Attack ad launched targeting Adrian Dix

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: Attack ad launched targeting Adrian Dix

Post by NAB »

mrs.bandaid wrote:Desperate times call for desperate measures. What do you expect from the most corrupt government we have had in B.C.
Yeah yeah Mr. Weibe, I know, it is all the fault of the yes voters. Rose colored classes for everyone.

Perhaps a lot of this attack stuff is simply diversion from what is really in the cards? Whenever we start talking about the economy, and particularly what and where there are opportunities to reduce government spending (and I mean REDUCE, not merely hold the line or worse yet just slow the rate of increases) typically the public draws the line at touching anything associated with those two universal sacred cows - education and health care.

...perhaps it is long overdue for a change of thinking on the part of both government and the public as to their hands off economic approach to those sacred cows upon which the major part of our tax revenues are spent feeding. But much easier I guess to prattle on with politically motivated attacks than to go to work and have constructive dialogue about sensitive issues and reality..... and what to do about them. Does anyone truly realize the magnitude and potential unrest these idiotic provocations are going to contribute to this year? There's something like 65,000 public sector employees affected, and approximately 85% of them are looking for new contracts THIS YEAR! I would think the Liberals better be very very careful when poking sticks into that hornets nest, particularly when those sticks are attack ads based on spin that is largely untrue - and most people know it.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

logicalview wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:There is no way that dickie can credibly refute what Shreck has posted.

Contrarian View

First let's look at something simple - BC Disposable Income (BC Stats):

BC Disposable Income/Capita 1990:
(Chained to 2002 dollars) Socred Gov't
$28,271

BC Disposable Income/Capita 1996:
(Chained to 2002 Dollars) NDP Gov't
$26,282 (Shrunk~$2,000/capita from Socreds)

BC Disposable Income/Capita 2000:
(Chained to 2002 Dollars) NDP Gov't
$27,726 (Shrunk~$500/capita from 10 years earlier)

BTW, BC Disposable Income/Capita 2008:
(Chained to 2002 Dollars) Lib Gov't
$32,834 (INCREASED by over $5,100 since the NDP left government!!!!)

Don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out. BC was one of highest taxed regimes in North America at the time. IIRC, have-not Quebec took the crown.

--------------------------------------
David Schreck says:

"In order to be effective, negative ads need to be rooted in some verifiable facts. Not only can nothing be verified in Clark's ads, but the claims can be shown to be false."
---------------------------------------

Alrighty. Unless one views the Chartered Accountants of BC as some sort of conspiracy mob (and many conspiracy theorists on this site), they themselves have corroborated the content of the anti-Dix ads:

From the CA's own 1999 report entitled "BC-Check-Up":

1. "B.C. recorded a net loss of 21,000 people to other provinces in 1998. Indeed, with strong growth and lower taxes in other provinces, some commentators have referred to a provincial brain-drain."

2. "Conditions for investing and doing business in B.C. have deteriorated since 1987. Real per capita GDP has declined, and capital investment, while higher than 1987, has been declining since 1992." (when NDP became guvmint)

3. "Compared to Ontario, Alberta, and the Canadian average, B.C. is last in real GDP per capita for the period 1992-1997. B.C. also trails the other two provinces in real per capita income"

4. "B.C. has the highest unemployment."

5. "A negative factor is real per capita incomes. After peaking in 1989, take-home pay has declined by 11%."

6. "Also, since 1987, real direct taxes have increased by 28% while real per capita income increased by just 2.2%"

7. "B.C. has averaged a 0.8% annual decline in per capita GDP since 1989, while nationally, per capita GDP rose an average of 0.9%. As a result, B.C. has fallen from 5% above the Canadian average in real per capita GDP to 5% below."

http://www.bccheckup.com/pdfs/bccheckup_1999.pdf

If that's not damning, I don't know what is.

No it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that disposable income levels here look good on paper but when you really look at it, that disposable income compared to 12 years ago now has to cover all the Liberal fees and increases in just about everything.You have the carbon tax,higher insurance now that the Liberal government stole all the surplus,to pay for their botched policies.Then higher power to pay for the unnecessary ipp projects ,to pay for the lucrative contract singed and will cover the next 30-40 years.Then the billions that hydro has put into the deferral accounts to which we will be paying off for generation.Then higher msp premiums,along with just about everything is higher.So that disposable income is probably further behind than it was 12 years ago.It has been shown over and over again that the gap is ever increasing between the rich and the poor,soon there will be no middle class,just poor and rich.

As to your article from 1999,no one disputes that some people left the province and some came and we ended up with more leaving than coming.But no one can prove that the reason the ones that left, were because of the government,so that is a false unsubstantiated statement to make that droves of people left the province because of the government.As to the rest of it, to bad that the numbers don't compare to the Liberals since the NDP years,then you might have something.the article does not prove what Schreck has shown as misleading false statements.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

NAB wrote:
mrs.bandaid wrote:Desperate times call for desperate measures. What do you expect from the most corrupt government we have had in B.C.
Yeah yeah Mr. Weibe, I know, it is all the fault of the yes voters. Rose colored classes for everyone.

Perhaps a lot of this attack stuff is simply diversion from what is really in the cards? Whenever we start talking about the economy, and particularly what and where there are opportunities to reduce government spending (and I mean REDUCE, not merely hold the line or worse yet just slow the rate of increases) typically the public draws the line at touching anything associated with those two universal sacred cows - education and health care.

...perhaps it is long overdue for a change of thinking on the part of both government and the public as to their hands off economic approach to those sacred cows upon which the major part of our tax revenues are spent feeding. But much easier I guess to prattle on with politically motivated attacks than to go to work and have constructive dialogue about sensitive issues and reality..... and what to do about them. Does anyone truly realize the magnitude and potential unrest these idiotic provocations are going to contribute to this year? There's something like 65,000 public sector employees affected, and approximately 85% of them are looking for new contracts THIS YEAR! I would think the Liberals better be very very careful when poking sticks into that hornets nest, particularly when those sticks are attack ads based on spin that is largely untrue - and most people know it.

Nab

Wouldn't it be nice if they lead by example. a few years back Gordo and his gang of pirates legislated themselves hugh raises stating that it took good money to attract good people. In the years that followed the well had run dry and now they scream poverty. The last people whom you will see suffering will be the politicians. Not only the liberals but the NDP, the Greens and whoever else is in office. They happily feed from the trough and throw loonies at the little people. Time for a good purge on all sides.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “B.C.”