Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Post by keith1612 »

Smurf wrote:
What The wrote:

Smurf, I'll bet money that it wasn't pot that was causing problems rather that the pot use was a manisfestation of larger seeded emotional problems. Drug use is not generally the cause but a symptom.

I might agree with that but is that not a reason to correct the problems instead of using and causing more problems. If you are right I`ll bet that use is seldom a solution but just an ongoing bandaid.

but yet the government feels the way to fix heroin addicts is by making a junkie society of methadone addicts that get high for free off the taxpayers.
i wish they would create a free beer substitute to keep me on for life that was just as good as beer and made the bible belt happy.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Smurf wrote:

I might agree with that but is that not a reason to correct the problems instead of using and causing more problems. If you are right I`ll bet that use is seldom a solution but just an ongoing bandaid.

Yes I agree, using is never a solution. There will never be any one solution but so long as a person is persecuted for just trying to make themselves happy the problems will continue to escalate. In other words treating people with health issues as criminals only spawns more crimes and continuing stigma and marginalization
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:put the bibles away and stop hen pecking at trying to charge the majority of BC which seem in favor of pot smoking.
the majority is fine with it but the few odd ball whiners worrying what others do make it difficult.

I would say the majority of people are not fine with pot smoking just the same way they aren't fine with the smoking of regular cigarettes. What they may be in favor of is the legalizing of the use of the drug. Two very different things.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

keith1612 wrote:
but yet the government feels the way to fix heroin addicts is by making a junkie society of methadone addicts that get high for free off the taxpayers.i wish they would create a free beer substitute to keep me on for life that was just as good as beer and made the bible belt happy.

I've seen you mention this before, it must really get your goat. From what this says you don't understand the program which means youre angry at something you don't understand and that's not logical.
But this is off topic for this thread.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

goatboy wrote:
keith1612 wrote:put the bibles away and stop hen pecking at trying to charge the majority of BC which seem in favor of pot smoking.
the majority is fine with it but the few odd ball whiners worrying what others do make it difficult.

I would say the majority of people are not fine with pot smoking just the same way they aren't fine with the smoking of regular cigarettes. What they may be in favor of is the legalizing of the use of the drug. Two very different things.

well we could say the majority then is in favor of stopping the waste of police funds chasing a ghost they will never catch.
go after real crime, not soft criminals that only are causing harm because its made a criminal act.
if it was decriminalized the profit would or could disappear unless the government turned it into a cash grab.
the general public should not care what i smoke in my house period.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

WhatThe wrote:
keith1612 wrote:
but yet the government feels the way to fix heroin addicts is by making a junkie society of methadone addicts that get high for free off the taxpayers.i wish they would create a free beer substitute to keep me on for life that was just as good as beer and made the bible belt happy.

I've seen you mention this before, it must really get your goat. From what this says you don't understand the program which means youre angry at something you don't understand and that's not logical.
But this is off topic for this thread.

yes i have mentioned the meth crack addicts before and yes it pisses me off.
we make hard drugs illegal then the cops are what told to ignore them and go after soft drugs and then on top make crack injection sites legal.
it boggles me.
only complete idiots would target weed and allow heroin, thats the liberal government.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:yes i have mentioned the meth crack addicts before and yes it pisses me off.
we make hard drugs illegal then the cops are what told to ignore them and go after soft drugs and then on top make crack injection sites legal.
it boggles me.
only complete idiots would target weed and allow heroin, thats the liberal government.

So you want to legalize drugs, but your *bleep* that some drugs are being allowed to be used?

I would say that "users" are maybe being given a break but hard core drug traffickers, the same as growers, are not.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

goatboy wrote:
keith1612 wrote:yes i have mentioned the meth crack addicts before and yes it pisses me off.
it boggles me.

So you want to legalize drugs, but your *bleep* that some drugs are being allowed to be used?

I would say that "users" are maybe being given a break but hard core drug traffickers, the same as growers, are not.

obviously not as the topic says
it again is up to the police to decide who to let off and who to charge
there is no real law or regulation stating amounts to charge for what.
i have seen police let growers off 100% free with hundreds of plants and hydro taps because they chose to or didnt want to do correct paperwork.
ive also seen police charge a guy with a few 2 inch high clones with cultivation and trafficking in weed.
strange the mayors and city councils etc all are lobbying for legal recreation use but no legal place to purchase.
it does appear like a easy way to employ alot of govt workers to ummmm i guess fight crime.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:
well we could say the majority then is in favor of stopping the waste of police funds chasing a ghost they will never catch.
go after real crime, not soft criminals that only are causing harm because its made a criminal act.
if it was decriminalized the profit would or could disappear unless the government turned it into a cash grab.

I always laugh at that response, "go after real crime". What you mean is, go after people breaking the laws I think should be enforced. As I have stated before, if you knew anything about the BC marijuana industry, the money is not to be made selling a few joints to theyeti, it's the shipment of it into the United States, in exchange for either cash or hard drugs. Legalizing it here will only encourage that. Just look at medical marijuana growers. It's legal for them to grow it but it's still abused and they make a profit of growing more than they are allowed. Not all of them, but some of them.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

goatboy wrote:
I always laugh at that response, "go after real crime". What you mean is, go after people breaking the laws I think should be enforced. As I have stated before, if you knew anything about the BC marijuana industry, the money is not to be made selling a few joints to theyeti, it's the shipment of it into the United States, in exchange for either cash or hard drugs. Legalizing it here will only encourage that. Just look at medical marijuana growers. It's legal for them to grow it but it's still abused and they make a profit of growing more than they are allowed. Not all of them, but some of them.

i know more about it than you ever will, keep your delusions up reading police propaganda trying to make it look all hells angels.
keep wasting money paying cops to bust nobodys with weed as true crime goes on.
the government is they ones making it valuable by listening to you bible thumpers.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:i know more about it than you ever will.......

Bingo! There's your angle.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

keith1612 wrote:

Everyone should care unless you never drive, never go to work etc.. If the medical information provided above is true you could be impaired to some extent depending on the amount you use and that would make you a danger to the public on the road, at work etc.. It could be a burden on your fellow employees and employer because you are not functioning at full capacity possibly ever if your a heavy user.

Can you not see why your use could be a problem to the general public?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

goatboy wrote:
keith1612 wrote:i know more about it than you ever will.......

Bingo! There's your angle.

angle?
there is no angle i just know people who used to be involved in it.
some got away with it some got caught.
most all have grown out of it and moved on but are casual smokers now.
most people who live in the okanagan know someone who is growing pot, they just might not know it.
personally i think its smart to grow enough for your self to smoke and dont waste money buying it.
as i have posted if the government had any inteligence they would legalize 1 light per household with a maximum of 10 plants per light and they would destroy the pot industry in BC virtually overnight.
like homemade wine let people grow just enough for personal consumption.
police funds could then be shifted to cocain,crack,meth,oxy and heroin dealers as it should be.
it really doesnt matter either way i suppose, i could walk down any street in BC and buy a bag of pot within minutes of looking.
that shows how well police enforcement of the drug is working doesnt it.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Smurf wrote:
keith1612 wrote:

Everyone should care unless you never drive, never go to work etc.. If the medical information provided above is true you could be impaired to some extent depending on the amount you use and that would make you a danger to the public on the road, at work etc.. It could be a burden on your fellow employees and employer because you are not functioning at full capacity possibly ever if your a heavy user.

Can you not see why your use could be a problem to the general public?

i guess there is no point to the dialog if you cant get past the only issue which seems to be driving.
you fail to understand there are seperate laws in place for impaired drivers and that has nothing to do with legalizing recreational use of weed.
just because people leave their house the odd time doesnt mean they are stoned.
do you believe every single person out there who has a drink then does it driving?
use a better plausable excuse.
ive never heard anything as lame, oh dont allow people to smoke as they may drive, they may go to work, hell they may rob a bank one day.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Did you even read the information on how long it can stay in your system especially if you are a regular or heavy user. It stated that you are to some extent impaired. I never meant a person would be stoned, I meant impaired.

It could be a burden on your fellow employees and employer because you are not functioning at full capacity possibly ever if your a heavy user.

You do not have to be stoned to be impaired. Also who is talking about the ony issue being driving.

i guess there is no point to the dialog if you cant get past the only issue which seems to be driving

Only you are concentrating on driving as far as I can see. I was also talking about being a danger at work due to impairement. I was talking about not being able to perform your job properly because of impairement. I was talking about these things because as explained earlier I have experienced them at work and yes everyone there was worried and rightly so about what these people put in their bodies in the privacy of their own rooms.

Possibly you should get off of whatever you are on, let your head clear and read what people are saying.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “B.C.”