R.I.P Amanda Todd

Lette66

Re: R.I.P Amanda Todd

Post by Lette66 »

Roadster wrote:
Lette66 wrote:Please join my group..I just started it but my goal is to let all bully victims know that they are and never will be alone in this world..There will always be someone here to help them get through it..

R.I.P Amanda Todd! You are a beautiful angel

https://www.facebook.com/groups/288212371289268/

What a good idea, I hope you can get it around facebook somehow and let victims find you when they need you.

I am trying..Sent it to the radio stations and posted on a bunch of groups..Please pass it along :)
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

the joke is the schools and governments just act like this is a important issue.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundl ... -1008.html

suspended for a few days???
the kids should have been kicked out of school for a minimum 1 year if not permanent and let their parents pay the cost.
even if the police find the guilty scum that drove this BC girl to death what will they get?
probation or a small fine etc, a week out of school.
they are murderers and should be tracked down charged and imprisoned.
time the Canadian government stopped using this bullying issue as a tool to get voted in and actually tried to stop it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

keith1612 wrote:they are murderers and should be tracked down charged and imprisoned.

You can`t convict somebody of murder based on name-calling. Also, they`re minors.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

sooperphreek wrote:this whole situation is losing the plot. people are falling for the smokescreen and putting the entire focus of feeling sorry for this girl and lashing out at bullies. the question i have is this - why the he!! did she spend so much time on a media where she bared her breasts, her heart, her soul, and her weaknesses so frivolously? as far as i can see no one put a gun to her head and forced her to any of that until she was blackmailed a year after. why didnt she fess up and tell her parents and authorities at that time? why not just face the music concerning her dumb decision? if you are getting "bullied" online then stay away from youtube and facebook and stop hiding from parents, counselors, and real tangible people in your life that care and can hug you. dont let every tom, dick and online harry pick at it like vultures so they can exploit it. was she expecting a disney version where there were fields of flowers and birds singing? that was a cautionary tale for being impaired mentally. which in the end is a big part of this tragedy. there is a reason we have labeled the latest generation the "emo" generation. why is everyone a bunch of cream puffs? you look at someone cross eyed and they cry to someone that its bullying. which is taking the resonance away from the real bullying and issue. i have people in castanet being very direct in what they think of me on here and walk away thinking even worse because they cant say so without castanet censorship. does that mean that i go out the selfish way and kill myself? leave those that love me to wonder how people that i didnt know took precedence over them? leave them trying to pick up the pieces because i didnt have the courage to let them help me? when you are selfish and take your life it shows how little you think of the ones that love you. and that is a bigger tragedy than the bullying in my opinion.

You ask some interesting questions but I'm afraid that they are questions which only illustrate your lack of understanding and therefore empathy with this type of situation. Unfortunately, it's not even remotely as simple as you attempt to lay it out. I hope, for your sake and whomever else would hypothetically be affected, that you never have to deal with a situation such as this because you would be sadly ill-prepared.

This is such a heartbreaking story, I don't see how anything good can come of basically stating that it was the poor girl's own fault so why even go there? It's a terrible tragedy but, unfortunately, not unheard of.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

oh please.....i guess we live in a world today where you never have to accept responsibility for choices.....and you say im the ill prepared one? your philosophy only makes the problem worse. you council people to wallow in self pity and never take responsibility for their own mistakes. that is the problem. the fact that she decided to end her life doesnt mysteriously take away any cause and effect decisions she made. sad times we are in now with people like you saying that crap.
Lette66

Post by Lette66 »

Do I really need to remind people that this topic is about AMANDA and no one else! Pm each other your differences.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Lette66 wrote:Do I really need to remind people that this topic is about AMANDA and no one else! Pm each other your differences.

Hey, don't bully people.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Lette66

Post by Lette66 »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Lette66 wrote:Do I really need to remind people that this topic is about AMANDA and no one else! Pm each other your differences.

Hey, don't bully people.

how is that bullying? Telling someone to not have there little arguments when we are here to remember this girl..
Last edited by Lette66 on Oct 12th, 2012, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

grammafreddy wrote:I get it because I have buried and mourned a teenage suicide son, although his issue was not bullying.

Amanda Todd's reasons for suicide were not bullying either (according the CBC), but the bullying sure didn't help the situation. I'm sorry about your son, suicide is one of the hardest things to deal with no matter what the issue.
Last edited by Glacier on Oct 12th, 2012, 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

quote="sooperphreek"
this whole situation is losing the plot. people are falling for the smokescreen and putting the entire focus of feeling sorry for this girl and lashing out at bullies. the question i have is this - why the he!! did she spend so much time on a media where she bared her breasts, her heart, her soul, and her weaknesses so frivolously? as far as i can see no one put a gun to her head and forced her to any of that until she was blackmailed a year after. why didnt she fess up and tell her parents and authorities at that time? why not just face the music concerning her dumb decision?

Why did he? The guy who enticed her to show herself? I think we know why.
And she did fess up, in writing, to the entire world.
They tried to help her. She couldn't get past it, because they wouldn't let her. They followed her. She was thirteen, in puberty, fourteen when she was exploited and deeply embarassed. That alone has a strong affect; to be continually harassed and bullied and teased about it is putting salt in that wound.

if you are getting "bullied" online then stay away from youtube and facebook and stop hiding from parents, counselors, and real tangible people in your life that care and can hug you. dont let every tom, dick and online harry pick at it like vultures so they can exploit it.

These guys groom their victims, and earn their innocent trust. She was thirteen.
was she expecting a disney version where there were fields of flowers and birds singing? that was a cautionary tale for being impaired mentally. which in the end is a big part of this tragedy. there is a reason we have labeled the latest generation the "emo" generation. why is everyone a bunch of cream puffs? you look at someone cross eyed and they cry to someone that its bullying. which is taking the resonance away from the real bullying and issue.

It's all bullying. Your saying it isn't is more like taking away from the real bullying and issue. Don't minimize the small stuff that can grow into the big stuff.
Adults tried to support her but she still felt alone. She was continually tortured by her peers and could not get away from that.

i have people in castanet being very direct in what they think of me on here and walk away thinking even worse because they cant say so without castanet censorship. does that mean that i go out the selfish way and kill myself? leave those that love me to wonder how people that i didnt know took precedence over them? leave them trying to pick up the pieces because i didnt have the courage to let them help me? when you are selfish and take your life it shows how little you think of the ones that love you. and that is a bigger tragedy than the bullying in my opinion.

How old are you? Does someone have a photo of you naked, that they have posted online somewhere? Courage? Selfish?
A bigger tragedy than the bullying? It was caused by the bullying. No wonder they remain misunderstood.....
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

She is dead. She's dead because of people like you who can be this heartless behind the anonymity of the Internet.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Charlie01 wrote:
I think this is an extreme situation of gross neglect by family and society. I am glad that media might once again cast light on the issues of bullying, but i do not believe bullying was the only problem here.

I agree, but bullying and the inability to find a solution lead to her misery, and eventual self-inflicted demise.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

kgcayenne wrote:She is dead. She's dead because of people like you who can be this heartless behind the anonymity of the Internet.

Helloooo ... Castanet is full of bullying - and we're supposedly adults. Have a look at what you just posted ... a serious look.

Like I said earlier ... we are all bullies.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

sooperphreek wrote:yes i am angry that this has happened. and im angry how feeling sorry for her and chasing the red herring of "bullying" isnt going to change anything. so what is society going to do to change things? perhaps it is an example of how passive agressive parenting doesnt work. perhaps if parents were more decisive her decisions would have been more sound. perhaps if kids were not so cocooned in a world of social media - a real living, breathing person would have been there face to face to talk to and perhaps even hug her. so ya, i have anger issues. maybe we need to educate kids about the dangers of ostracizing yourself from personal connections that are outside social media. but hey....i guess it is just easier to feel sorry for her and have a flash mob against bullies.

Regardless of how someone is parented
Regardless of how someone looks or learns
Regardless of the amount of family support or parent education
Regardless of the anti-bullying education and campaigning in schools
Regardless of the decisions parents make whiel raising their kids
Regardless of social media
Regardless of anyone's anger issues

If everyone treated her like they would want to be treated...
like they would want their daughter or their sister to be treated...
like they would want their girlfriend or their mother or their grandmother treated...

If everyone stood up to bullies instead of joining them or walking away feeling bad for the victim,
If everyone just knew what to say and what to do and who to go to for help...
If everyone helping had clear understanding of bullying...and knew what to do to help...
If every bullying incident was effectively dealt with by trained adults and youth...

there would be no more bullying.

You are talking about teaching someone to be more resilient.
That is what it takes to walk away, ignore, and be the bigger person by not resorting to the level of the bully, and to truly understand that the bully's actions and words are more a reflection of them, than of the victim.
That is very difficult for adults (who would put up with that?) and even more difficult for children and teens, which is why they are in the care of adults who are supposed to know how to help them. But we are still failing them.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Rest in peace little girl. This just makes me sick. I hope they can find the child molester that publised that picture. Thats what he is ,Very scarey to think that she was communicating with him for over a year and no one in control knew about it.

Return to “B.C.”