BC health care workers vote to strike

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: BC health care workers vote to strike

Post by grammafreddy »

Hang tough ... will go back and look at the question on page 3 ...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
greylady

Post by greylady »

so where is it "new" money?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

TJ05's question(s) ...

TJ05 wrote:
Do you even know what they are asking for? Your so quick to judge. I would like to see if it was you that went to school to learn your trade and have your wages getting less and less. By the way....what do you do for a living?

I responded ...

grammafreddy wrote:
I was talking in government-paid employee generalities. Yes, I am quick to judge. We all are - look how fast you jumped in to judge me! I don't think you are allowed to ask me what I do for a living on this forum.

Yours is not the only job that has wages reduced and is getting less and less. What about the private sector guy who works for less than you do and is also getting less and less - and having to cough out for your more and more from his less and less? Doesn't he count, too? Is it just fine and dandy that he gets to take home less because government pays you more and you get benefits and paid days and a nice pension that he doesn't get but he funds yours? How does that equate to anything fair in your little world? Is it fair that his kids might have to go without so that your kids can have government paid (taxpayer paid) perks?

Or do government-paid people even think of those kinds of things?

Which question didn't I answer, oneh2obabe?

It is against the forum rules to ask personal questions. Sure, I could volunteer the information, but it isn't relevant to the thread. I have worked in a union shop, though, and have paid union dues. Does that make you like me more? Do I get to be "one of "you" now?
Last edited by grammafreddy on Nov 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

flamingfingers wrote:so where is it "new" money?

It is new money because it comes from sources outside of government. It has been generated from the private sector.

What would happen if those sources outside of government did not exist? Where would public sector paycheques come from then?

Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

LOL, Catz. I am not angry - but I am amused right now.

So, answer the question then ...

When you worked in the public sector, how did government get the money to pay you? Where did it come from?

But maybe you can't?[/quote]

It is not that...I refuse to engage in a convo with someone who ...well.....
To see my co-workers get screwed out of 15%, and their workload increase...ya...huge beef.
The number of nosocomial infections went through the roof, the LPN's work load doubled as everyone else, the food for the patients did not qualify as health promotion for healing and recovery...but carry on...you know everything...LMAO

People ...you will not win with her, but others do hear what you are saying.
Do not get too stressed, and stick to what you believe in.
greylady

Post by greylady »

GF wrote:

Which question didn't I answer, FF?

It is against the forum rules to ask personal questions. Sure, I could volunteer the information, but it isn't relevant to the thread. I have worked in a union shop, though, and have paid union dues. Does that make you like me more? Do I get to be "one of "you" now?

I did not write the post to which you are referring. Please make the correction immediately. I never asked you on a forum 'what you did'.... because I already know.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

flamingfingers wrote:GF wrote:

Which question didn't I answer, FF?

I did not write the post to which you are referring. Please make the correction immediately. I never asked you on a forum 'what you did'.... because I already know.

My apologies. I have corrected that mistake. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

It was TJ05 who asked.

And, yes, you do know some of what I have done for employment in the past.
Last edited by grammafreddy on Nov 5th, 2012, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The government gets the money for health care workers from the taxpayers of British Columbia , whereas , Superstore gets the money from the residents of British Columbia. Ah Ha , now I understand , thanks for explaining it to me , sorry for being so dense.
It doesn't really matter anyways it has nothing to do with the situation. The employer offered to give us coins with their right hand while pulling bills out of our wallets with their left hand. We are saying "No thanks" , perhaps next they will pull out a gun like they did in 2004. ( then they gave themselves a raise for a job well done )
greylady

Post by greylady »

But what if, for instance, SuperStore or even a wood supplier to Gorman's got a loan from Community Futures? What about grants being given to other start ups? Is that NEW money, even so it came from US, the taxpayers?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

gordon_as wrote:The government gets the money for health care workers from the taxpayers of British Columbia , whereas , Superstore gets the money from the residents of British Columbia. Ah Ha , now I understand , thanks for explaining it to me , sorry for being so dense.
It doesn't really matter anyways it has nothing to do with the situation. The employer offered to give us coins with their right hand while pulling bills out of our wallets with their left hand. We are saying "No thanks" , perhaps next they will pull out a gun like they did in 2004. ( then they gave themselves a raise for a job well done )

I agree - that was really ballsy of them to give themselves and their mucky-muck upper echelon bureaucrat staff a raise when they were saying no to the unions - and they were very substantial raises, too!

Those people are also paid from the public purse and if the public purse can't afford raises for one sector, they can't afford them for any sector. I don't blame you for being angry about that - and I was, too. I fired off a nasty letter to my MLA and to the government about it, too. Did you?

Not that it did any good ... :(

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

[/quote]

It is new money because it comes from sources outside of government. It has been generated from the private sector.

What would happen if those sources outside of government did not exist? Where would public sector paycheques come from then?[/quote]

Well I guess , you would have to bust out your cheque book at the school and the hospital. I hope you have lots of coins for all the toll booths on the roads and bridges . The BC Ambulance service would probably accept your VISA # over the phone. I bet a snowplow driver would let you follow him for $50 . Police would probably have to stop responding to domestic disputes and property crime and concentrate on handing out traffic violations to self fund. Watch out for that semi with no brakes gramma !!! ...... oh , too late. Better make a call to your bank.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

[/quote]

I agree - that was really ballsy of them to give themselves and their mucky-muck upper echelon bureaucrat staff a raise when they were saying no to the unions - and they were very substantial raises, too!

Those people are also paid from the public purse and if the public purse can't afford raises for one sector, they can't afford them for any sector. I don't blame you for being angry about that - and I was, too. I fired off a nasty letter to my MLA and to the government about it, too. Did you?

Not that it did any good ... :([/quote]

That is my point GF. I honestly believe that you are aiming low , if you know what I mean.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

flamingfingers wrote:But what if, for instance, SuperStore or even a wood supplier to Gorman's got a loan from Community Futures? What about grants being given to other start ups? Is that NEW money, even so it came from US, the taxpayers?

Is Community Futures lending government money or is it private enterprise money?

Government loans and grants are not new money - they, like government wages, are recycled money.

IF, however, the private enterprise used that public money to increase their product line so they could produce more goods and employ more workers over and above the loan or grant amount, or generated more revenue from the private sector then that would be new money. The principle amount borrowed is the recycled money.

The interest paid on government private sector loans is also new money - it (hopefully) was generated from outside of government. We are all in trouble if government is lending failing businesses money with which to pay the interest on government loans.

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

When a union worker buys a house or a car or a new appliance (thus helping to drive the private sector economy) does that old money then become new money, or is it new old money? In addition to the fact the services being provided by those recycled dollars is critical to everyone’s well-being, the workers who spend their recycled dollars in the community help to generate new wealth dollars. It is really amazing the symbiotic relationship that exists (or at least can exist) in collective systems. We could pretend we (society) don't need any of those services I suppose. Or make everything "for profit"
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

gordon_as wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:

What would happen if those sources outside of government did not exist? Where would public sector paycheques come from then?

Well I guess , you would have to bust out your cheque book at the school and the hospital. I hope you have lots of coins for all the toll booths on the roads and bridges . The BC Ambulance service would probably accept your VISA # over the phone. I bet a snowplow driver would let you follow him for $50 . Police would probably have to stop responding to domestic disputes and property crime and concentrate on handing out traffic violations to self fund. Watch out for that semi with no brakes gramma !!! ...... oh , too late. Better make a call to your bank.

LOL. Not just me - all of us. Ambulances and police and toll booths and roads and snowplows would not be paid for by government if there was no new money coming into the system.

There are states in the US and cities in both the US and Canada who have far exceeded what they can afford to pay their government workers and their pensions. Their coffers are bare, the shelves are empty. Their public debt is massive! Greece and France and England and Spain are the same. Their governments funded so many social programs and hired so many public employees to run those programs and now they can't afford to pay any of their public workers or run the programs.

Do we want to be the same as they are? I don't.

Return to “B.C.”