B.C. teen arrested for photographing mall takedown

noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Re: B.C. teen arrested for photographing mall takedown

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

He cant because the overzealous mall cop didnt know his rights well enough to leave the boy but the victim did and while excercising them was killed. Know your place. Period.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

why should one go thru all that injustice ?? just for being young ?? must be nice to condemn the young
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

As a result of the mall cops ignorance he just commited manslaughter and will be sentenced likely to prison. Should have just let him keep his camera and looked for a new job.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

How much is the bond attached to you? We will be coming after that as well. The mall the security company all of you. Thats how it could easily go without knowing your place.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:As a result of the mall cops ignorance he just commited manslaughter and will be sentenced likely to prison. Should have just let him keep his camera and looked for a new job.

What are you talking about? No one died???????
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

im also confused :137:
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Its established the mall security didnt have the authorization for how its was handled. Its an illustration of what could or may have already happened elsewhere as a result of the security persons ignorance in dealing with somone who knew their rights unlike him and decided to use them. This is a major problem today. Too many people overstepping their bounds. You need to think about what will happen to those of us who know our rights and execute them. Use them or loose them!
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i agree there r way too many police and security guards doing poor work and not helping in any way to make a single person any safer
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Its established the mall security didnt have the authorization for how its was handled. Its an illustration of what could or may have already happened elsewhere as a result of the security persons ignorance in dealing with somone who knew their rights unlike him and decided to use them. This is a major problem today. Too many people overstepping their bounds. You need to think about what will happen to those of us who know our rights and execute them. Use them or loose them!

I don't think we've established that at all. Yes, if the story played out just like the victim claims, it sounds like it may have been mishandled.

On the flip side, if you read into the victim's claim, it's very possible that he did, in fact, cause a disturbance after being requested to not take photographs. In which case, mall security can arrest you.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

can you link me to that information? Thanks. That is the arresting power of the security guards.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Private or not its still a public venue and I didnt sign any of my rights over when I entered.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:can you link me to that information? Thanks. That is the arresting power of the security guards.

I'm not arguing that the security guards overstepped their authority. My point is, there's more than one way to assert your rights and becoming physically aggressive is probably not the best option (it may be an option, but not the best one, especially when dealing with someone who obviously doesn't know his boundaries). Use the legal system to hold the guards accountable, that way no one will be hurt.

Security guards have no more powers of arrest than you and I and causing a disturbance is a summary conviction offense so is not arrestable by non peace officers.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Private or not its still a public venue and I didnt sign any of my rights over when I entered.

Then you have the right to not go to private properties that have policies that you don't agree with.

Doesn't change the fact that the private property can make it's own policies. That being said, there is also a proper way to handle the enforcement of those policies, and I would like to hear both sides of the story prior to making a judgment call.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Aggressive and defence are two seperate issue. Dont lump the same as I am speaking strictly self preservation for wrongful persecution. As far as rule by all means point out to me the legislation that states when I enter the mall my rights are nullified and what ones. By the way how can the mall stipulate they can use video footage in trial but deny us the same right in a public venue? Im sure as an owner they have certain right and duties but show me where theirs take precedent over mine?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

a lot of ppl on here just dont think about the little guy .. poor kid it must have been so scary for him .

Return to “B.C.”