Friday, October 24th0.5°C
23840

Teachers suspended

B.C. topics.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 8th, 2012, 3:02 pm

and by all means point out where anyone said kids, my own even could act without impunity? I just said dont touch them.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 8th, 2012, 3:07 pm

sooperphreek wrote:
OnTheRoadAgain wrote:Intent wanes in a criminal act, because that would not be able to be proven in this case.
The teacher never meant to hurt the child, but she did overreact, breaking the criminal code, and was therefore disciplined through alternative (to incarceration) measures.
The teacher did not have the right to do what she did.

The guy standing by the dead body he 'accidentally' shot, is not absolved of guilt for murder of one or another degree, or manslaughter because he didn't mean to kill him. In basic terms regardless, he did not have the right to kill him by any means.


so the teacher is the cop in this situation and the kid is the one with the gun right? what if the guy resisted arrest? like the kid did?

Maybe you can start another thread for that as it isnt relevent here. Teachers arent afforded the same rights we've given to the police so its apples and oranges.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby Veovis » Nov 8th, 2012, 4:48 pm

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:and by all means point out where anyone said kids, my own even could act without impunity? I just said dont touch them.


What should teachers do then when a situation occurs. Let the kid run free and do as he likes. What if the student was attacking other students? Should they still maintain your 100% never touch a kid rule?

The problem with absolutes and extremes is they aren't practical in the real world but work great in the realm of acting morally superior.

In this case the teacher most certainly was wrong to do what they did and should have been punished, and were punished.

Anyone remember this instance.

http://pixelbark.com/24

Now that looks quite bad and it is, but did the kid deserve it? depends on what he did I suppose. If I recall he took up skirt photos of a girl on his phone.

Now he could upload those picture to the internet very fast if not stopped. Should the teacher restrain this kid who was did appear to try to escape and initiate aggression towards the teacher or should the teacher maintain a strict "hands off" rule and allow some young girl to be sexually exploited?

The issue simply isn't black and white, therefore we have professionals who's job is to review and discipline teachers when misconduct occurs.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2565
Likes: 87 posts
Liked in: 453 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 8th, 2012, 5:19 pm

the kid doesnt have to answer for his actions and he is totally innocent. and the principal should lose his job because there should be a hands off my precious cargo rule. (according to some insane people here anyways) good question though.....what makes the guy more precious than the girl that he tried to upskirt? oh and i love the friend that was trying question the principle. would have loved to hear the growl that the principal made that made the kid back off....
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3255
Likes: 198 posts
Liked in: 142 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 8th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I would think that taking lewd pictures with your camera against someones wishes is an offence you could likely make a public arrest for. In the course of that you are permitted to use only the force needed.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 8th, 2012, 6:58 pm

If the police arent close enough.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 8th, 2012, 7:47 pm

are you implying that there are exceptions based on perceptions? well.....this just turned into a "grey" cloudy issue now hasnt it?
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3255
Likes: 198 posts
Liked in: 142 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby Veovis » Nov 8th, 2012, 8:54 pm

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:I would think that taking lewd pictures with your camera against someones wishes is an offence you could likely make a public arrest for. In the course of that you are permitted to use only the force needed.


I agree. But you were clear, no teacher should ever touch a child. You have the training to determine when you can assault someone but all teachers do not.

So which is it?

Personally every single situation needs to be examined after the fact. Sometime a teacher should be punished, and other times commended for their actions, even if they involved physical altercations with students.

Teaching has become a far more difficult job and we the public keep making extremes to handcuff them in what they have to do, I don't think we should give them free reign by any means (they messed that up by going over board in the past), but surely we can try to not get completely up their arses on everything.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2565
Likes: 87 posts
Liked in: 453 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby keith1612 » Nov 8th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Veovis wrote:
noneofyourbiz3 wrote:and by all means point out where anyone said kids, my own even could act without impunity? I just said dont touch them.


What should teachers do then when a situation occurs. Let the kid run free and do as he likes. What if the student was attacking other students? Should they still maintain your 100% never touch a kid rule?

The problem with absolutes and extremes is they aren't practical in the real world but work great in the realm of acting morally superior.

In this case the teacher most certainly was wrong to do what they did and should have been punished, and were punished.

Anyone remember this instance.

http://pixelbark.com/24


Now that looks quite bad and it is, but did the kid deserve it? depends on what he did I suppose. If I recall he took up skirt photos of a girl on his phone.

Now he could upload those picture to the internet very fast if not stopped. Should the teacher restrain this kid who was did appear to try to escape and initiate aggression towards the teacher or should the teacher maintain a strict "hands off" rule and allow some young girl to be sexually exploited?

The issue simply isn't black and white, therefore we have professionals who's job is to review and discipline teachers when misconduct occurs.



the only time a teacher should touch a student is if there is a good chance of serious physical harm to the student or other students.
thats it.
if the child is not acting in a threatening manor then the teacher by law should have to do the same.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 735
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 1st, 2012, 5:51 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 13th, 2012, 9:29 am

^exactly. Too much abuse going on these days and people need to realize when they are escalating it. Where their any kids that witnessed this? Now do they have the understanding this is an ok way to deal with things? Its sad..these are our children for gods sake not things you can push and pull around. Any stats available on abuses from teachers?
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 13th, 2012, 11:26 am

Theres always a better way. I know Ive said some things but frankly it all makes me sick to my stomach seeing what these kids face today. Voilence is the worst way to communicate and doesnt teach anything other than voilence as thats all they will ever see once it commences. Your message will be lost. I loathe confrontation. Just bad energy. Anyway lets hope better for our kids and stay informed.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 13th, 2012, 2:26 pm

and it makes me sick to my stomach that we have segments of society that want to allow kids to walk all over everybody and have a sense of entitlement to do so. i dont blame the kids. i blame the new age parents.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3255
Likes: 198 posts
Liked in: 142 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 13th, 2012, 4:09 pm

found.
Violence in schools, not just students against students, but students against teachers is becoming a serious problem that doesn't have any fast and easy solutions. Teachers being abused is a fact of life in classrooms and it shouldn't be the case.

Politicians, school administrators, teachers and parents all need to be actively involved in working on solutions and in particular, the lost art of respect, needs to be taught in the home.

Keyword being respect. All round. So where has it gone? What does it mean to people? What does it mean to kids?
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby noneofyourbiz3 » Nov 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm

Veovis wrote:
noneofyourbiz3 wrote:I would think that taking lewd pictures with your camera against someones wishes is an offence you could likely make a public arrest for. In the course of that you are permitted to use only the force needed.


I agree. But you were clear, no teacher should ever touch a child. You have the training to determine when you can assault someone but all teachers do not.

So which is it?

Personally every single situation needs to be examined after the fact. Sometime a teacher should be punished, and other times commended for their actions, even if they involved physical altercations with students.

Teaching has become a far more difficult job and we the public keep making extremes to handcuff them in what they have to do, I don't think we should give them free reign by any means (they messed that up by going over board in the past), but surely we can try to not get completely up their arses on everything.


This is a thread about teacher abuse. Thats what I refer. Not in defense. We train and teach for defence only. Thats a right extended to everyone. Teachers included.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod
 
Posts: 1058
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Jan 13th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Re: Teachers suspended

Postby keith1612 » Nov 15th, 2012, 11:01 am

sooperphreek wrote:the kid doesnt have to answer for his actions and he is totally innocent. and the principal should lose his job because there should be a hands off my precious cargo rule. (according to some insane people here anyways) good question though.....what makes the guy more precious than the girl that he tried to upskirt? oh and i love the friend that was trying question the principle. would have loved to hear the growl that the principal made that made the kid back off....



where in the main story does it say the child assaulted by the teacher was taking pictures up a girls skirt?
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 735
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sep 1st, 2012, 5:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to British Columbia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest