Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Post by keith1612 »

Smurf wrote:Keith maybe you should actually read the information you and other people post before you make too many statements. For instance your post.

The study’s authors state that too few of their participants were heavy smokers or heavy marijuana users to actually draw a direct connection, however moderate use of marijuana is the database showed that people who smoke a few joints per week reaped positive benefits.

So you are only talking about benifits for people who use a few joints a week not the many heavy users or even ones that use one a day and a few on the weekend for whatever claimed benefit (which is very common from my experience). Doesn't prove much to me.

By the way keith you article was Jan 11 2012. (the oldest article posted)
RW's CBS article was Feb 10 2012
Goatboys article dated July 23 2012 by Dr Joseph Goldberg (even mentioned the rates since the 1990's)

I fail to see the 1970's medical posts you are talking about. I'll say it again, you'd better pick up your reading/comprehension skills.

you guys that know nothing at all about marijuana seem to assume everyone that smokes it does nothing but sit in a crack shack and bake out all day.
many people are casual smokers, weekends etc.
the bible belt seems very misinformed on the weed industry and the people who smoke it.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

whatever its ppl like them that value in it all the power to u guys keep hating
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

ukcanuck wrote:

Any pot smoker will tell you that THC stays in your system for 30 days that's how long a stoner has to abstain in order to pass a pee test.
Don't need medical proof it's well known...

So you are agreeing with the articles that THC the active ingredient that makes you high stays in your system for 30 days. Why are you denying the recent medical information that says while that active ingredient is still in your system you remain affected to some extent. Do you have any actual proof or is it possible that the professionals who have performed the tests could be right. It would make much more sense that if the THC is still present in your system it is still affecting you somehow.

ukcanuck wrote:

Ill bet you were mister popular on the job site...

Actually I was for a number of reasons.
1) Most people on the site agreed with me and didn't want to work with them either.
2) As a local union rep it was part of my job to save their *bleep* if it came to that stage. In fact I helped a number of them to get help. That included all drug abuse.

ukcanuck wrote:

I'm telling you it seems because anyone who has grown up in BC since the seventies already gets it.
When you smoke a joint your stoned, feeling a euphoric high (impairs some brain function such as the ones listed in your study.)
For about 4 hours. During which time, its debatable whether performance is enhanced (Ross rebagliatti says hi) or impaired. Either way the body works on metabolizing the THC right away and if you are a habitual user it will take your liver and kidneys about 30 days to filter out the chemicals.

This means that you are high or stoned for about 4 hours and walking around with low levels of THC for about 30 days which means all the time for the average stoner. But cognitive and motor function are virtually unaffected and after 24 hours anyone could easily perform any work related activity short of docking a space station or performing brain surgery

No space station docking or brain suregery but you would work with him testing a live 240 thousand volt power system which I did many times during the commissioning etc on new power houses. Or maybe you would sooner work under him on huge cranes with loads of a 150 to 200 tons.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Smurf wrote:Keith maybe you should actually read the information you and other people post before you make too many statements. For instance your post.

The study’s authors state that too few of their participants were heavy smokers or heavy marijuana users to actually draw a direct connection, however moderate use of marijuana is the database showed that people who smoke a few joints per week reaped positive benefits.

So you are only talking about benifits for people who use a few joints a week not the many heavy users or even ones that use one a day and a few on the weekend for whatever claimed benefit (which is very common from my experience). Doesn't prove much to me.

By the way keith you article was Jan 11 2012. (the oldest article posted)
RW's CBS article was Feb 10 2012
Goatboys article dated July 23 2012 by Dr Joseph Goldberg (even mentioned the rates since the 1990's)

I fail to see the 1970's medical posts you are talking about. I'll say it again, you'd better pick up your reading/comprehension skills.

what a joke take a look at rw's link.
its a made up post not really even naming the author using a bunch of sources from different dates to create it.
thats your factual proof.
keep trying.
my reading skills are just fine, try posing from a modern reliable factual source.
some of us also go by life experiance and first hand knowledge not a bunch of paranoid anti weed propoganda.
first hand experience is a good asset.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

keith1612 wrote:

you guys that know nothing at all about marijuana seem to assume everyone that smokes it does nothing but sit in a crack shack and bake out all day.
the bible belt seems very misinformed on the weed industry and the people who smoke it

Believe me keith I know about it. I lived in isolated 1000+ man camps where there were 100's using it and anything else that was available. It was one of the easiest to bring in and hide. And as I said in my previous post I helped people get help for their problems. I know lots about it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

So either nobody smokes pot at Flight-craft or the assumption that a pot smoker is dangerous the morning after is incorrect.

Last I checked, planes fixed/modified there weren't falling out of the sky.

But please carry on. Stick to those big C talking points.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

it seems some in the thread cant grasp the idea of casual user.
they seem to think that everyone who smokes a joint on a saturday afternoon must be a chronic that doesnt have the ability to go to work sober.
thats the same idiotic mentality that brought in prohibition.
maybe they are going by themselves and cant handle having a weekend beer without going on a drinking binge and pee'ing themselves.
seems like a pretty narrow minded view to assume everyone out there is either a addict or a alcoholic.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Smurf wrote:
keith1612 wrote:

the bible belt seems very misinformed on the weed industry and the people who smoke it

Believe me keith I know about it. I lived in isolated 1000+ man camps where there were 100's using it and anything else that was available. It was one of the easiest to bring in and hide. And as I said in my previous post I helped people get help for their problems. I know lots about it.

you obviously have been out of the camp life for a very long time.
anyone around it now knows pills are the killer, hard to detect and no smell and doctors hand them out like candies.
i would say you probably over reacted anytime you smelled a joint and got fellow workers fired for relaxing after work.
way to go.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

The casual user doesn't bother me as long as they don't get hungry and drive to the store or drive to the hospital because your child hurt themself. Yes I'm back on that again but that bothers me just like someone having a few drinks and driving. It endangers everyone around them. I will bet that the majority of impaired accidents (driving and otherwise) are caused by the casual user just because there are so many more of them. You only have to drink once in your life and do the wrong thing to become or cause a statistic. Yes casual users bother me because I might be there when that once happens.

I've been out of camp life for about 15 years and know it hasn't changed much. Again if you read my post you would realize I said I was the union rep and saved many jobs but I doubt you would understand that. If you are even interested I was also a safety rep and helped develop policies that hopefully have helped to save many live. I actually wrote a few safety manuals for particular situations.

ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

smurf wrote:
So you are agreeing with the articles that THC the active ingredient that makes you high stays in your system for 30 days. Why are you denying the recent medical information that says while that active ingredient is still in your system you remain affected to some extent. Do you have any actual proof or is it possible that the professionals who have performed the tests could be right. It would make much more sense that if the THC is still present in your system it is still affecting you somehow.

Yeah I agree there is enough THC in your system for a drug test to read it, where I'm disagreeing is that the amount is going to affect anyone's ability to perform on the job unless its a really dangerous or risky job description like an airline pilot or surgeon or something where failure means death. Then if course standards need to be higher.
But for 95% of the workforce it's not a factor

ukcanuck wrote:

Ill bet you were mister popular on the job site...

Actually I was for a number of reasons.
1) Most people on the site agreed with me and didn't want to work with them either.
2) As a local union rep it was part of my job to save their *bleep* if it came to that stage. In fact I helped a number of them to get help. That included all drug abuse.

I was thinking about a journeyman coworker who lost his job due to an overzealous coworker but its your conscious meh.

No space station docking or brain suregery but you would work with him testing a live 240 thousand volt power system which I did many times during the commissioning etc on new power houses. Or maybe you would sooner work under him on huge cranes with loads of a 150 to 200 tons.

Actually if your right about pot smokers, I'm still cool with it because I figure the guy probably would have already fried himself anyway...

Which is my whole ethos on drug use anyway. Darwin was a wide guy ...
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

The trouble is many of these guys didn't use enough to fry themselves, just enough to be dangerous. Maybe you should think over your 95%. What about truck drivers, bus drivers, workers in saw mills, loggers and many many more. Actually walking down the street can be dangerous if you forget for one second to check traffic.

But we have probably dragged this off topic for long enough and has been proved by any number of other threads on this topic there is no win for either side.

Have a good one.

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

ukcanuck wrote:Actually if your right about pot smokers, I'm still cool with it because I figure the guy probably would have already fried himself anyway...

Does it make it okay if he fried some innocent guy working beside him instead? Stoners don't just hurt themselves, they hurt others, and that's the part Smurf and i have the biggest problem with. You think it's funny if they cull themselves out, but so often they take innocent lives with theirs. Not a good thing at all, and not at all funny.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Rwede wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Actually if your right about pot smokers, I'm still cool with it because I figure the guy probably would have already fried himself anyway...

Does it make it okay if he fried some innocent guy working beside him instead? Stoners don't just hurt themselves, they hurt others, and that's the part Smurf and i have the biggest problem with. You think it's funny if they cull themselves out, but so often they take innocent lives with theirs. Not a good thing at all, and not at all funny.

there is more idiot workers out there to be worried out that impaired.
just like driving, impaired drivers are not the leading cause of death.
stupidity will always be the leading cause of accidents on the roads and worksite.
either way asking to keep something banned or asking for something to be banned over your fear or dislike is wrong.
there is help out there with phobea's and fear issues.
you are far more likely to get hit by some moron watching what other drivers may be doing wrong than actual drivers breaking the law.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ Stats? Or just something you pulled out of your...hat?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Rwede wrote:^^^ Stats? Or just something you pulled out of your...hat?

what you havent followed and heard speeding is the leading cause of deaths on the road?
that would mean impaired isnt wouldnt it not?
speeding to me is stupid.

Return to “B.C.”