BC RCMP video - Yay for them!

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: BC RCMP video - Yay for them!

Post by keith1612 »

Treblehook wrote:keith1216's irrefutable source of information on the "corruption" within the Force seems to be media stories. Enough said.

yes just like the story in the topic of this thread, another media story.
wonder how true it really is.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:
Treblehook wrote:keith1216's irrefutable source of information on the "corruption" within the Force seems to be media stories. Enough said.

yes just like the story in the topic of this thread, another media story.
wonder how true it really is.

Yes, the members in the video might not really be gay or gay kids don't really get bullied. Great reasoning there Keith, keep it up.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

goatboy wrote:
Yes, the members in the video might not really be gay or gay kids don't really get bullied. Great reasoning there Keith, keep it up.

no i have no doubts about gay cops or kids being bullied, just the reasons behind the making of the video.
all i have said is i dont like police funds ment to stop crime being spent on PR video's and i found it fake that while putting out a anti bullying video the force is having more and more women come forward with complaints of sexual and mental abuse.
are all the charges true, well who knows we will find out eventually.
just seemed like a strange time to make the video to me.
strange how when you question the police you become a police hater.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:
goatboy wrote:

no i have no doubts about gay cops or kids being bullied, just the reasons behind the making of the video.
all i have said is i dont like police funds ment to stop crime being spent on PR video's and i found it fake that while putting out a anti bullying video the force is having more and more women come forward with complaints of sexual and mental abuse.

If it stops one kid from killing themselves I really don't care about the motivation behind why the video was made. To argue otherwise is missing the message these members have put themselves out there to give. It's a sad that some people can't see it for what it is and have to find fault in anything the RCMP do.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

goatboy wrote:
If it stops one kid from killing themselves I really don't care about the motivation behind why the video was made. To argue otherwise is missing the message these members have put themselves out there to give. It's a sad that some people can't see it for what it is and have to find fault in anything the RCMP do.

:rate10:
Very well said.
Videos like this involve so many members that if the "motive" behind the making of the video was anything but legit they wouldnt get so many members to appear in the video. The motive is clear...but you have to look at it from an unbiased view point I guess. One that many people on here cannot do for what ever reason.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

keith1612 wrote:no i have no doubts about gay cops or kids being bullied, just the reasons behind the making of the video.

The timing is important as the bullying issue seems to be everywhere and more needs to be done to address it. I see no correlation between questioning the police and becoming a police hater - that's the choice an individual makes. Situations can't improve if people ignore them - questioning for answers is appropriate. How else does understanding happen or changes occur?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Fancy wrote:
keith1612 wrote:no i have no doubts about gay cops or kids being bullied, just the reasons behind the making of the video.

The timing is important as the bullying issue seems to be everywhere and more needs to be done to address it. I see no correlation between questioning the police and becoming a police hater - that's the choice an individual makes. Situations can't improve if people ignore them - questioning for answers is appropriate. How else does understanding happen or changes occur?

i agree thats why i question the bullying motives when the abuse allegations keep growing against some members.
i think it should all be cleaned up.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cleaned up before posting a video? For what purpose when the video can help now?
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Fancy wrote:Cleaned up before posting a video? For what purpose when the video can help now?

Simple a group promoting anti bullying and putting out a video at tax payers expense on it should clean up their own house first.
This is not their money to sit and make PR video's while fighting abuse of female workers on our dime.
Clean it up and then maybe make video's.
Otherwise take the money and spend it putting 15 officers on the road for a week extra maybe saving lives.
Ya I bet this video is going to save many lmao.
We don't pay cops to make infomercials last I heard.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

keith1612 wrote:
Simple a group promoting anti bullying and putting out a video at tax payers expense on it should clean up their own house first.
This is not their money to sit and make PR video's while fighting abuse of female workers on our dime.
Otherwise take the money and spend it putting 15 officers on the road for a week extra maybe saving lives.
Ya I bet this video is going to save many lol.

So even if there are issues in the RCMP "house" and I am not saying there are but how does this take away from the message the video sends? Is it not about the same thing regardless? I would hope so and I would also hope that you realize the money used for this sort of thing was minimal at best in the scheme of things. This money is in the budget for public service announcements. The message in the video is clear to pretty much everyone on this forum except for you. You are right cops do not make infomercials but they do public service announcemts that is what this video is. Wake up.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
keith1612 wrote:
Ya I bet this video is going to save many lol.

So even if there are issues in the RCMP "house" and I am not saying there are but how does this take away from the message the video sends? Is it not about the same thing regardless? I would hope so and I would also hope that you realize the money used for this sort of thing was minimal at best in the scheme of things. This money is in the budget for public service announcements. The message in the video is clear to pretty much everyone on this forum except for you. You are right cops do not make infomercials but they do public service announcemts that is what this video is. Wake up.

i suppose there is no point in arguing this back and forth forever.
you are proud of the video and thats fair and cool.
thats your right.
my issue is the RCMP putting out video's on the taxpayers dime while there is some very questionable bullying practices.
female officers having sex with senior officers in units etc.
we can argue till blue.
i think its wrong.
but if the majority are happy with it then thats the choice.
im allowed my opinion and have stated it ( too often in this thread as we both have).
this is where the force decided to spend/waste money depending on opinions and well its too late to change.
and again im glad you are supporting your fellow officers, wish more did.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Shouldn't overlook the message - that's what is important.

http://bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.actio ... ntId=11959

Return to “B.C.”