Teachers suspended

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Teachers suspended

Post by keith1612 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
keith1612 wrote:i remember kids in school from Alberta telling me about "the strap" im glad it was banned here lol

Might of done you some good with that inflated ego and tude you're sporting.

Many of us came from a system where they had the strap, and gee whiz not only did we survive, but most also grew up with a bit more respect for authority.

Now we have a generation that knows they can push all the parameters, with little or no consequences to speak of, and much to the chagrine of teachers, many do just that.

Then people like you come around and instead of addressing the cause, defend the little brats by pointing fingers and shifting focus to the outcome, taking liberties in distorting the picture in the process. Well done.

lmao climb back into the dark ages. we dont all agree with child abuse like you.
its a shame you spend more time mouthing than actually reading what happened.
Last edited by keith1612 on Nov 1st, 2012, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Bsuds wrote:
keith1612 wrote:i remember kids in school from Alberta telling me about "the strap" im glad it was banned here lol

I not so sure that a little "strap" discipline would be a bad thing at times with some of the youth these days.
Might be a little more respect.

yes that will help kids, a beating.
sorry thats a dumb idea.
you guys must live in ghetto's, i dont see anywhere the bad youth people make them out to be.
go drive around and look at most the real addicts and criminals, i sure see alot more in the 40's
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

You've made it obvious that you can't comprehend what you read, and opt to instead manipulate words to make yourself seem superior. The operative term there being "seem".

Crime stats and news stories go far in demonstrating how well your wishy washy theories bear up.

Not all changes made or laws passed are necessarily good ones, and some in fact do fail the test of time, thus suggesting they might well require a second look.

I believe bullying has been but one big issue, front and center the last decade or so, which would cause one to wonder what gives, since this is the product of a system and time frame you are championing. I tend to think what people like you conveniently overlook is that there's nothing whatsoever for a child to fear where the strap is concerned, if they behave.

I have no problem admitting being wrong if it can be proven, yet it would appear that if your approach is better, then it should by now have manifested itself in less problems, and more respect for authority, rather than less.

Can't say I recall a time that juvenile females have been as evil as some are now, so just maybe instead of making remarks about me and the dark ages, you should be removing your rose colored glasses and wondering what's gone awry.

The minute government took it upon themselves to mess with the whole young offenders act, corporal punishment in schools, etc., it empowered a group that isn't even of legal age and there's something just not quite right about that.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:You've made it obvious that you can't comprehend what you read, and opt to instead manipulate words to make yourself seem superior. The operative term there being "seem".

Crime stats and news stories go far in demonstrating how well your wishy washy theories bear up.

Not all changes made or laws passed are necessarily good ones, and some in fact do fail the test of time, thus suggesting they might well require a second look.

I believe bullying has been but one big issue, front and center the last decade or so, which would cause one to wonder what gives, since this is the product of a system and time frame you are championing. I tend to think what people like you conveniently overlook is that there's nothing whatsoever for a child to fear where the strap is concerned, if they behave.

I have no problem admitting being wrong if it can be proven, yet it would appear that if your approach is better, then it should by now have manifested itself in less problems, and more respect for authority, rather than less.

Can't say I recall a time that juvenile females have been as evil as some are now, so just maybe instead of making remarks about me and the dark ages, you should be removing your rose colored glasses and wondering what's gone awry.

The minute government took it upon themselves to mess with the whole young offenders act, corporal punishment in schools, etc., it empowered a group that isn't even of legal age and there's something just not quite right about that.

how far back are you trying to imply children have been all terrible?
unless you are 60-70 you are lumping yourself in the group of bad children.
corporal punishment and the young offenders act are minimum early 1980's laws.
so you are trying to say all kids for the last 30 years have been raised to be wild animals?
if todays kids are worse (in your opinion) than kids say 20 years ago then it maybe has nothing to do with the removal of those laws and its another issue.
who knows.
as for the juvenile females that hit the news, i fully agree with you.
seems to me thats more a failing court system than a school system.
when judges give the lowest available punishment to truly violent offenders adults or kids it makes no sense.
even under canadian laws most violent children can be bypassed over the youth offenders act

cut and paste:

Adult Sentence

If a young person is found guilty of an indictable offence, an offence where an adult would be liable to receive more than two years, an order for an adult sentence shall be imposed on a young offender in the following cases:

if the young person indicates that he or she doesn’t want to make an application for a youth sentence or fails to make an indication,[160] or if the purpose and principles set out in subparagraph 3(1)(b)(ii) and section 38 would not have sufficient length to hold the young person accountable for his or her offending behaviour in the case of a presumptive offence[160] or
In any other case, if the young person gives notice to the youth justice court that he or she doesn’t oppose the application for an adult sentence,[160] or if the purpose and principles set out in subparagraph 3(1)(b)(ii) and section 38 would not have sufficient length to hold the young person accountable for his or her offending behaviour in relation to an offence committed after the young offender has just acquired fourteen years of age.[160]

There are three categories of offences that may attract an adult sentence:

Presumptive “a” offences: Specified offences (murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, aggravated sexual assault)[161]
Presumptive “b” offences: repeating of serious violent offence[161]
Non-presumptive offences[161]
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

keith1612 wrote:how far back are you trying to imply children have been all terrible?

Not at all, the strap was still in effect in the sixties and seventies, and well beyond that depending on the jurisdiction, so you do the math. The Toronto board of education abolished the strap in 1971, but in most other jurisdictions the strap continued to be an important instrument in the teacher’s disciplinary arsenal until the 1990s.

In fact It was not until 2004 that the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that corporal punishment was an unreasonable application of force in the maintenance of classroom discipline. It is since that time that it has been illegal to strap a child in school.

I can only comment on what I've personally seen, consequently I noted that between removing the strap from schools, and meddling with the young offenders act, it empowered minors beyond what I would consider reasonable given their age, not to mention the additional consequence of effectively removing power from teachers and parents.

Naturally not all kids are bad, and many would turn out to be fine adults regardless of the regulations in place, but the ones inclined to follow the dark side so to speak, became far more able to push boundaries and get away with far more thanks to the generally lax judicial system.

Yes the judicial system is also to blame, but changes that transpired through the years also impacted all the way down to the classroom. I can't help but feel that it's only logical to expect punishment for misdeeds in school, and if students learn that it's in their best interests to respect authority, then it can only help to nurture positive values for when they are older.

I pushed the parameters once and got the strap, and rightly so, but believe you me I remembered and never gave cause to warrant seconds. Seems to me that's how it should be.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
keith1612 wrote:how far back are you trying to imply children have been all terrible?

Not at all, the strap was still in effect in the sixties and seventies, and well beyond that depending on the jurisdiction, so you do the math. The Toronto board of education abolished the strap in 1971, but in most other jurisdictions the strap continued to be an important instrument in the teacher’s disciplinary arsenal until the 1990s.

In fact It was not until 2004 that the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that corporal punishment was an unreasonable application of force in the maintenance of classroom discipline. It is since that time that it has been illegal to strap a child in school.

I can only comment on what I've personally seen, consequently I noted that between removing the strap from schools, and meddling with the young offenders act, it empowered minors beyond what I would consider reasonable given their age, not to mention the additional consequence of effectively removing power from teachers and parents.

Naturally not all kids are bad, and many would turn out to be fine adults regardless of the regulations in place, but the ones inclined to follow the dark side so to speak, became far more able to push boundaries and get away with far more thanks to the generally lax judicial system.

Yes the judicial system is also to blame, but changes that transpired through the years also impacted all the way down to the classroom. I can't help but feel that it's only logical to expect punishment for misdeeds in school, and if students learn that it's in their best interests to respect authority, then it can only help to nurture positive values for when they are older.

I pushed the parameters once and got the strap, and rightly so, but believe you me I remembered and never gave cause to warrant seconds. Seems to me that's how it should be.

i did not realize it lasted that long and im shocked.
im not against taking control of kids just properly and for good reason.
i deserved the strap a few times i bet myself, i just think it shouldnt be out of haste.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Its pretty simple. You touch my kids and we wont be talking fines and leaves. I dont care about whats been done in the past. Theres the line. See it. Your now aware of the consequences. If my childs disruptive send them home and I'll deal with it.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Its pretty simple. You touch my kids and we wont be talking fines and leaves. I dont care about whats been done in the past. Theres the line. See it. Your now aware of the consequences. If my childs disruptive send them home and I'll deal with it.

Or better yet, deal with it before you send it to school. Simply by what you posted it's clear you'd be one of those parents teachers dread. You preach pacifism in one breath and in the second admit that you don't consider yourself governed by it.

Might want to look up hypocrite.

Then again people like you are more often than not all bark and no bite.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

if parents took the time to teach manners before sending kids to school it would be alot easier on teachers.
maybe a fine system should be in place, every time your kid is sent to the office its a $300 bill.
i think teachers should be there to teach not deal all day with spoiled kids.
if teachers had no need to dicipline then it wouldnt be a issue.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Its pretty simple. You touch my kids and we wont be talking fines and leaves. I dont care about whats been done in the past. Theres the line. See it. Your now aware of the consequences. If my childs disruptive send them home and I'll deal with it.

Or better yet, deal with it before you send it to school. Simply by what you posted it's clear you'd be one of those parents teachers dread. You preach pacifism in one breath and in the second admit that you don't consider yourself governed by it.

Might want to look up hypocrite.

Then again people like you are more often than not all bark and no bite.

It? Thats right I am bipolar when it comes to people and my kids. Love them Im your best friend. Abuse them and Ill bite right through you. Understood? You might want to look up trolling.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

and your right I should do my homework and check to see if any abuse claims have been filed with any of the teachers within the school we consider.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

keith1612 wrote:if parents took the time to teach manners before sending kids to school it would be alot easier on teachers.
maybe a fine system should be in place, every time your kid is sent to the office its a $300 bill.

If your means of communicating is by violence then expect me to speak to you in terms you understand. These are my children and they dont need to be abused by people we/they are to trust. Period. I'll make the lines crystal clear out of respect for all parties involved. I expect the same from them.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

you and your kids are a prime example of why cbc is making this documentary. you are most definately a hyper parent and that most likely makes your kids coddled. if you have the courage you should watch this video. its interesting.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Doc+Zone/ID/1405930535/
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:
keith1612 wrote:if parents took the time to teach manners before sending kids to school it would be alot easier on teachers.

If your means of communicating is by violence then expect me to speak to you in terms you understand. These are my children and they dont need to be abused by people we/they are to trust. Period. I'll make the lines crystal clear out of respect for all parties involved. I expect the same from them.

i have never said violence and if you look i am standing against it.
but i do believe parents should teach their kids with one form or another how to go out into the world and be polite and proper.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:You might want to look up trolling.

:coffeecanuck: No need, I've read your posts.

Campaign against punishment for unruly kids in school, then threaten those who might not meet your standards with bodily harm. Way to set an example there dad, that's quite the charmer you are. Correction, hypocritical charmer.

Some would describe that as talking out both sides of your mouth.

Return to “B.C.”