Teachers suspended

noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Re: Teachers suspended

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Assumptions. lol.
If my child is a distraction and you cant deal with it without being abusive then maybe you should find something else to do. Army up and head to Libya. These are our children. You let me deal the punishment unless you prefer the contract fulfilled.

When its ok for me to drag you down the street by your hoddie cuz you didnt signal......in the meantime..keep your hands to yourself where my children are concerned.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Assumptions. lol.
If my child is a distraction and you cant deal with it without being abusive then maybe you should find something else to do. Army up and head to Libya. These are our children. You let me deal the punishment unless you prefer the contract fulfilled.

When its ok for me to drag you down the street by your hoddie cuz you didnt signal......in the meantime..keep your hands to yourself where my children are concerned.

i agree, back in my day if you touched a kid you sure as hell better have had a good answer as to why.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

keith1612 wrote:so more or less you are saying allow a teacher having a bad day the right to slap your child around or go without public school.

No actually that's you putting your spin on it, something you chronic whiners are very proficient at doing.

What I'm saying is a minor during the school day is under the teachers control, which means for that time the teacher is the child's guardian, and as such they should have the same rights as the parents.

Your unnecessarily dramatic spin on what I said also suggests that you are under the misguided notion that parents never have a bad day. Might want to rethink that approach.

By your reasoning, if you were to send a child to school, that ends up misbehaving and being disruptive, then you should be fired as a parent. :wink: Not a bad idea in some cases but unfortunately not too easily workable.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
keith1612 wrote:so more or less you are saying allow a teacher having a bad day the right to slap your child around or go without public school.

No actually that's you putting your spin on it, something you chronic whiners are very proficient at doing.

What I'm saying is a minor during the school day is under the teachers control, which means for that time the teacher is the child's guardian, and as such they should have the same rights as the parents.

Your unnecessarily dramatic spin on what I said also suggests that you are under the misguided notion that parents never have a bad day. Might want to rethink that approach.

By your reasoning, if you were to send a child to school, that ends up misbehaving and being disruptive, then you should be fired as a parent. :wink: Not a bad idea in some cases but unfortunately not too easily workable.

well better to have the odd whiner trying to stop child abuse than people like you who seem to make excuses for it.
some of use are smart enough to recognize assault when its open right in front of us.
you keep missing the point that the union , the school board, the police and the courts all deemed this as assault.
yet you say its whiners.
hope you are not entrusted with the safety of others children.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Yeah yeah and you spouting off endlessly can be construed as verbal assault. :dyinglaughing:

Definitely must be one of these new era, all children are equal, there are no losers, and a time out cures all ills types.

I lost respect for your opinion when you took it upon yourself to engage in overly dramatic license blowing things completely out of proportion in order to support your position.

As others have been astute enough to touch on, I'm sure neither you, nor anyone else as vocal as you, or I for that matter know precisely what transpired, what prompted it, whether there was a history of poor conduct etc. Heck let's fill the prisons with all the people that have touched a hoodie in their lifetime.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Yeah yeah and you spouting off endlessly can be construed as verbal assault. :dyinglaughing:

Definitely must be one of these new era, all children are equal, there are no losers, and a time out cures all ills types.

I lost respect for your opinion when you took it upon yourself to engage in overly dramatic license blowing things completely out of proportion in order to support your position.

As others have been astute enough to touch on, I'm sure neither you, nor anyone else as vocal as you, or I for that matter know precisely what transpired, what prompted it, whether there was a history of poor conduct etc. Heck let's fill the prisons with all the people that have touched a hoodie in their lifetime.

sorry if the facts are too complicated for you to understand, perhaps you should go back and re read them.
you are trying to argue and say the courts all made this up and the school board helped them.
thats utter nonsense.
i dont know where you get the "must be one of these new era, all children are equal, there are no losers, and a time out cures all ills types" crap
i guess if someone questions a teacher being charged for assault then they fit in that catagory.
dont worry i also had no respect for you to lose so its all good
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

so more or less you are saying allow a teacher having a bad day the right to slap your child around or go without public school.
i dont think a teacher ever has the right to touch a child unless its for true protection reasons, protection of that child, other children or the teacher themselves.
if the reason doesnt fall into that catagory i believe its assault and the teacher should be fired on the spot with no future pay.

if the kid is dumb enough to get on a teachers bad side on an obvious bad day they should get a wake up call. not physical but some other form for sure. you make it seem like physical stuff happens all the time when this was only one of a very few. so your take on things is skewed in my opinion.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

sooperphreek wrote:
so more or less you are saying allow a teacher having a bad day the right to slap your child around or go without public school.
i dont think a teacher ever has the right to touch a child unless its for true protection reasons, protection of that child, other children or the teacher themselves.
if the reason doesnt fall into that catagory i believe its assault and the teacher should be fired on the spot with no future pay.

if the kid is dumb enough to get on a teachers bad side on an obvious bad day they should get a wake up call. not physical but some other form for sure. you make it seem like physical stuff happens all the time when this was only one of a very few. so your take on things is skewed in my opinion.

no i dont and havent said it happens all the time.
im just talking about the case in this story.
i would hardly say all teachers are abusers etc.
its a bit unreasonable to expect a 10 year old etc to have to judge if his teacher is in a bitchy mood all the time.
i simply believe teachers should be trained and checked for temper problems.
i grew up in the 70's and never saw a teacher hurt a child, ever!!
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

the 70's was different. the kids knew and watched our for the boundaries. and knew there would indeed be consequences - if it wasnt the school it was dad when he got home. the "code" was different.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

keith1612 wrote:i grew up in the 70's and never saw a teacher hurt a child, ever!!

You should have been around for the 50's and 60's! :ohmygod:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Bsuds wrote:
keith1612 wrote:i grew up in the 70's and never saw a teacher hurt a child, ever!!

You should have been around for the 50's and 60's! :ohmygod:

i remember kids in school from Alberta telling me about "the strap" im glad it was banned here lol
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

keith1612 wrote:i remember kids in school from Alberta telling me about "the strap" im glad it was banned here lol

I not so sure that a little "strap" discipline would be a bad thing at times with some of the youth these days.
Might be a little more respect.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

keith1612 wrote:i remember kids in school from Alberta telling me about "the strap" im glad it was banned here lol

Might of done you some good with that inflated ego and tude you're sporting.

Many of us came from a system where they had the strap, and gee whiz not only did we survive, but most also grew up with a bit more respect for authority.

Now we have a generation that knows they can push all the parameters, with little or no consequences to speak of, and much to the chagrine of teachers, many do just that.

Then people like you come around and instead of addressing the cause, defend the little brats by pointing fingers and shifting focus to the outcome, taking liberties in distorting the picture in the process. Well done.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Bsuds wrote:I not so sure that a little "strap" discipline would be a bad thing at times with some of the youth these days.
Might be a little more respect.

:rate10: :rate10: :rate10:
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes.

Violence usually begets

Return to “B.C.”