Beware of Canada post email scam

Roadster
Time waster at work

Beware of Canada post email scam

Post by Roadster »

I am putting this in BC forum for now because I dont know if it is happening all over Canada yet, which I am sure it is.

I have ordered a parcel which is on its way and wouldnt you know it I got an email saying Canada post tried to deliver it and I need to open the link below and copy the invoice so I can take it to any post office and set up re delivery...
Now we know they dont do that, they leave a tag on your door and tell you where you can Pick up your parcel the next day which is usually the nearest outlet in your neighborhood and if you asked for an update email from Canada Post it will say the same and is done after they have tried your door.

So this email came yesterday around 7am telling me they tried at 9:15am, like in two hours and 15 mins after the email had arrived,,, hahaha. What kinda idiots do we have around us?

Please warn your family members about this. Canada Post is already aware of it.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Beware of Canada post email scam

Post by zookeeper »

Canada wide warning, spam with virus

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus ... malert.jsf
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Ah, thanks. My mom on the island got the same email today too so I knew something was going around. Sucks when you do have something coming in the mail and you might actually think it was real.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Does Canada Post have your e mail? I've never given that for a parcel! Wonder if there is some kind of link between what is "real" and how the phishers (?) get your e mail?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

The online order status thing does but its not what happened I dont think. i did think so at first but my mother has never put hers on to track parcels and she got an identical email so it a random thing hitting anyone. Canada post said they are aware of it and its not through them. Anyone will get these. Just a coincedence in my case I think.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Coincidence alright! Guess if they try enough they'll get a hit. I just called my Mom and she said she got one too, but didn't open it because she's not expecting a parcel.

Roadster wrote:
So this email came yesterday around 7am telling me they tried at 9:15am, like in two hours and 15 mins after the email had arrived,,, hahaha. What kinda idiots do we have around us?

Nigeria is about 9 hours ahead of us !
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I am expecting a parcel from eastern Canada and it is coming via Canada Post. It has a tracking number and I have been getting emails from Canada Post as it moves from place to place. Right now it is in Richmond (has been there ALL bloody day!). Have not gotten any phishy emails yet but thanks for the heads-up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Anytime I've gotten parcel from Canada Post I'm not home they leave notice in my mail box telling to go nearest postal outlet after 1pm the next day. No emails + I track it myself.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

grammafreddy wrote:I am expecting a parcel from eastern Canada and it is coming via Canada Post. It has a tracking number and I have been getting emails from Canada Post as it moves from place to place. Right now it is in Richmond (has been there ALL bloody day!). Have not gotten any phishy emails yet but thanks for the heads-up.

Did you initiate this email; as in they replied to your email?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I didn't but the sender probably did. The parcel is from a business back east (I bought a new camera).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Off Topic/Trip
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Off Topic/Trip
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Off Topic Trip/Use the report button please.

Return to “B.C.”