Another BAD BC court judgement

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Another BAD BC court judgement

Post by GordonH »

(quote="hockeyfan1970" ticat900 you may what read the following pay special attention to #12.
http://www.provincialcourt.bc.ca/judgme ... 2_0078.htm)

ticat900 wrote: interesting reading but they did get a warrent for seizure.Your arguing for these scum bags does the people of this province no good at all.
these are very very bad people and need to be put in jail
I amnot a cop lover but in this case this judge is wrong and the cops had every right to do exactly as they did and i would exspect no less

Nope, check your PM
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Amarow121 wrote:I'm sorry but telling officers that they need to FOLLOW THE LAW while conducting their job is not unreasonable.
This was a correct judgement on the judges part.

Officers need to follow the law.

Agreed.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

(quote="Amarow121" I'm sorry but telling officers that they need to FOLLOW THE LAW while conducting their job is not unreasonable.
This was a correct judgement on the judges part.

Officers need to follow the law.)

Static wrote: Agreed.

I second this agree.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Perfect example why no violent gangsters will ever see the inside of a jail cell with the Conservative "tough on crime" laws. Doesn't matter if they bring in 100 year minimum jail sentences because the expensive defense attorneys get them off on technicalities.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

goalie wrote:Perfect example why no violent gangsters will ever see the inside of a jail cell with the Conservative "tough on crime" laws. Doesn't matter if they bring in 100 year minimum jail sentences because the expensive defense attorneys get them off on technicalities.

Not really if the Police did there job properly. In this case obtain a search warrant the outcome would have been different.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

goalie wrote:Perfect example why no violent gangsters will ever see the inside of a jail cell with the Conservative "tough on crime" laws. Doesn't matter if they bring in 100 year minimum jail sentences because the expensive defense attorneys get them off on technicalities.

The current search and seizure sections of the Firearms Act were brought into existence by the Federal Liberals.

The current search and seizure sections of the Charter were brought into existence by the Federal Liberals.

Wanna try your argument again?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

[
Not really if the Police did there job properly. In this case obtain a search warrant the outcome would have been different.[/quote]
They did receive a search warrent?? they went in without a warrent ,found the stuff, got a warrent and went back and seized the guns
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ticat900 wrote:[
Not really if the Police did there job properly. In this case obtain a search warrant the outcome would have been different.

They did receive a search warrent?? they went in without a warrent ,found the stuff, got a warrent and went back and seized the guns[/quote]

Sorry warrant first then search, not the other way around.

Interesting so you would be Okay with Police to enter your home look around leave, come back with search warrant later.

(By the way check your PM box)
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Based on what I read in the Province article I agree with the judges ruling. Gotta play by the rules.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Polywog
Fledgling

Post by Polywog »

KL3-Something wrote:Based on what I read in the Province article I agree with the judges ruling. Gotta play by the rules.

What if the rules are wrong? Such as knocking before entering a Heroin safe house, so they have time to drop it in acid?

JUDICIAL DECISION

What if the bungling of the arrest could have been knowingly prevented but wasn't......are those the rules referred to here?

"And he said both issues amounted to "serious collective carelessness by the police officers involved."

POLICE DECISION

Is this what you are avoiding when declaring to others reading as an authority, suggesting you read it over and it's all about the rules..?

I would suggest both groups, Judicial and Police, are playing the population for fools. If one does not drop the ball, the other does, and they play at assuming dissatisfaction with the other.

It's a show...and it has clever supporters.
Polywog
Fledgling

Post by Polywog »

I would suggest, best evidence that it is a show, is they are not immediately fired....like in the real world.

You know, how the actors never die....it is all staged...
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

This topic has been dormant for a while...

Here's an interesting decision that was reversed on appeal. What is with these judges ?

A “very wealthy” Chinese national who only claimed $710 in purchases but brought back $57,000 in luxury goods from Hermes in Las Vegas has been convicted and fined following a Crown appeal.

Xiaochen Zhao, a University of Victoria student here on visa, had her charges stayed earlier on condition of community service after a judge heard she’d likely be “inadmissible” in Canada with a conviction.

In a Wednesday decision, however, the B.C. Court of Appeal disagreed. It said immigration issues “must not divert the judge” from an appropriate sentence.

The court found the frequent traveller — a 24-year-old economics student and daughter of a wealthy Beijing businessman — had twice brought back undeclared goods in the space of a month in November 2011.

Various Hermes products, “including a handbag, wallet, shoes, jewellery, scarves, and accessories” — gifts for her parents, she told the court — were undeclared when she was caught after flying back into Canada.

Paying the court-ordered fine of $10,000 wasn’t the issue. Zhao, the court heard, was in the final year of her university program and wanted to remain in Canada to finish it — with the possibility of entering a financial career in the country. The conviction would have put her status in Canada in jeopardy.

“We are not faced with the limited adjustment to an otherwise fit sentence to avoid unnecessary consequences,” Justice Edward Chiasson wrote in the appeal decision.

“This case involves abandoning a criminal sanction that is fit and substituting for it a completely different sanction because a conviction might have serious immigration implications for the offender.”

The amount of tax she would’ve had to pay if the goods were declared was $9,000.

Border authorities also order her to pay $15,400, which included penalties.

The court noted whether Zhao is deported would be for immigration authorities to decide.

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2014/03/12/we ... ng-customs
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Send her back to China. We have enough crooks here without importing more.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

ticat900 wrote:http://www.vancouversun.com/news/charges+dropped+after+judge+rules+police+search+went/6361999/story.html

This judge sure makes the police job become harder.I personally think Vancouver Provincial Court Judge Brian Bastin
should be removed from the bench because of this terrible injustice.I wonder how many previous mistakes he has made and how many more in the .Terrible call on his part, terrible :purefury: :purefury: :purefury: :purefury: :purefury:

after following this reserection of a old story I totally agree B.B. is a idiot and serves us no purpose if he,s that stupid
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

NAB wrote:So the police bungled their entry and the search warrant, the public prosecutors bungled laying the charges, and it is the Judge's fault for upholding the law. OoooooK, I guess I can understand that rationale.

Nab

sometimes when its really really obvious to sane clear thinking people the law need.s to react in a rationale manor and break the rules and get rid of these dredges of society such as these scum bAGS

Return to “B.C.”