Buddha of the Board

BC Liberals shaking.

Post by flamingfingers »

B-C Liberal Party shakeup

VANCOUVER/CKNW AM980
Devon Taylor | Email news tips to [email protected]
3/5/2012
A shake-up in the BC Liberal Party.

Details are slim, but several staffers have been fired, apparently without cause.

A number of others have been moved around.

CKNW has learned the move is raising eyebrows, as it's unusual to make ministerial staff changes this close to the end of the fiscal year.

One employee let go is considered a Christy Clark loyalist, who worked on her leadership campaign.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLo ... ID=1664544
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: BC Liberals shaking.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This is the perfect time to make ministerial changes - it's the end of the budget year. If you are going to let someone go, and they are owed a lot of vacation time and severance due to long service, you let them go in March. Once again, the media is stirring up crap and basically spinning things to make the Liberals look bad. They don't need things to be spun, they are bad enough without the media tacking on lies as well. I guess they won't be happy until Comrade Dix is fully in charge, taking us even further down the toilet.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

I actually see this as a positive and not a negative. By all accounts Christy Clark hired a bunch of friends, loyalists and insiders after becoming Premier. Lot’s of deadwood and what have they done? As long as there are mass firings in the Premier’s office that are not followed up by mass re-hiring’s of more of the same I say good on her. Let’s hope that Pamela Martin was sent packing….
Back with a vengeance
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I like it how you put "shaking" in the title as opposed to "shake up".
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

From A Tsakumis:

Christy has fired Judy McCallum who was in scheduling and survived 7 premiers.
Christine Lewis was a CC loyalist; she was assistant to the director of caucus operations and also a single mom to a special needs kid.

Families first! Oh yeah!
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Tsakumis is obsessed with the Liberals, isn't he? Reminds me of a few posters on here.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

More than just a few. Obsessed with either supporting them or obsessed with opposing them depending on who's pockets are getting greased (or not). Doesn't seem to be much middle ground left in BC society any more does there?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Well, when you are afflicted by a party that does not respect honor, integrity or dedication to the people who have put them in a position whereby they are entrusted to administer the affairs of a beautiful, bountiful province to the benefit of the province and the electorate and instead use the their mandate to siphon the rewards of selling of assets and hiking fees (HST, Hydro, ICBC BC Ferries, and commitments to IPPs) to friends, associates, power groups, directors, blah, blah, you SHOULD have some sort of interest in the events of the day.

For sure, I am NOT afraid of having the NDP win the next election; I am not afraid of the Conservatives winning the next election. I am in TERROR of the Liberals winning the next election.
Chill
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Urbane wrote:Tsakumis is obsessed with the Liberals, isn't he? Reminds me of a few posters on here.

he is also a conservative. i love it when a conservative sticks it to other conservatives, especially sticking it to the corrupt variety.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Having taken a look around the headlines this evening, it seems rather odd to me that a story leader almost a day old now hasn't been updated with some detail. Is the media asleep at the switch, is the government keeping it under wraps, or is it possibly not a big enough deal that it is worth reporting on?

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Is the media asleep at the switch, is the government keeping it under wraps,

Yes, as they have been for the past decade.

Yes, because it is embarrassing them all.
Chill
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Urbane wrote:Tsakumis is obsessed with the Liberals, isn't he? Reminds me of a few posters on here.

Yes and you can bet money on which ones will readily provide a Tsakumis link. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

I just worry about some of these posters mental health...

Can't be normal to be spouting that much hate.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Captain Awesome wrote:Can't be normal to be spouting that much hate.

have you been reading the teacher threads? lol
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Logitack wrote:have you been reading the teacher threads? lol

It's mostly political topics that bring out these abnormal reactions.

Especially once people start to use extra-large fonts and multiple exclamation marks - that's when you know their little vein is pumping extra hard.

Return to “B.C.”