H.S.T.

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: H.S.T.

Post by keith1612 »

sooperphreek wrote:
Glacier wrote:It's reading threads like this that cause me to start warming up to the idea of requiring an IQ test for any potential voters.

that pendulum swings both ways. you could say that about those who think the hst was mana from heaven as well. or about those that agree with the cozy back room political deals that they knew the average voter would be too "smart" to let happen.

thats the issue with the HST it either helps the rich or hurts the poor working man.
i just cant see any gain for the average worker.
if i did i would consider my opinion.
i have to pay more to have a mechanic work on my car, i have to pay more for the car, it all goes up.
sure accountants for big corporations see the perks, we dont.
im not insulting those who voted to keep it (unlike the way they do us), i just saw no real gain just extra charges.
it wasnt explained nor brought in correctly, that was the governments big mistake.
i dont deny as a dumb truck driver i dont know or want to all the tax laws.
but i know getting taken from behind when i feel it and this wasnt right.
if the government can do a better job in the future they may get it in, but they better try and show a little honesty doing it.
some guys in here may sit in a office typing calculators all day and see the bonus for big business, my accountant never showed me any great bonus.
sure i just charge one tax, but you know if my customers realized i charge strictly on hourly labour rates that means it costs them alot more with the HST.
not everyone has a HST number to deduct it back.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

keith1612 wrote:i dont deny as a dumb truck driver i dont know or want to all the tax laws.
but i know getting taken from behind when i feel it and this wasnt right.
if the government can do a better job in the future they may get it in, but they better try and show a little honesty doing it.
some guys in here may sit in a office typing calculators all day and see the bonus for big business, my accountant never showed me any great bonus.

Oh boy. Someone who thinks paying an extra 7% on all his truck repairs is better than getting it all back in his pocket. You better get a new accountant, yours sucks if he didn't explain the huge benefit to you from input tax credits. Or, did he explain it to you, but it's contrary to your political viewpoint, so you're not publicly embracing a decrease of 7% on all your repair costs?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Fisher-Dude wrote:
Oh boy. Someone who thinks paying an extra 7% on all his truck repairs is better than getting it all back in his pocket. You better get a new accountant, yours sucks if he didn't explain the huge benefit to you from input tax credits. Or, did he explain it to you, but it's contrary to your political viewpoint, so you're not publicly embracing a decrease of 7% on all your repair costs?

thats not what i said at all.
i do my own work.
im talking every single invoice i wrote to every single customer then cost them 7% extra that they did not pay before the HST.
no my accountant was fine and i knew to keep all reciepts to deduct the HST of course.
but that doesnt help the average homeowner hiring me and paying extra all day.
explain to me how a elderly lady hiring a roofing or siding company and paying the extra on $5k in labour gets that back?
no as i said id be open if someone showed a true gain to the average worker.
you cant.
its a gain for the government and to gain the government someone has to pay.
it sure isnt big business.
all you wannabe accountants telling us we are stupid and lost cant show a way it helps us as far as i have seen.
i dont care if it helps a billion dollar company that then doesnt return the savings to the customer.
bet they didnt even give raises when they saved.
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

keith1612 wrote:
Fisher-Dude wrote:

thats not what i said at all.
i do my own work.
im talking every single invoice i wrote to every single customer then cost them 7% extra that they did not pay before the HST.
no my accountant was fine and i knew to keep all reciepts to deduct the HST of course.
but that doesnt help the average homeowner hiring me and paying extra all day.
explain to me how a elderly lady hiring a roofing or siding company and paying the extra on $5k in labour gets that back?
no as i said id be open if someone showed a true gain to the average worker.
you cant.
its a gain for the government and to gain the government someone has to pay.
it sure isnt big business.
all you wannabe accountants telling us we are stupid and lost cant show a way it helps us as far as i have seen.
i dont care if it helps a billion dollar company that then doesnt return the savings to the customer.
bet they didnt even give raises when they saved.

One thing the HST does is make sure the people on welfare and the many many thousands of non tax payers pay at least a minute amount towards running the country :sunshine:
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

ticat900 wrote:One thing the HST does is make sure the people on welfare and the many many thousands of non tax payers pay at least a minute amount towards running the country :sunshine:

woo hoo great idea take poverty stricken people living on $800-1500 a month government cheque and tax them higher.
think about your post.
thats the provincial BC govt giving help to people in need then that is taxed extra to give it to Harper.
do you think welfare recipients are the ones paying labour on house repairs and buying boats?
either way explain how taking a extra $30 in tax from a welfare worker bonuses the average working man in BC.
i saw no gains from HST did you?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

And yet another ignorant post about the HST. Harper did not get a single cent more from the poor or anyone else under the HST. The poor were better off since the HST rebates were significantly higher than the PST rebates. Please don't tell me you voted without first informing yourself on the facts.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Glacier wrote:And yet another ignorant post about the HST. Harper did not get a single cent more from the poor or anyone else under the HST. The poor were better off since the HST rebates were significantly higher than the PST rebates.

oh there we go more the HST is much better garbage with zero proof.
ignorance is questionable there.
sure they give you a few higher rebates, but why?
because they get far more from you.
you honstly expect anyone with common sense to believe this tax was revenue neutral as lied to us?
the government doesnt ever give more and take less, only a fool would fall for that.
it only gains big business that doesnt give back to us.
tell me what costs in stores were decreased during the HST?
stop trying to con us, we know and voted it out.
i recieved HST cheques and believe me i didnt plan a holiday.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Stop the red herrings. I have never claimed the HST was revenue neutral.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Glacier wrote:Stop the red herrings. I have never claimed the HST was revenue neutral.

fine so say how it helped the average BC worker or taxpayer.
not corporations, but real workers.
it did not
calculate the scammed funds from used car and boat sales etc.
we should be refunded money not owe it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's not helping the average worker in any appreciable way, rather, it helps the average worker of tomorrow because debt today is a form of robbery on the future generation.

There are a few minor things I dislike about the HST, namely tax on used cars, but overall, it's a much fairer tax because it levels the playing field among industries. eg. under the HST restaurants pay 12% and hardware stores pay 12%, but under the PST, restaurants only pay 5% while hardware stores pay 12% + hidden PST taxes.
- Douglas Murray
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Glacier wrote:It's not helping the average worker in any appreciable way, rather, it helps the average worker of tomorrow because debt today is a form of robbery on the future generation.

There are a few minor things I dislike about the HST, namely tax on used cars, but overall, it's a much fairer tax because it levels the playing field among industries. eg. under the HST restaurants pay 12% and hardware stores pay 12%, but under the PST, restaurants only pay 5% while hardware stores pay 12% + hidden PST taxes.

fair enough
but robbing the worker of today to maybe bonus one in the future is one heck of a gamble with govt waste.
and fine if some business are taxed improperly under the old system change that, dont change the tax to all.
the best way to stop future debt is to decrease abusive govt spending not increase tax,
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

keith1612 wrote:
ticat900 wrote:One thing the HST does is make sure the people on welfare and the many many thousands of non tax payers pay at least a minute amount towards running the country :sunshine:

woo hoo great idea take poverty stricken people living on $800-1500 a month government cheque and tax them higher.
think about your post.
thats the provincial BC govt giving help to people in need then that is taxed extra to give it to Harper.
do you think welfare recipients are the ones paying labour on house repairs and buying boats?
either way explain how taking a extra $30 in tax from a welfare worker bonuses the average working man in BC.
i saw no gains from HST did you?

There's the bomb. You guys believed the BS from Vanderscam. The low income family of 4 received $920 in HST rebates. That family would have to spend over $13,000 on items not previously subjected to PST (pop, chips, and McHappy meals) to use up that rebate, which is impossible for a low income family. Thus, low income families were far ahead with the HST, actually pocketing money via their rebates. But, you guys took that away from them because you didn't bother to understand how the HST was designed to work. Way to go.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Fisher-Dude wrote:

There's the bomb. You guys believed the BS from Vanderscam. The low income family of 4 received $920 in HST rebates. That family would have to spend over $13,000 on items not previously subjected to PST (pop, chips, and McHappy meals) to use up that rebate, which is impossible for a low income family. Thus, low income families were far ahead with the HST, actually pocketing money via their rebates. But, you guys took that away from them because you didn't bother to understand how the HST was designed to work. Way to go.

Well as a low income earner with a family of 2 and I sure as hell did not recieve $460 from the govt.
Skip who got the odd rebate cheques and tell me how this helped the average day to day taxpaying worker.
You can not because it didn't.
Go back to doing taxes for rich corporations and stop trying to fool us.
We will all be happier and better off when it's gone.
An I suppose it's hard to consider a family of 4 may buy a $15000 used car.
Seems that is under the new tax isn't it.

Oh ya and I guess it would be terribly hard to think a family of 4 wouldn't say buy a
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

[
Well as a low income earner with a family of 2 and I sure as hell did not recieve $460 from the govt.
Skip who got the odd rebate cheques and tell me how this helped the average day to day taxpaying worker.
You can not because it didn't.
Go back to doing taxes for rich corporations and stop trying to fool us.
We will all be happier and better off when it's gone.
An I suppose it's hard to consider a family of 4 may buy a $15000 used car.
Seems that is under the new tax isn't it.

Oh ya and I guess it would be terribly hard to think a family of 4 wouldn't say buy a[/quote]

You say your a low income earner with a family of two and never received 460$ in HST rebate??
You must have filed your return incorrectly or your not as low income as u claim?
My SIL who,s single makes 38K Py and gets just over $500 PY HST rebates
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Yep, still paying it. It will go back to PST and GSt. It will never go back to the way it was taxation wise. Some of the items, like private car sales which gave us a bit of a break. And it took how long to implement and how long to get rid of it. Still voting for the lieberals?

Return to “B.C.”