Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Pot posession charges 88% increase in BC

Post by Ken7 »

"keith1612"]
Smurf wrote:Nothing against you keith1612 but I am willing to bet that there was a lot more involved thanj one little run in with the police and 1 gram of pot. At the very least some poor attitude. I know a number of people who are constantly in trouble with the police and it is as much their attitude and past as what they were actually doing at the time. Sorry if I am wrong but that is the way I feel.

thats my point, its the officers discretion to lay charges depending on how he feels, then the crown procedes or doesnt.
there is no specified amount that makes it trafficking

You missed the point.

In BC if there is insufficient evidence to prove a charge the Crown Lawyer will not permit the charge to be sworn.

There are certain elements for any criminal charge that must be met, or the charge will not and cannot be proven.

Example, knowledge, control and consent must be proven to get a conviction on possession. If control were not proven the Prosecutor certainly would not have the charge laid.

If it is not sworn, there is no charge. Done, that simple, nothing to do with a member’s discretion at all.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Treblehook wrote:In response to keith1216's post of 9:10 today. Wrong! It is obvious to me that you don't know the square root of zero about the law or about what is needed to successfully prosecute a possess for the purpose of trafficking or trafficking case. On the other hand I do. In fact, it is so obvious that you don't know what you are talking about that I won't bother debating it with you any further unless you are prepared to do some "legitimate" research and become informed. I would guess that you have a seriuos dislike for police and you prefer to believe or express the notion that the mean old police officer can [and does] choose to hammer some people with trafficking or possess for trafficking charges, regardless of the quantity of drugs seized just because the bad old cop doesn't like them. That is so far from reality it is laughable. Anyone who is charged with trafficking, where only a small amount of drugs has been seized has either provided drugs to an undercover cop; been observed providing drugs to someone else, or the police have gathered other significant evidence to support the more serious charge. That is the way it works. The decision to recommend PPT or Trafficking charges is not made on the basis of whether the cop likes or dislikes the suspect. Anyone who believes what you suggest ought to be dressing in a tinfoil suit!!!

Feel free not to debate anything.
I know how they work regardless of what you are trying to say.
Trying to say everything is by the book is a joke, tell that crap to fools who may believe it.
Some of us have over the years have seen how the system does really work.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

keith1216... You have made allegations against the police that amount to pretty serious abuses of policies and procedures and have offered only that you know and you have seen things and you know your claims to be true. That's pretty thin in terms of substance to support your contentions. Give us some specific examples including when and where and the end results. If you can't provide any substance to your claims, they are pretty much worthless.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

cops can charge u for near anything . i got charged with poss for purpose on a small bag of weed . it happens my buddy sold a ten bag to an undercover on wreck beach he was charged with trafficking
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Treblehook wrote:keith1216... You have made allegations against the police that amount to pretty serious abuses of policies and procedures and have offered only that you know and you have seen things and you know your claims to be true. That's pretty thin in terms of substance to support your contentions. Give us some specific examples including when and where and the end results. If you can't provide any substance to your claims, they are pretty much worthless.

Listen officer You are the one saying there are minimum numbers to be charged with.
Please post me some factual government documents that say you will not be charged 100% with offenses for small amounts.
As I have stated in my past I have seen officers have a lot of discretion to lay charges or to let you get off.
And of course that's dependent on how you act with the officer, attitude etc.
And sorry I am not going to post personal criminal matter on here.
Keep up the great war on drugs, it's working so great for you.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Here's the problem... If the police have a problem with you there is nothing to stop them from charging you with possession for the purpose of trafficking rather than simple possession. A pair of scissors and a cut up piece of paper are considered paraphernalia.

It's not always about making a charge stick with the police its about causing you financial hardship. A lawyer will cost thousands to get the charges dropped or you can just plead guilty to save money but you will still pay a fine.

1 too many plants? guess what? your power gets shut off and you have to pay to have it hooked back up the same as your water.

mold inspections cost thousands as well.

All you have to do is attend court and you will see multiple frivolous charges against an individual only to see them have to defend 1 or 2 actual charges.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

yep its true over 3 qtrs of the crap i been charged with has been tossed out . thank god the judges see thru all the bs .
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

theyeti wrote:yep its true over 3 qtrs of the crap i been charged with has been tossed out . thank god the judges see thru all the bs .

So I guess at least 25% of your crap is true then?
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

cutter7 wrote:Here's the problem... If the police have a problem with you there is nothing to stop them from charging you with possession for the purpose of trafficking rather than simple possession. A pair of scissors and a cut up piece of paper are considered paraphernalia.

It's not always about making a charge stick with the police its about causing you financial hardship. A lawyer will cost thousands to get the charges dropped or you can just plead guilty to save money but you will still pay a fine.

1 too many plants? guess what? your power gets shut off and you have to pay to have it hooked back up the same as your water.

mold inspections cost thousands as well.

All you have to do is attend court and you will see multiple frivolous charges against an individual only to see them have to defend 1 or 2 actual charges.

You're absolutely right. It's an easy fix though, until its legal, don't posses, grow or sell pot. Heaven forbid someone who has 1 or 2 actual charges against them has additional ones as well. You're expecting people to be outraged about this?
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

keith1612 wrote:
Feel free not to debate anything.
I know how they work regardless of what you are trying to say.
Trying to say everything is by the book is a joke, tell that crap to fools who may believe it.
Some of us have over the years have seen how the system does really work.

Thing is, Crown is not going to waste a lot of time charging you with trafficking if they don't think they have the evidence to support it. If they did, they're going to look stupid in court when your lawyer rips their case apart, and trust me, any lawyer does not want to look stupid in front of a judge just to *bleep* you off.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

theyeti wrote:cops can charge u for near anything . i got charged with poss for purpose on a small bag of weed . it happens my buddy sold a ten bag to an undercover on wreck beach he was charged with trafficking

Duh!!!!!
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ya hes *bleep* i agree .. but in his defense he was homeless living in a raspberry bush .
and how come the cop is going around buying dime bags .. that seems pretty petty to me

not to defend my stupid buddy but it seems like a bit of a witch hunt .

his parents ponied up for a lawyer for him cost them thousands and he was caught red handed .

i woulda just plead guilty and asked in court why the cop is buying ten sacks on the beach .

as for me big brother got me . had some warrants in alberta . radar gun came back that i had warrants so the officer came and found me on the hwy 20 mins later .

when they searched my vehicle they found a small bag of weed . was pretty sad to lose my dope and have to pay a 700 dollar tow bill and have court in alberta it cost me maybe 10 or 12 grand by the time it was all done . all this for a bit of weed ??

my warrant was for driving infractions in calgary about 6 years earlier i thought i got away with it . oh well i was guilty i paid up ..

its pretty sad that we do this to honest ppl just trying to get to work with there meds !
take my dope away ill be the first one to tell u im not near as nice without it !
i dont go to the doctor the green medicine keeps me healthy !

ppl need to see this for what it is !

yes there is money in pot ... ritefully so there is huge demand for it . the reason there is huge demand is because it makes alot of ppl feel ok about the world we live in .

alot of u older folks who are saying weed is evil and all that .. u r entitled to your opinion

keep beating your heads against the wall and struggling on against the tidal surge that is the pro dope movement !
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

keith1216... wrote: "Listen officer You are the one saying there are minimum numbers to be charged with.
Please post me some factual government documents that say you will not be charged 100% with offenses for small amounts.
As I have stated in my past I have seen officers have a lot of discretion to lay charges or to let you get off.
And of course that's dependent on how you act with the officer, attitude etc.
And sorry I am not going to post personal criminal matter on here.
Keep up the great war on drugs, it's working so great for you.

Duh again. Read the CDSA. Then consider that the quantity a accused is caught with would be the single deciding factor in the absence of other evidence to support a charge of possess for or trafficking! Example: as another wretchedly confused poster related the circumstance where a buddy had sold a small amount to an undercover operator and got charged with trafficking. Unfortunately, you have to think this stuff through. Why do you think that traffickers try to have only a small amount of product in their possession at any given time? Right on!! So, how do you suppose law enforcement is able to eventually arrest and prosecute these drug traffickers? On the supportive evidence that proves to the court that they had the drugs for distribution. The people involved in the situations your claim to have knowledge about [who while possessing a small amount, were charged for the more serious offences] had to of been the most unlucker dopers in the world. I mean, to have run across the cop who had so little to do, and who had supervisors who were too stupid to notice.... that they had time to write up lengthy reports to the prosecutor seeking authority to lay the more serious offence against someone who simply had a small amount of pot for personal use!!! And to think that the overworked prosecutors, from the understaffed prosecutor's offices would entertain such a request for a split second!!!! I am not saying that the situation you have described has never ever happened but I am saying it sure doesn't happen with the regular frequency that your comments suggest and it sure isn't a generally accepted practice.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

You're absolutely right. It's an easy fix though, until its legal, don't posses, grow or sell pot. Heaven forbid someone who has 1 or 2 actual charges against them has additional ones as well. You're expecting people to be outraged about this?

No, I do not expect people to be outraged. The only reason I commented was for the people who don't believe the police will not only charge you for small amounts they will add as many frivolous charges as they can.

I actually support the police making it tough for drug dealers as it drives the price up.... and believe me if I ever face tough economic times I want to get paid if i resort to drug dealing.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

cutter7 wrote:You're absolutely right. It's an easy fix though, until its legal, don't posses, grow or sell pot. Heaven forbid someone who has 1 or 2 actual charges against them has additional ones as well. You're expecting people to be outraged about this?

No, I do not expect people to be outraged. The only reason I commented was for the people who don't believe the police will not only charge you for small amounts they will add as many frivolous charges as they can.

I actually support the police making it tough for drug dealers as it drives the price up.... and believe me if I ever face tough economic times I want to get paid if i resort to drug dealing.

ya mr duh cop above keeps posting that they do everything by the book and correct and they treat everyone fairly.
some of us know better.
they can try and con some people but not all of us will fall for it.
one day they may make it legal untill then the police can keep it lucrative and great for the dealers.
every time they bust a few little guys the big ones get richer by bumping prices or taking over area's.

Return to “B.C.”