Sled dog slaughter sentence appalls B.C. SPCA

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Sled dog slaughter sentence appalls B.C. SPCA

Post by keith1612 »

flamingfingers wrote:
you seem to be acting like you know the accused or some info.
no vet will refuse to put down a animal if there is a resonable reason.
i suppose that should have told Fawcett he was a scum bag right there.
its not the vets job to run a dog sled company.
it was Fawcett's.
if you think any vet came in and saw dogs killing each other hungry and refused help then id say you are nuts.
that vet would have their license removed.
you are believing hype and garbage.

Sorry man... you are the one believing the hype and garbage.

i know who tortured and murdered the dogs.
thats not hype or garbage.
pay attenttion.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:
pay attenttion.

If there is more then one involved in this then you need to pay attention too, why not look at the whole picture. Seems that other stuff is docummented so likely true,,, just dont believe or look at all involved?
And you mention torture,,, I believe he killed them and traumatized some, yes, but the torture would be in the act of starvation and lack of care so it seems you do see part of the whole picture, might want to look at more and see if others like the company might have something to pay for this crime too,,,
Last edited by Roadster on Nov 23rd, 2012, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

keith1612 wrote:
pay attenttion.

I know who should have stepped in and done their job and protected those dogs when Fawcett called them for help.

PAY ATTENTION!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Roadster wrote:
keith1612 wrote:
pay attenttion.

If there is more then one involved in this then you need to pay attention too, why not look at the whole picture. Seems that other stuff is docummented so likely true,,, just dont believe or look at all involved?

i dont argue others were involved and some dropped the ball.
i dont believe in BS excuses though.
any man with any real decency could have easily avoided this.
i had a boss make me drop two old watchdogs at the pound 25 years ago when i was a pup, i stormed in his office after told him he was a a$$ and that i would never do his dirty work again.
i sure as heck would not have tortured and killed them.
you either show some class or a real lack of i suppose.
he gets no pity from me.
i hope all the bad karma possible gets him.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

grammafreddy wrote:
keith1612 wrote:
pay attenttion.

I know who should have stepped in and done their job and protected those dogs when Fawcett called them for help.

PAY ATTENTION!

you sure want to blame a non profit orginization trying to help animals for his murders.
thats a shame.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

He gets no pitty from me either but lets open the door and see if others deserve some Shame too. If SPCA knew there was an issue and they didnt stop this well before it happened then there is something to think about. Thats a huge organization, right? They have the power to take your dog fron your home if it is starved and they know about it right? Why ignore a company because they handle dogs for business?
I think there are likely three at least involved here who should all answer charges, and if found not guilty then so beit.

keith1612 wrote:you sure want to blame a non profit orginization trying to help animals for his murders.
thats a shame.

Non profits can be found just as guilty as for profit businesses of wrong doings, thats not a good card to play.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

keith1612 wrote:you sure want to blame a non profit orginization trying to help animals for his murders.
thats a shame.

Nooooooooooo ... I want the non-profit organization (who was responsible for stepping in and protecting those animals but who did NOT DO THEIR JOB which resulted in Mr Fawcett having to do what he did) to pay for their negligence.

IF they had done what they were supposed to do, those dogs would be alive today and in new loving homes. The BCSPCA is directly responsible for the deaths of those dogs.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

grammafreddy wrote:
thats a shame.

Nooooooooooo ... I want the non-profit organization (who was responsible for stepping in and protecting those animals but who did NOT DO THEIR JOB which resulted in Mr Fawcett having to do what he did) to pay for their negligence.

IF they had done what they were supposed to do, those dogs would be alive today and in new loving homes. The BCSPCA is directly responsible for the deaths of those dogs.

ohhh i see the BCSPCA killed the dogs and poor mr Fawcett just cut their throats and watched them bleed to death out of pure love.
sorry i missunderstood what happened.
damn, the pour soul.
lets get him a puppy for christmas, ohh dont forget the box cutter in case it gets hungry and he doesnt have puppy chow around.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

thats a shame.

grammafreddy wrote:Nooooooooooo ... I want the non-profit organization (who was responsible for stepping in and protecting those animals but who did NOT DO THEIR JOB which resulted in Mr Fawcett having to do what he did) to pay for their negligence.

keith1612 wrote:ohhh i see the BCSPCA killed the dogs and poor mr Fawcett just cut their throats and watched them bleed to death out of pure love.
sorry i missunderstood what happened.
damn, the pour soul.
lets get him a puppy for christmas, ohh dont forget the box cutter in case it gets hungry and he doesnt have puppy chow around.

Bloody hell. Some posters here are sooooooooo juvenile.

The BCSPCA did not do their job and those dogs are dead because they did not step in when asked to do so. They did not go there to check on the dogs. They simply did nothing - they did not care if those dogs died.

keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

grammafreddy wrote:Bloody hell. Some posters here are sooooooooo juvenile.

The BCSPCA did not do their job and those dogs are dead because they did not step in when asked to do so. They did not go there to check on the dogs. They simply did nothing - they did not care if those dogs died.

no the dogs are dead because a shoddy company was too cheap to feed them and hired a butcher that killed them.
stop blaming people who didnt own the dogs and in the end were not responsable for them.
how the hell did the BCSPCA become the responsable owner and care taker of these animals.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:
no the dogs are dead because a shoddy company was too cheap to feed them and hired a butcher that killed them.
stop blaming people who didnt own the dogs and in the end were not responsable for them.
how the hell did the BCSPCA become the responsable owner and care taker of these animals.

if the SPCA was in the know,,, they didnt do enough, if there was time and the dogs starved even more and then were killed after attempts to warn them then they didnt do enough, if anything.
They are to blame too. They dont mind back yards and puppy mills, they fly right into those and collect abused dogs so why not get in there on that company's dogs?
I would like to see all of this laid out as fact after fact so we could actually see what time lines are involved and what measures where actually taken by Faucett and SPCA. Its complicated from our view point but seems there is more to the story then just one man killing them,,,
,,, And again, I dont see how he killed so many, it would have occured to me there was more that could be done after I killed one or two,,, really, I couldnt kill so many dogs and claim later that it as a mental set back. If it hit him as he claims he wouldnt have killed so many in the first place. To me that would mean a person employed at a slaughter house could claim the same, "I killed animals and now I need a mental break"
If I was forced to do this knowing it was wrong I would have been at WCB making a claim long before I could kill ten.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

grammafreddy wrote:Bloody hell. Some posters here are sooooooooo juvenile.

I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that the SPCA did not do their job.
You have not posted any links at all to support what you are saying.
I am in complete agreement with keith1612.
I believe the SPCA were doing what they could.
Maybe this will help explain the SPCA's inability to do anything in 2006.
http://www.globalnational.com/dog+sled+ ... story.html
Frozen Nibs

Post by Frozen Nibs »

I can not walk into the spca without wanting to adopt or foster every single animal there, have followed this case and this is my two cents worth:

What occurred is absolutely dreadful for those poor beloved dogs, words can not even come close to express how terrible it was. That man did a very wrong thing by doing what he did BUT... yes, here is where the big BUT comes in.... there is no court or judge in the world that could come up with a punishment worse than this man has put on to himself and his family. Can you imagine the ridicule, the threats he has received along with his family? I do believe the courts have ruled in the correct manner as this man will go to his grave having this on his shoulders and I do not believe he was in the right frame of mind at the time it all occurred.

I only hope that others could stand in this mans feet, dem are some heavy concrete shoes to fill. We are all human and make mistakes in our lives.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/SPCA+ ... z2D6pttm7V

Bits and pieces quoted below ...

Ex-SPCA investigator believes sled-dog killer should have been stopped much earlier
By Sam Cooper, The Province November 17, 2012

[Eleanor Matthews] torments herself with the question: If only the SPCA had followed through on her investigation, how many dogs would have been saved?

Matthews, now 56, says she joined the SPCA as a voluntary investigator about 14 years ago. It is a non-professional position that no longer exists.

She contacted The Province to share her investigation notes and the photos she took in January 2000, when she says she visited Fawcett’s operation, bringing along her husband and an RCMP officer.

Her report says that, after seeing the living conditions and shape of the dogs, “the RCMP officer said to me, ‘This can’t be legal.’ I responded, ‘No, it is not legal.’”

Matthews passed her investigative report to Carl Ottosen, field services co-ordinator of the SPCA regional office in Kamloops.

Case wasn't taken to Crown prosecutors

Matthews, who now lives in North Vancouver, says she has always been bothered that the SPCA didn’t take the case to Crown prosecutors.

A March 2000 report in the Sea to Sky Voice newspaper quotes Ottosen as saying of Fawcett’s operation: “The veterinary exam found no abuse, cruelty or neglect and no indication the dogs were in distress as a result of inadequate food, water and shelter.”

Ottosen is quoted as saying the SPCA does not approve of mobile kennels, and “we voiced that [to the owners.]”

It would be the first of several times the SPCA told Fawcett it did not approve of his methods. But he always complied with orders and was never shut down.

Marcie Moriarty, general manager of cruelty investigations for the B.C. SPCA, said in an interview Friday that it was much more difficult to prosecute animal-cruelty cases in 2000, and Fawcett has been investigated more than once over the years.

“We did give Fawcett’s organization orders and they were complied with,” Moriarty said.

“I can’t speculate and I won’t speculate on whether Crown would have accepted charges [based on Matthews’ investigation] or not.”

That answer doesn’t satisfy Matthews, who says she quit Feb. 9, 2000, after three years as a volunteer SPCA agent, because she was informed that her case against Fawcett was dropped, and it was suggested her judgment was clouded by personal feelings.

Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

It says in that article that the orders from the BCSPCA were always complied with.

Return to “B.C.”