Say NO to pitbull ban

juz516
Board Meister

Re: Say NO to pitbull ban

Post by juz516 »

Any and ALL breeds, including pitbulls, and a lot of crossbreeds and even "mongrels" are being used for ALL those things....just depends on each particular dog.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

How the kennel clubs classifies dogs is different than how people see them. The AKC classifies Labs and Shepherds in the same groups as the CKC. Drug sniffing dogs, service dogs, therapy dogs, etc. isn't restricted to any specific breed. One of the best drug-sniffing dogs was a Beagle. The most decorated war dog of World War I and the only dog to be promoted to sergeant through combat was a Pit Bull by the name of Stubby.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

juz516 wrote:I am not about to lower myself but I don't appreciate being talked to as if I am ignorant and/or stupid......"wild dogs"????? I thought this discussion was about a breed ban.....pardon me...I don't know anything much about "wild dogs". Guess I am on the wrong thread here. :200:

Bully breed dogs, or aggressive breed dogs, pardon the interruption, we now return to our regular programming...
I'm feeling a much nicer tone in here now....
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

LOL I know what you meant....just don't personally consider them "wild dogs".
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Ever seen one attack? Looks just like a 'wild dog'.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

oneh2obabe wrote:How the kennel clubs classifies dogs is different than how people see them. The AKC classifies Labs and Shepherds in the same groups as the CKC. Drug sniffing dogs, service dogs, therapy dogs, etc. isn't restricted to any specific breed. One of the best drug-sniffing dogs was a Beagle. The most decorated war dog of World War I and the only dog to be promoted to sergeant through combat was a Pit Bull by the name of Stubby.

Exactly...dogs are classified as to their origins and history...would be a little redundant to throw breeds into different groups every time they are used for various purposes today.
Labs may well be used as service dogs today...but their origin lays in hunting...therefore...Sporting Breed.

The Pit and Staffie's are also difficult to place....their heritage is split between terriers , bulldogs, mastiffs.
Sometimes watching dog shows can be a little baffling as to why particular breeds are in the group they are in.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:Ever seen one attack? Looks just like a 'wild dog'.

I'm not seeing the similarities.
Attachments
PitBullTerrierTiggerFetch1.jpg
african-wild-dogs.jpg
Old enough to care less.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

lol you'd need to find a video of a pitbull attacking a child, and a wild dog attacking a child, that would be a comparison.
But hey, you're right, they look quite different just standing there
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:lol you'd need to find a video of a pitbull attacking a child, and a wild dog attacking a child, that would be a comparison.

You truly think a Shepherd attacking doesn't look the same as a wild dog attacking?
Any dog in 'attack mode' is going to look...well...like it's attacking.
Ever seen what dogs like Rotties, Dobies and Shepherds that are being trained to attack look like in action?
Kind of a silly analogy.

And...anyone who stood around with a video camera while a dog attacked a child needs to be locked up.
Old enough to care less.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

janalta wrote:
OnTheRoadAgain wrote:lol you'd need to find a video of a pitbull attacking a child, and a wild dog attacking a child, that would be a comparison.

You truly think a Shepherd attacking doesn't look the same as a wild dog attacking? No, I don't think that.
Any dog in 'attack mode' is going to look...well...like it's attacking. That's what I said, diddle I? You know, aggressive dog breeds.
Ever seen what dogs like Rotties, Dobies and Shepherds that are being trained to attack look like in action? Ya, they kinda look like wild dogs, but they stop on command (only seen them in dog shows and in movies and once on my street when the police were training the shepherds and one got away)
Kind of a silly analogy. You think so? You think that Rotties and Dobies and Sheps only look like while dogs when they attack, but Pitties don't? I think I'm losing you....

And...anyone who stood around with a video camera while a dog attacked a child needs to be locked up.

Ya no kidding. People don't usually hold video surveillance cameras. But sometimes people with cell phones take videos as they witness things, doesn't mean someone else wasn't dealing with it
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

So...Pit Bulls are more dangerous because they do more damage.
Dogs like labs don't bite. They are family pets.
Shepherds only leave puncture wounds, they don't tear like a Pit.

Wake up people...so tired of hearing how other dogs just don't cause the same severity of bites as Pits.

All of these kids were attacked by family pets...a Collie ( awe...Lassie ), Weimeraner, labrador.

ANY large dogs can and do cause severe damage to children

Pictures removed.
Old enough to care less.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Come on, you guys.....ANY dog that attacks looks horrific....ANY dog could do damage....NO ONE wants to see or hear of someone getting hurt, maimed or killed in a dog attack by ANY breed!....neither side, for crying out loud. I am sure if you want you can find information, "facts", photos...you name it...online to support both sides of this. The owners of the pitbulls love their dogs....they love the breed....and that is their choice. You don't have to like it and you won't change their minds. Same for the pitbull owners..you will never change the minds of everyone..those that have actually experienced something like an attack will never change their minds....and all you can do is try to educate the people that simply do not know anything but what they have heard and show by example that the whole breed cannot be painted with the same brush.
AND I don't need a tongue lashing for thinking this way, thank you very much.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

yup...here we go again....*bleep* for tat....one upmanship.....
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

i have 2 akita's (mother and daughter) and they are big babies in general.
i have seen the dark side in a dog fight and i ended up in emergency getting stitches for breaking it up.
its incredible how any dog large or small gets wound up, larger of course more dangerous,
after my event i got in contact with a RCMP dog handler and asked if he thought i should put my akita's down.
he said of course not they were acting like normal dogs in a fight and did not mean me harm just my hand was in the way with the dog they were fighting with.
i learned from that incident to be careful at all times keeping them in control with outside animals, they are not group friendly.
Any and every dog can and may be dangerous without proper control.
banning and blaming the breed is stupid, its the owner who is at fault always for not taking and being cautious.
only the ignorant want to eliminate a species because its in their way or scares them.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

janalta wrote:

Pictures removed.

Many thanks! and much appreciated.

Return to “B.C.”