ICBC

wanderingman
Übergod

Re: ICBC

Post by wanderingman »

Partmanpartfish wrote:^^

A good post. One detail you forgot that is driving rate increases even more than the distraction of smartphones is the fact Christy and her regressive conservatives have been using ICBC as a cash cow for years. They've robbed hundreds of millions of dollars from the corp. 'Surpluses,' they call them.

When reserves started to pile up under the NDP, ICBC sent good drivers rebate checks. Christy and the gang just steal from us.

The root problem isn't ICBC. The root problem is too many people vote stupid.

The fact of the matter is ICBC has as compared across Canada competitive insurance rates.The corporation is designed to make money.
The province owns the corporation and therefore are allowed to use the profits to run the province for the betterment of all of us
the fact of the matter is when people vote NDP I agree with you as too many people do vote stupid
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Yesterday I went to ICBC to change the principle operator on one of my vehicles that is presently in Burnaby.

I thought it would be a simple matter of giving them the Drivers Licence number of the new principle operator, giving them the address of the new base where the vehicle will be stored when not being used and the area in which it will be driven and change the vehicle "use" to include being driven to and from work which is located within 15 km of its new base.

Nope.

I have to either drive down to Vancouver and go to an ICBC office down there, OR rent a replacement vehicle while the plates are sent up here to Kelowna and surrendered to ICBC here OR else have the vehicle driven up here to Kelowna, have the plates changed and have it driven back to Vancouver.

Since I am the R.O I am the only one who can sign for the new plates and must attend ICBC in person. I can not obtain a new set of plates until I surrender the old ones. And I can not change the principle operator driver's licence number until I get new plates.

The ICBC agent did tell me that I could leave myself on the registration as the principle operator until the registration is due for renewal in Sept 2015 and that the new principle operator would be fully insured but I I guess I am from Missouri. It does not seem consistent with the fact that insurance claims have been denied on the basis that the principle operator had not been updated.

Can anyone confirm of refute what I was told by the most recent ICBC Clerk?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Sounds about right. You need the plates.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Captain Awesome ...

Even though all I am changing is the principle operator and the area of operation? I am remaining as the registered owner and keeping the same address.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Correct.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Captain Awesome ...

Thanks. Seems a long and cumbersome process to a seven diget number change but so be it.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Principle driver only needs to be updated on renewal. Territory and use need to be updated as they change.

Check out the following for more details

http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/Documents/p1301.pdf
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Hassel99 ...

Seventy some years old and never knew the truth until now. Thanks.
Bond007

Post by Bond007 »

Quick question for anyone if you hit an unattended vehicle and leave the vehicle their and left the scene due to a threat by the victim vehicle owner coming out of his house screaming and a bat in hand. Is that breach? Police did issue 68(1) MVA
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Not a lawyer but you probably have an argument if you could prove you were threatened. For example you called 911 when it was safe.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bond007 wrote:Quick question for anyone if you hit an unattended vehicle and leave the vehicle their and left the scene due to a threat by the victim vehicle owner coming out of his house screaming and a bat in hand. Is that breach? Police did issue 68(1) MVA

Not a problem, at all. You have a good defense, IF......

...... you got to a place of safety and called the local police to report that you hit the parked car, left your car at the scene and left. I'd say as long as you called within 15, 20 minutes if you didn't have a cell phone 5 minutes if you did.

,,,, you did call the police,,,, right ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “B.C.”