Duct-taped cat

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Duct-taped cat

Post by Rwede »

No way would I condone this, but you'd think the dumb-arsed owner would smarten up and look after his pet after the first instance! Some people just don't take responsibility for their pets, no matter what happens.

Cat duct taped twice
by The Canadian Press - Story: 82243
Oct 23, 2012 / 12:13 pm

The RCMP say a household cat on Vancouver Island has been targeted twice by someone who duct-taped the animal's paws and tail.

The Mounties say the first incident happened on Oct. 1, when the cat's owner found it inside her home attempting to lick off duct tape.

In that incident, the owner was able to cut the tape off the cat and the animal wasn't harmed.

An RCMP news release says the same cat was targeted again this week sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning, when the cat did not return to the house.

The owner looked outside Monday morning and saw the cat with its tail taped to its back and tape on its paws, which a veterinarian removed after sedating the animal.

The Mounties say the family is extremely upset, and both the police and the SPCA are investigating.

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Duct taped cat

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Me thinks somebody is trying to send a message to the cat's owner through the cat, since the cat can't talk, the duct-taper person is trying to send a message to the family that the family should keep the cat inside take outside on a leash (they hate that I'm sure) and nobody will harm him?
emc group
Fledgling

Re: Duct-taped cat

Post by emc group »

The poor cat must be as dumb as the owner getting caught twice by the duct tapper. Ever try to catch a strange cat? Wish I could catch the one that keeps leaving "candy" in my bark mulch. Unfortunately my dog thinks it is a gift.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

The owner is an idiot.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I think all these comments are sick. This is animal cruelty and is never funny or deserved.
Anyone who does this should be prosecuted, fined, and made to work at a shelter.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I've cleaned up the thread. Lets stay on topic.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

I don't think it's funny, Ithink it's awful. And I think that someone is messing with that cat to get a message to the owner, whoever it is.
I've never had a cat, but I hear they are pretty hard to keep inside, and in the yard.
They seem to like to use other people's yards and gardens to poop on, and vehicles and rec vehicles to climb on and scratch, and they spray too and man it stinks for a long time.

There is no excuse for animal cruelty, including letting pets loose in the neighbourhood.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

i hope they find the people responsable and they should be given 6 months to 2 years in jail.
its time Canada stopped treating animal cruilty as a joke.
take a look where most serial killers started their talents.
if you have a problem with the pet owner get some balls and speak up, friggin coward.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Unfortunalty we have spoken up, been lots of threads saying ,please keep your cat contained, There are a lot of cat owners out there that think they are entitled to let their cats roam and to heck with cat pooh . Since I pulled my annuals ,I have the privledge of trying to get to my flower beds before my dogs. Yes ,duct tape is cruel, but at least its not deadly. I dont agree with duct taping the cat, but I can see where the frustation is comming from.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

seems crazy to me that nut bars out there would harm a animal to have a pretty flower bed.
i suppose its the same type that want deer killed for wandering in their yards and coyotes culled for being annoying and yet these people want country life.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

motorhomebabe wrote:Unfortunalty we have spoken up, been lots of threads saying ,please keep your cat contained, There are a lot of cat owners out there that think they are entitled to let their cats roam and to heck with cat pooh . Since I pulled my annuals ,I have the privledge of trying to get to my flower beds before my dogs. Yes ,duct tape is cruel, but at least its not deadly. I dont agree with duct taping the cat, but I can see where the frustation is comming from.

So be a grown up and go to the cat's owners and speak to them.
Animal cruelty is never acceptable.
If you think hurting a cat that messed in your flower beds is ok, you are sick.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

gardengirl wrote:
So be a grown up and go to the cat's owners and speak to them.
Animal cruelty is never acceptable.
If you think hurting a cat that messed in your flower beds is ok, you are sick.

I agree, hurting a cat (or any animal) is not okay. The pet owner is where the problem stems. They are the ones who are letting their animals destroy things that don't belong to them.

So if you be a grown up and go talk to the pet owner and they don't do anything about that damn cat pooping in your flower beds, then what will your next grown up move be?

Calling animal control isn't going to work where cats are concerned.

I know what I would do but that wouldn't win me many friends ... :127:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

How does anyone know that this isn't just a$$inine kids??? Any adult that would do this is just plain cruel, has a very sick mind and should have more common sense. Any posters that would even come close to thinking this is okay.....well.....guess I would get deleted if I were to say how I really feel.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

What is the next move? It certainly would not be harming a defenseless animal.
THERE IS NO EXCUSE.
Talk to the neighbours again, or do something on your own.
There are safe ways to discourage animals from being in your yard.
If you are so concerned about your plants, find a way to protect them from the animals.
(By the way, cats are not the only animals that roam from yard to yard.)
If you think your plants are more important than a living, breathing, animal, you have a problem.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Imagine a pregnant woman blissfully digging away in her flower beds on a warm summer day. Now picture the sadness and permanent effects if she were to contract and pass toxoplasmosis to her unborn child.

Please keep your cats indoors. No one wants their poop and the parasites they just might be carrying.

There are worse things than duct tape.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

Return to “B.C.”