Drunk driving deaths down by 46% in B.C.

simnut
Übergod

Re: Drunk driving deaths down by 46% in B.C.

Post by simnut »

my5cents wrote:I certainly agree.

My point is and was that there are some who think "well it's different here".

In actuality it can happen anywhere. That's why we need proper checks and balances.

The vast majority of our police in the entire province are honest and doing the best job they can.

I am, though, saddened to see the degradation of many aspects of law enforcement in BC because of the government and police administration.

We have police determining guilt at the curb. We have police administration going along with private individuals rewarding police officer for making a certain number of drinking and driving charges and IRP (?) (I don't know what to call it, the IRP isn't a "charge", it's a "finding of roadside guilt") per year.

Now we've heard that same process of "guilty at the curb appeal to a bureocrat" for moving offences other than drinking and driving.

Then we have some of the public with the solution "well just don't drink and drive" nonsense.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Crying-Angel wrote:What I don't get though, is that under the New driver program people who are of legal age to drink are hampered by only being able to take 1 other person with them. So I really don't understand what the purpose of the new rule is.

Probably to minimize the risk of the new driver getting into an accident and risking more than 1 life...?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
CountryAtHeart
Lord of the Board

Post by CountryAtHeart »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Probably to minimize the risk of the new driver getting into an accident and risking more than 1 life...?

So, you think that there will not be more young people driving impaired when you can only drive 1 person home? More kids are going to be taking chances.

Return to “B.C.”