BC RCMP video - Yay for them!

Libelle
Guru

Re: BC RCMP video - Yay for them!

Post by Libelle »

keith1612 wrote:i personally find it offensive and wrong to waste taxpayers funds set aside to stop crime to hear about these issues.
why use money to finance silly video's when the department cant even support their woman members.
and yes thats a fair question in this thread as thats what its about.
on one hand the RCMP puts out a great PR video and on the other slams abused woman members.
sorry i say NAY

PR video? Really you think that they did this for PR purposes? Why do you think that the RCMP do not support their female members?
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

keith1612 wrote:i personally find it offensive and wrong to waste taxpayers funds set aside to stop crime to hear about these issues.
why use money to finance silly video's when the department cant even support their woman members.
on one hand the RCMP puts out a great PR video and on the other slams abused woman members.
sorry i say NAY

I find it offensive and wrong that you don't think that a video tackling a forefront social concern in this country and displaying equality is good.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Libelle wrote:Why do you think that the RCMP do not support their female members?

I'll bite.

Why don't they support their female members?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Who says the RCMP don't support their female members? A few female members and once again, what most of them have said at this time, remain unproven allegations only. It would be such a breath of fresh air if the people who constantly jump to conclusions in this forum, without all of the information, would back off a bit. The same could be said for those people who are clearly RCMP haters and who seize on every possible opportunity to twist any story [positive or not] into something negative to satisfy their stupid obsession. Complaining about the production of a video designed to help the victims of bullying is just plain stupid, and speaks volumes about how narrow minded and ill informed some people can be. Maybe someone should start a thread that is for posts from "Walmartians" only.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Treblehook wrote:Who says the RCMP don't support their female members?

Not me. I was just bitin' on the previous comment.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Libelle wrote:
sorry i say NAY

PR video? Really you think that they did this for PR purposes? Why do you think that the RCMP do not support their female members?

you dont think all the sexual harrasment complaints are a clue?
yes this is 100% a PR video in my opinion.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:you dont think all the sexual harrasment complaints are a clue?

Here could be another reason for all the harassment complaints....cold hard government funded cash. Let’s be clear...the complaints are just allegations at this point in time. Please stop speaking to them as if they are confirmed. I am in no way saying the allegations should not and will not be looked at but when one claims to have been harassed so many times so long ago and did not speak to anyone about it...one has to question it for what it really is as well as where the proof is. These are serious allegations and there has to be some level of proof. The fact that no notes were made for the encounters etc...that is not what a police officer does. A cop takes notes on EVERYTHING especially something like this.
The video is not PR it’s about recognition...open your mind a bit and you will clearly see this.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

sorry i say NAY

That's a completely separate issue. They're working on the allegations of abuse, why can't they make a positive video about another issue at the same time.

Sounds to me like the old "you should be catching murderers instead of giving speeding tickets" crap. :127:
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

underscore wrote:
sorry i say NAY

That's a completely separate issue. They're working on the allegations of abuse, why can't they make a positive video about another issue at the same time.

Sounds to me like the old "you should be catching murderers instead of giving speeding tickets" crap. :127:

how is it a complete seperate issue?
the complaints are about bullying and sexual harassment and the video is about the same is it not?
seems very related to me.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
keith1612 wrote:you dont think all the sexual harrasment complaints are a clue?

Here could be another reason for all the harassment complaints....cold hard government funded cash. Let’s be clear...the complaints are just allegations at this point in time. Please stop speaking to them as if they are confirmed. I am in no way saying the allegations should not and will not be looked at but when one claims to have been harassed so many times so long ago and did not speak to anyone about it...one has to question it for what it really is as well as where the proof is. These are serious allegations and there has to be some level of proof. The fact that no notes were made for the encounters etc...that is not what a police officer does. A cop takes notes on EVERYTHING especially something like this.
The video is not PR it’s about recognition...open your mind a bit and you will clearly see this.

i find it truly humorous that the only people who seem to demand the rights to full innocence until proven guilty are police officers.
ohhh so all the woman officers accusing the force of bullying are now gold diggers scamming the system.
the old boys club appears strong and as unfaltering as ever.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Seems that members have to be male or gay to get "gender equailty" theses days.....

Sure the sexual harassment allegations are just that ,(allegations ) right now however the sheer number of them would indicate to me that the RCMP might want to make a video aimed at wooing hetro sexual female members...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

MAPearce wrote:Seems that members have to be male or gay to get "gender equailty" theses days.....

Sure the sexual harassment allegations are just that ,(allegations ) right now however the sheer number of them would indicate to me that the RCMP might want to make a video aimed at wooing hetro sexual female members...

Gutsy statement MaPearce. You wouldn't be able to hear yourself think over the cacaphony of complaint and blowback that would erupt if the RCMP were to put out a video attempting to attract or [as you put it] woo heterosexual female members. Surely you didn't mean that .... at the exclusion of those who are not heterosexual did you? Also, don't you think that the sheer number aspect of female members who have joined in the civil action against the Force, is something we ought to be careful about drawing any conclusions on. I am not suggesting that all, or any particular number of the complaints are bogus or without merit, because obviously there will be some that are more than justified. On the other hand, it is not unusual for people to join in on "class action" civil suits when they have no real basis for complaint in the first place. Only the review and testing of the evidence for each case will reveal the credibility of the individual claims. Only then will we know how much was real and how much was fabrication or exageration by opportunists.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

How someone can turn a video by some RCMP officers into some sexist gong show, I do not knowDid ya'll not watch it? It is meant to empower gay youth, or youth in general who do not fit the "social norm". But of course since it is done by the RCMP it has to be turned into some kind of voodoo witch hunt. So for you that are all out hunting may I suggest that you get your cat to help you in an emergency situation since the cops are too busy making movies.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

grammafreddy wrote:
Libelle wrote:Why do you think that the RCMP do not support their female members?

I'll bite.

Why don't they support their female members?

I think the question is why wouldn't they?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Libelle wrote:How someone can turn a video by some RCMP officers into some sexist gong show, I do not knowDid ya'll not watch it? It is meant to empower gay youth, or youth in general who do not fit the "social norm". But of course since it is done by the RCMP it has to be turned into some kind of voodoo witch hunt. So for you that are all out hunting may I suggest that you get your cat to help you in an emergency situation since the cops are too busy making movies.

I'm not "witch hunting"..... But unless your head has been in the sand and you've missed the latest "problem" to plague the RCMP , it would only seem right to include ALL people regardless of gender OR sexual preference in their recuitment vids...NO ??

Gay people get respect but straight women get there *bleep* pinched ???

Just sayin...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “B.C.”