BC RCMP video - Yay for them!

Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Re: BC RCMP video - Yay for them!

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:
actually i disagree with that statement, you know what harassment is and no matter if the person be harassed accepts it is it not still wrong?
i never got mad if another kid in school called me *bleep* etc because i knew i wasnt and it was the way boys behaved, so did that make it ok?
kind of hard to say bullying is bad if you then say well it depends on how the person being bullied takes it.
more or less what you are saying is the only way it would have been reported was if the person being harassed made a formal complaint as you all would ignore it otherwise.
if you watch the reports from the harassed officers they say the minute they complained they wer 100% shunned so their only real option was to pretend it was all ok.
sounds to me no different than school yard bullying.

No re-read my post. You cannot make a formal complaint IF THE PERSON DOES NOT FEEL THEY ARE BEING HARASSED. I am not saying ignore it..If you re-read my posts I said I would talk to the member I felt was being harassed...if they felt they were being harassed or even if they said they felt they were not I would make notes on what I saw and notes on what the convo between the member and I consisted of.
If the members involved in the class action suit felt they would have be shunned...they still could have documented the so called harassment and the fact that they felt they would be shunned. This at the very least would have given them some sort of documentation behind their claims. Besides I think it was Gfreddy asking me that question.....
So as you can see this is hardly not doing anything about it...
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
keith1612 wrote:
ya i suppose it has nothing to do with the assaults, sexual harassment complaints, deaths from drinking driving etc.
they have been putting themselves in the lime light and then acting like its not deserved.
sorry i feel those who enforce the rules and laws in Canada should be held to higher expectations and when they break the rules i feel should receive double the punishment ordinary people would.
unfortunatly its the opposite the ones making the rules get a slap on the wrist or nothing when caught and honestly alot of people are getting sick of that.

So all of this is the RCMPs fault how. I fail to see how the RCMP have put themselves in the lime light. Have some members put themselves in a bad light...yes and yes these member represent the force but as the old saying goes it only takes a few bad apples right....that statement could not be further from the truth. Curerently there are approx 26000 members across Canada etc. So by mere numbers and law of averages and the news media...of course problems with members will be BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. Not all but IMO most.
Police do not make the rules...we follow them and enforce them. And I dont think members have been given a slap on the wrist. Many members going through whatever problem there is usually get worse punishment then most non members simply because they are open not only a criminal process (if applicable) but an internal code of conduct form or punishment. There are not too many jobs where that double wammy applies. So IMO your statement is incorrect, members do not get a slap on the wrist in most cases.

well when you see repeated cases of criminal conduct resulting in years of suspended with pay and then a conditional sentence etc ya thats a slap on the wrist.
i was responding to norma's post where they appear to be a whipping post.
yes of course they are as they are in the news almost daily across canada for some kind of charges or suspicion of.
of course i realize there are many good and a few bad make the situation stand out, but thats the job they chose and they should know better than break the law then.
and yes most jobs have a double wammy so to speak, if i was to get a impaired driving charge not only would i be in court i would loose my job on the spot.
i sure wouldnt get a office job or suspended with pay.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:well when you see repeated cases of criminal conduct resulting in years of suspended with pay and then a conditional sentence etc ya thats a slap on the wrist.
i was responding to norma's post where they appear to be a whipping post.
yes of course they are as they are in the news almost daily across canada for some kind of charges or suspicion of.
of course i realize there are many good and a few bad make the situation stand out, but thats the job they chose and they should know better than break the law then.
and yes most jobs have a double wammy so to speak, if i was to get a impaired driving charge not only would i be in court i would loose my job on the spot.
i sure wouldnt get a office job or suspended with pay.

Repeaterd cases of criminal conduct is one thing but when the media takes photos of a cop car parked in a handicap spot while the officer was conducting an investigation...and this makes the public out cry..that IMO is blown out of proportion. Didnt help that the car was parked in front of Tim Hortons. The media was attempting to make something out of nothing because the cop was doing her job...did she park in a handicap spot yes..was it a mistake...yes..was it news worthy...no. Yes the RCMP are in the media almost daily...well actually not daily but have you ever really sat back and wondered why. Sure the easy answer is because they do bad things often....OR .....IMO the media has made the RCMP their personal meal ticket and sensationalize every slightly negative thing they hear about the RCMP to sell news paper, increase web site hits or keep people tuned to their channel. As an old news person used to say...If it bleeds it leads. So to if it involves the RCMP it shall lead. Sad really.
Not most jobs have a double wammy...Most jobs do not require a drivers lic as does yours and mine. Yes members get put on suspension with pay but we are all innocent until PROVEN guilty. That is part of the reason this happens.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:
actually i disagree with that statement, you know what harassment is and no matter if the person be harassed accepts it is it not still wrong?
i never got mad if another kid in school called me *bleep* etc because i knew i wasnt and it was the way boys behaved, so did that make it ok?
kind of hard to say bullying is bad if you then say well it depends on how the person being bullied takes it.
more or less what you are saying is the only way it would have been reported was if the person being harassed made a formal complaint as you all would ignore it otherwise.
if you watch the reports from the harassed officers they say the minute they complained they wer 100% shunned so their only real option was to pretend it was all ok.
sounds to me no different than school yard bullying.

Keith, I'm confused. Harassment (hazing, same thing) is ok when guys do it to other guys on a work site, even if the other guy accepts it?

keith1612 wrote:you obviously have a office job and have never experienced the real world on job sites.
yes joking and i guess hazing is 100% the norm and happens all the time and 99.9% of all workers in those trades understand and have fun with it.
its the whiny crybabies that get upset over nothing that make the job site worse.
i suppose thats why some are better selling shoes in a mall than hanging with a group of guys having fun and passing a work day.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

goatboy wrote:
Keith, I'm confused. Harassment (hazing, same thing) is ok when guys do it to other guys on a work site, even if the other guy accepts it?

keith1612 wrote:you obviously have a office job and have never experienced the real world on job sites.
yes joking and i guess hazing is 100% the norm and happens all the time and 99.9% of all workers in those trades understand and have fun with it.
its the whiny crybabies that get upset over nothing that make the job site worse.
i suppose thats why some are better selling shoes in a mall than hanging with a group of guys having fun and passing a work day.

Ha! Good catch, goatboy. Saved me some mileage looking for it.

So its okay when he does it but not okay when someone else does it. Sounds like my ex. My gawd, did he resurrect himself???

Wait for it .... *hazing is not harassment*. That's what he'll come back with.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Let's go back to square one on this thread. It was applauding the RCMP members and the RCMP for a very good job of creating a video to combat bullying. It applauded the gay members who had the courage and commitment to come out in such a public manner with their statements and to offer the message that things do get better to those who are suffering abuse! Then along came the naysayers who can't resist the urge to put down all things RCMP. It is unfortunate that some people are obsessed to the point of not being able to see facts and circumstance as they really are.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Treblehook wrote:Let's go back to square one on this thread. It was applauding the RCMP members and the RCMP for a very good job of creating a video to combat bullying. It applauded the gay members who had the courage and commitment to come out in such a public manner with their statements and to offer the message that things do get better to those who are suffering abuse! Then along came the naysayers who can't resist the urge to put down all things RCMP. It is unfortunate that some people are obsessed to the point of not being able to see facts and circumstance as they really are.

:rate10:
Very well said.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Treblehook wrote:Let's go back to square one on this thread. It was applauding the RCMP members and the RCMP for a very good job of creating a video to combat bullying. It applauded the gay members who had the courage and commitment to come out in such a public manner with their statements and to offer the message that things do get better to those who are suffering abuse! Then along came the naysayers who can't resist the urge to put down all things RCMP. It is unfortunate that some people are obsessed to the point of not being able to see facts and circumstance as they really are.

Just because some find it a bit hypocritical and the wrong way to spend police funds doesn't mean their opinions are incorrect.
I'm glad you like the video, that is your right.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:Just because some find it a bit hypocritical and the wrong way to spend police funds doesn't mean their opinions are incorrect.

Something tells me no matter how "police funds" were spent you would have something to say about it as that is your right....no matter how negative you are.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
keith1612 wrote:Just because some find it a bit hypocritical and the wrong way to spend police funds doesn't mean their opinions are incorrect.

Something tells me no matter how "police funds" were spent you would have something to say about it as that is your right....no matter how negative you are.

No matter what anyone says you also keep denying all corruption in the force, sure I look at this my way.
Don't blame people for being skeptical with the daily
Reports of problems.
As I said I just find it a joke to make a anti bullying video while woman after woman are coming forward with abuse complaints.
Oh that's right they are all liars and that would never happen.
It will be interesting to see what the courts decide, probably it will end up with them being paid off to drop it.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:
No matter what anyone says you also keep denying all corruption in the force, sure I look at this my way.
Reports of problems.
As I said I just find it a joke to make a anti bullying video while woman after woman are coming forward with abuse complaints.
It will be interesting to see what the courts decide, probably it will end up with them being paid off to drop it.

Are you a member in the force? If you are not then do you have an inside source of information as to the so called "corruption"? If not then you should really only speak of things you know of and in this case you dont know.

Who said any of the members that launched the abuse complaints were liars? Certainly not I. I was just drawing on some perspective as to what will be and should be examined with regard to their complaints...because after all we are after the truth here and the statements that I have stated are just what would be asked of anyone making such accusations.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
keith1612 wrote:
Reports of problems.

Are you a member in the force? If you are not then do you have an inside source of information as to the so called "corruption"? If not then you should really only speak of things you know of and in this case you dont know.

Who said any of the members that launched the abuse complaints were liars? Certainly not I. I was just drawing on some perspective as to what will be and should be examined with regard to their complaints...because after all we are after the truth here and the statements that I have stated are just what would be asked of anyone making such accusations.

If you scroll up you said these women were coming forward and joining the lawsuit for financial reasons,you also said they have no documented proof as they would have.
That is pretty much calling or insinuating they are lying.
As for corruption you don't have to be a member to follow the news and see what's occurring all over.
Ohh ya they are lying also I suppose.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

keith1216's irrefutable source of information on the "corruption" within the Force seems to be media stories. Enough said.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:
If you scroll up you said these women were coming forward and joining the lawsuit for financial reasons,you also said they have no documented proof as they would have.
As for corruption you don't have to be a member to follow the news and see what's occurring all over.

I did not say these women were coming forward for finacial reasons. I said financial reasons is yet another reason people jump in a civil law suit. As much as you want to hate the RCMP anyone doing an investigation has to remain impartial and part of that is to look at ALL FACTORS. The financial aspect is a FACTOR that has to be considered.
As far as the lack or notes, documentation, witnesses and the like, that too is a FACTOR to be considered.
I suggest you take some needed advice here....dont always believe what you read, see or hear via the media. I can say for a FACT that I have been to many files that were reported in the media and the facts were so twisted to meet their "if it bleeds it leads" policy that it was actually funny has heck. Remember they have quotas of their own too.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
keith1612 wrote:

I did not say these women were coming forward for finacial reasons. I said financial reasons is yet another reason people jump in a civil law suit. As much as you want to hate the RCMP anyone doing an investigation has to remain impartial and part of that is to look at ALL FACTORS. The financial aspect is a FACTOR that has to be considered.
As far as the lack or notes, documentation, witnesses and the like, that too is a FACTOR to be considered.
I suggest you take some needed advice here....dont always believe what you read, see or hear via the media. I can say for a FACT that I have been to many files that were reported in the media and the facts were so twisted to meet their "if it bleeds it leads" policy that it was actually funny has heck. Remember they have quotas of their own too.

yes i suppose that could be true, perhaps the RCMP video is extactly the same, just a media game to take advantage of the bullying issue to make a great PR video.
strange how the police feel fine to post totally out of wack stories to the media to make themselves look better (reporting a weed bust by counting the amount of joints busted etc) but the minute the media reports negative its fake and made up.
like the saying goes where there is smoke there is fire.
contrary to what you and treblehook want to think i do not hate the police.
i would just like to see a open,honest system that makes everyone accountable.

Return to “B.C.”