Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Post by Rwede »

Careful Looney, suggesting that potheads actually contribute to society is fightin' words. Apparently, it's much better to be a drain on society and let someone else do the work while you veg out.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ive smoked dope since i was about 10 . always had good jobs . always done well enuff in school . just went to college for the fun of it . i guess pot smokers r a lazy bunch
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Rwede wrote:Careful Looney, suggesting that potheads actually contribute to society is fightin' words. Apparently, it's much better to be a drain on society and let someone else do the work while you veg out.

Oh well, if you want me to close my business, stop paying taxes and providing jobs and you guys provide my welfarechecks, so be it.

I'm not the one draining society with half assed stupid plans that really do cost society BILLIONS.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

WhatThe wrote:Apparently, it's much better to be a drain on society and let someone else do the work while you veg out.....
Oh well, if you want me to close my business, stop paying taxes and providing jobs and you guys provide my welfarechecks, so be it.

I'm not the one draining society with half assed stupid plans that really do cost society BILLIONS.

you cant argue with the bible belt, they are more worried about telling others how they should live than really look at the true facts.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

theyeti wrote:ive smoked dope since i was about 10 . always had good jobs . always done well enuff in school . just went to college for the fun of it . i guess pot smokers r a lazy bunch

:137:

Really . . .

:127:
I haven't failed until I quit.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

So Dickie, I'll bet that you like to have a drink here or there, going to own up to your responsibility in all the costs both monetarily and health wise? You use drugs therefore you contribute to the costs and drain to society.

And since I know you don't like "lefty ideals" you probably don't like contributing tax dollars to help people with mental health disorders aka substance abuse that would save more lives, misery and money than jail ever could.

If there's one thing I can't stand are self absorbed hypocrites.

Yeah, the educated among us know who the drain on society are...
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Looney wrote:Actually the prisons could be set up as farms etc. and they could produce food, clothing etc for the poor. If they didn't like it they could give up their drugs and get a job. One chance when they are caught. Voluntary drug testing and they could stay out of prison if they stay clean.

I don't even know where to begin in pointing out on how many levels your suggestion is so the terms; inhumane, cruel, hypocritical, unworkable, idiotic, and fascist, will have to suffice.

if this is how you want to treat your fellow man you ought to be ashamed of yourself
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

ukcanuck wrote:
I don't even know where to begin in pointing out on how many levels your suggestion is so the terms; inhumane, cruel, hypocritical, unworkable, idiotic, and fascist, will have to suffice.

if this is how you want to treat your fellow man you ought to be ashamed of yourself

ukcanuck, you seem to have a real issue with consequences, paying back debts to society et al.

You and your ilk remind me of my old neighbour's dog. This dog was a nice enough dog, except he like to roll in his own poop. As long as he was kept outside, the owner didn't mind. But the dog wanted indoors, he liked to sleep on the sofa. The dog also liked to jump up on people, especially after he'd just rolled. So the owner took to putting him on a leash to keep him away from the item/activity he wanted, even though he had a fenced yard to play in. The leash was attached to a collar, not too tight, just not loose enough to allow him to slip out; it wasn't a choke-chain. As soon as he was on this leash, you should have heard Barkley howl! He would drop to the ground, yelping and writhing like he was being beaten. He wanted to roll in poop. He didn't care how his habit affected others, he just couldn't see it. He was not allowed to run free until he broke his habit. The owner wasn't mean, he trained his dog firmly. Eventually Barkley learned his lesson, and decided he disliked the consequences more than he liked his habit of rolling in poop.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Lady tehMa wrote:
You and your ilk remind me of my old neighbour's dog. This dog was a nice enough dog, except he like to roll in his own poop. As long as he was kept outside, the owner didn't mind. But the dog wanted indoors, he liked to sleep on the sofa. The dog also liked to jump up on people, especially after he'd just rolled. So the owner took to putting him on a leash to keep him away from the item/activity he wanted, even though he had a fenced yard to play in. The leash was attached to a collar, not too tight, just not loose enough to allow him to slip out; it wasn't a choke-chain. As soon as he was on this leash, you should have heard Barkley howl! He would drop to the ground, yelping and writhing like he was being beaten. He wanted to roll in poop. He didn't care how his habit affected others, he just couldn't see it. He was not allowed to run free until he broke his habit. The owner wasn't mean, he trained his dog firmly. Eventually Barkley learned his lesson, and decided he disliked the consequences more than he liked his habit of rolling in poop.

Excellent example, but what if rolling in your poop was illegal like marijuana? This dog would have been locked for possession of poop on it's fur, taken away from it's home and family and life ruined. Do you think this would help the dog or hinder it's developement?
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

As far as the dog was concerned, it was like that. He eventually learned that particular behaviour was not allowed by the Powers That Be, changed his behaviour accordingly and reaped the reward of freedom thereafter. He was a pretty smart dog though.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Lady tehMa wrote:
ukcanuck, you seem to have a real issue with consequences, paying back debts to society et al.

what exactly debt does a pot smoker and his buddies playing xbox and eating nacho's owe society?
what share do you feel you have been robbed out of?
and the story makes about as much sense as dog poop.
maybe you should smoke a joint and you wont be so uptight and worried about others.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

keith1612 wrote:

what exactly debt does a pot smoker and his buddies playing xbox and eating nacho's owe society?
what share do you feel you have been robbed out of?
and the story makes about as much sense as dog poop.
maybe you should smoke a joint and you wont be so uptight and worried about others.

Rules and laws are in place for the good of society. If you don't like a law, you can lobby from within the system to change a law; it has happened. You do not get to pick and choose which laws you follow. If you break a law, you will be charged (if caught). You will go through the justice system, costing the taxpayers money.

People who smoke pot do so in disregard of the existing laws. They support a criminal element because they will not abide by the laws. Their selfish sense of entitlement and addiction to a drug blinds them to the harm they cause society; be it from lost work hours, supporting the criminal element, or by being a distracted danger on the roads. They steal to support their habit, breaking yet more laws.

Medical Pot has a place in society, legally. All else is illegal, and a blight on society for the above reasons.
Centurion
Board Meister

Post by Centurion »

Rwede wrote:Careful Looney, suggesting that potheads actually contribute to society is fightin' words. Apparently, it's much better to be a drain on society and let someone else do the work while you veg out.

Just imagine what potheads like Carl Sagan, Michael Phelps and Richard Branson could have accomplished if they hadn't smoked pot and been a drain on society.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Lady tehMa wrote:As far as the dog was concerned, it was like that. He eventually learned that particular behaviour was not allowed by the Powers That Be, changed his behaviour accordingly and reaped the reward of freedom thereafter. He was a pretty smart dog though.

You seemed to miss my point. This dog would not have learned a thing if it had been sent to the pound. It would be an example of the punishment being worse than the crime, which is why I thought it was actually a decent example.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Rules and laws are in place for the good of society. If you don't like a law, you can lobby from within the system to change a law; it has happened. You do not get to pick and choose which laws you follow. If you break a law, you will be charged (if caught). You will go through the justice system, costing the taxpayers money.

People who smoke pot do so in disregard of the existing laws. They support a criminal element because they will not abide by the laws. Their selfish sense of entitlement and addiction to a drug blinds them to the harm they cause society; be it from lost work hours, supporting the criminal element, or by being a distracted danger on the roads. They steal to support their habit, breaking yet more laws.

Medical Pot has a place in society, legally. All else is illegal, and a blight on society for the above reasons.

some laws are plain stupid and just set in place to appease whiners and to it appears make work for cops,lawyers,and judges.
you would think the government would be smart enough to see the public opinions and beliefs and be willing to adapt.
unfortunatly Canada voted in adolf harper who even when see's the changes in other countries refuses to budge or be resonable.
lets fill the jails is the new federal motto.

Return to “B.C.”