Look at what he's done to me

logicalview
Guru

Look at what he's done to me

Post by logicalview »

More proof that the criminal justice system is screwed.

Charles Dixon is the most recent victim of a system that doesn't recognize the victims of crime.

Imagine, going along and doing your menial job and some stranger beats the pee out of you for no reason at all.

Dixon said outside court Tuesday that he was disappointed that Louie wasn't sent to jail for 14 months -- the same time Dixon has been unable to work.

"I've had 14 months of house arrest. That's four months shy of what he gets and look at what he's done to me," Dixon told reporters outside Vancouver Provincial Court.

Being beaten is pretty sick eh Charles? How come Del Louie only got a nominal sentence?

Taking into account his aboriginal status, a provincial court judge ordered Del Louie to spend his sentence in treatment at the Victory Wellness Center on the downtown Eastside.

Well, I wonder what would have happened if Del was another colour?

Did anything happen to anybody else?

Dixon pointed out that Louie spit on a bus driver in 2009 and when Louie was arrested for the assault on Dixon, he spit on a police officer and a paramedic.

Holy crap. Did anyone come to your rescue Charles?

Dixon's son Aaron, who was on the bus at the time, chased Louie after the assault. Louie struck the son with a 1.2-metre piece of wood.

Oh, so Del Louie clubbed your son too.

The judge ordered Louie to abstain from drugs and alcohol during his sentence of house arrest.

Looks like Del should have abstained from intoxicants before the beating.

Somehow I have the feeling that Del Louie will be riding the buses soon...

Louie must return to court in four months for a review of his sentence and he cannot ride a bus unless he is sober and has a transit ticket, the judge ruled.

Not much of a deterrent. If he doesn't have a ticket he can always pull a Dix.

So how are you doing Charles? You must be breathing easier now that this sham is over?

Dixon, 55, was wearing a bandage and nose brace from his third surgery a day earlier. He said he had to have his nose broken so he can breathe properly for the first time since the attack.

He said Louie had a chaotic childhood, bouncing between foster care and his divorced parents, both of whom were drug addicts and alcoholics.

The lawyer said Louie's mother caused him "nothing but pain" and he would have to lock his bedroom door to stop her from stealing from him.

He eventually left home and dropped out of school but found work as a landscaper.

Now he beats bus drivers.

Who's next?

Anybody?

You know what would be real justice here. To read a story about the judge in this case being beaten and robbed by none other than Del Louie.
Not afraid to say "It".
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Re: Look at what he's done to me

Post by Bagotricks »

What part of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_syndrome don't you understand?

It's not a good outcome for anyone. The victim and the guy doing the punching. The busdriver is also a victim of alcohol abuse and the criminal has a whole life of crap and sadness to deal with, without the intelligence to deal with it ina positive manner most likely.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

The attack left Dixon with lingering health and psychological problems, including a broken orbital bone, a concussion, some cognitive problems, and anxiety. He required surgery that placed a plate and screws in his face. On Monday, he had his fourth surgery that enabled him to breathe through his right nostril for the first time in 14 months.

But that's ok. The poor boy that kicked the crap out of him has an excuse, right Bago?
Not afraid to say "It".
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

logicalview wrote:
But that's ok. The poor boy that kicked the crap out of him has an excuse, right Bago?

I don't think punishing someone who cant really understand his behavior, nor control it is a positive thing. You need to feel revenge, I get it. Too bad.

Do people that are in wheerchairs use "a excuse" to use handicapped parking spots?
Last edited by Bagotricks on Apr 3rd, 2012, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drongoman
Board Meister

Post by Drongoman »

Bagotricks wrote:
I don't think punishing someone who cant really understand his behavior, nor control it is a positive thing.

Do people that are in wheerchairs use "a excuse" to use handicapped parking spots?

In what universe is that a relevant comparison?
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Drongoman wrote:
In what universe is that a relevant comparison?

Wasn't talking to you.

Logic called FAS a "excuse".

Unless you give yourself FAS....
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

logicalview wrote:Who's next?

Anybody?

anyone but Bago & relatives
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Shouldn't be walking the streets, that's for sure.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Captain Awesome wrote:Shouldn't be walking the streets, that's for sure.

Agreed - but who's paying to house the mentally ill/disabled?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Bagotricks wrote:Agreed - but who's paying to house the mentally ill/disabled?

Try staying focused.
Not afraid to say "It".
Drongoman
Board Meister

Post by Drongoman »

Bagotricks wrote:
Wasn't talking to you.

Logic called FAS a "excuse".

Unless you give yourself FAS....

I don't care if you weren't talking to me. That was a ridiculous comparison. Wowsers.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bagotricks wrote:Agreed - but who's paying to house the mentally ill/disabled?

True enough.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Louie must return to court in four months for a review of his sentence and he cannot ride a bus unless he is sober and has a transit ticket, the judge ruled.

Good ruling. Next time he's drunk, he can just steal an F350 and drive there.

Dix probably has a bunch of back-dated transit tickets he can lend to Louie.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

The bus driver told the Globe he couldn't believe the sentence.

"This man knew what he was doing. I don't care what ancestry he has. Look what he's done to me," Dixon said.

Sorry Charles. He has an excuse according to some.

Even though he has a "disorder" your beating was justifiable because he has a "disorder".

I can see where the racism part of his sentence is troubling you too.
Not afraid to say "It".
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Captain Awesome wrote:True enough.

Just look at it this way.

Taxes are low but that means less programs/services. Instead of paying with his wallet - busdriver paid with his face.

As a society we justify mentally ill/diabled people running amuck on the streets with greed. Then when things like this happen *some* people want to punish the unpunishable, just to try and make some sense of it.

Same group of people would have hell freeze over before their taxes went up to pay to help people like this FAS guy. Even odder that I'll bet they could find money to jail him for 10 years, but not to help him - or god forbid pay to prevent it from happening in the first place.

But we need to keep taxes low, so whatever. Some people will get their faces beat in.

Return to “B.C.”