmacy. So there are two possibilities here. Either you acknowledge that people take these pills recreationally and decide to keep them safe, or you pretend they aren't cause it's bad and you don't protect your children. A child does not need much encouragement to try a drug, you are willing to risk a child's life because you are living a dreamworld where everyone holds hands and no one does drugs. Someone should take off their DENIAL sunglasses.

Sorry NoComply, I see very clearly how it WON'T work in the real world we live in, not the dreamworld so many who experiment with this stuff apparently do. And it is NOT "simple economics". No denial here however, I fully realize that a certain segment of society young or older will continue to play with fire on all fronts, and many of them will continue to die long before their natural time because of it. There is no way legalization and control through the big pharma system will ever prevent that, or even make a dent in the illegal activity that produces it. Ya spin your cylinder, take your chances, and pull the trigger. If you die or are turned into a vegetable as a result, no one's fault but ur own. We just get to bury or look after what's left - no real loss anyway IMO, perhaps even a lot to gain.

Nab
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

NAB wrote:
Sorry NoComply, I see very clearly how it WON'T work in the real world we live in, not the dreamworld so many who experiment with this stuff apparently do. And it is NOT "simple economics". No denial here however, I fully realize that a certain segment of society young or older will continue to play with fire on all fronts, and many of them will continue to die long before their natural time because of it. There is no way legalization and control through the big pharma system will ever prevent that, or even make a dent in the illegal activity that produces it. Ya spin your cylinder, take your chances, and pull the trigger. If you die or are turned into a vegetable as a result, no one's fault but ur own. We just get to bury or look after what's left - no real loss anyway IMO, perhaps even a lot to gain.

Nab

What vices do you enjoy in your leisure time? Dont lie and say you dont have any.
Do you really believe what your saying?
How will it not work in the real world?
How can you say that if big phrama system will prevent, or make a dent in illegal activity? When it did with the alcohol industry.
Everyday people play with fire legal substances, such as tobacco, and alcohol.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

NAB wrote:Pretty simplistic that. Surely you don't think that illicit drug dealers and their poisons are just going to go away because the little pills are now available through a pharmacist , but only to adults (19 plus), and of "safe" dosage of whatever, as well as presumably through a doctor's prescription (that's what pharmacists do)? Those users under 19 will still provide the illicit market for the bulk of the traffic, including the "boosted" or laced killer products we are seeing. Most adults (at least those with any functional brain matter left) don't play such Russian Roulette with illicit drugs that can and do kill or destroy lives in other ways anyway.

Nab

Thanks Nab, at least you get it!
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

He doesn't get it neither do you. It's people like you with your backwards thinking, thats holding society back
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Gixxer wrote:
NAB wrote:

Nab

What vices do you enjoy in your leisure time? Dont lie and say you dont have any.
Do you really believe what your saying?
How will it not work in the real world?
How can you say that if big phrama system will prevent, or make a dent in illegal activity? When it did with the alcohol industry.
Everyday people play with fire legal substances, such as tobacco, and alcohol.

Sure, I have my vices to some lesser or larger degree much like most people do, and they are my own personal back of rocks to carry and no one elses business really unless I invite someone to help me carry it and they agree to. But as to the rest of your questions, I am well aware of how the big pharma and chemical indistries work since I have been involved with them personally for many many years, indeed an entire career to retirement - even have family working professionally many years and expert in that sector all the way from manufacturing, distribution, and supply to the retail level - ...and whom I would sooner take the advise of than from someone at street level who is just speculating as to how it works in an effort to gain support and help filling and carrying their own bag of rocks.

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Gixxer wrote:He doesn't get it neither do you. It's people like you with your backwards thinking, thats holding society back

Oh, I "get it" rather well I think Gixxer, mainly because illicit drugs are not a part of my personal or family bag of rocks yet I come in contact with so many who's bags do contain them. I never have been and never will be either a user or one who makes money off of users. And if your world view of a future liberalized society is what it appears to be from these threads, then I am quite happy that I won't be around to have to be a part of it and the grief it will produce, or even have to help pay the bills associated with it.

Nab
Last edited by NAB on Jan 14th, 2012, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Nab[/quote]

Sure, I have my vices to some lesser or larger degree much like most people do, and they are my own personal back of rocks to carry and no one elses business really unless I invite someone to help me carry it and they agree to. But as to the rest of your questions, I am well aware of how the big pharma and chemical indistries work since I have been involved with them personally for many many years, indeed an entire career to retirement - even have family working professionally many years and expert in that sector all the way from manufacturing, distribution, and supply to the retail level - ...and whom I would sooner take the advise of than from someone at street level who is just speculating as to how it works in an effort to gain support and help filling and carrying their own bag of rocks.

Nab[/quote]

Too funny, another B.S. answer with a bunch of fillerbustering, lies, and old cliche quotes. :dyinglaughing: 2/10
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Well, as the saying goes, "blow your brains out". Personally I couldn't care less if you do but there are usually some who might care, at least for an hour or two. Sorry I was unable to reduce the standard of my dialogue low enough for you, but to call me a liar when I have absolutely no reason to not tell the truth is a pretty weak shot, particularly when you have simply run out of live ammunition and are simply shooting blanks or are currently on an empty chamber.

Nab
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

NAB wrote:Well, as the saying goes, "blow your brains out". Personally I couldn't care less if you do but there are usually some who might care, at least for an hour or two. Sorry I was unable to reduce the standard of my dialogue low enough for you, but to call me a liar when I have absolutely no reason to not tell the truth is a pretty weak shot, particularly when you have simply run out of live ammunition and are simply shooting blanks or are currently on an empty chamber.

Nab

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Return to “B.C.”