Sled dog slaughter sentence appalls B.C. SPCA

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Sled dog slaughter sentence appalls B.C. SPCA

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

grammafreddy wrote:http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30356

So whats your point?
A couple of Castanet posters said Eileen Drever should be fired.
Again, whats your point?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

her case against Fawcett was dropped, and it was suggested her judgment was clouded by personal feelings.
And maybe her judgement wasn't clouded, maybe there was something that could have been done.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Lore wrote:It says in that article that the orders from the BCSPCA were always complied with.

But it seems this place was a repeat offender tho, always complied with,,, and then more orders to deal with,,,, you would think it would be a one time thing and not repeats.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Fancy wrote:
her case against Fawcett was dropped, and it was suggested her judgment was clouded by personal feelings.
And maybe her judgement wasn't clouded, maybe there was something that could have been done.

I'm betting it was clouded by personal feelings the dogs were being misstreated and ya, that would be a good thing considering the work she was doing,,, wouldnt we want an animal worker to involve their passion in their outcomes in such a case?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Roadster wrote:I'm betting it was clouded by personal feelings the dogs were being misstreated and ya, that would be a good thing considering the work she was doing,,, wouldnt we want an animal worker to involve their passion in their outcomes in such a case?
Emphatically YES
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Roadster wrote:
Lore wrote:It says in that article that the orders from the BCSPCA were always complied with.

But it seems this place was a repeat offender tho, always complied with,,, and then more orders to deal with,,,, you would think it would be a one time thing and not repeats.

the BCSPCA has no legal power to do anything really.
they need the backing of the police and the courts and the government.
sure repeat animal offenders because of the courts take it as a joke as do the liberal government.
dont blame the non profit organization for trying to help animals.
only a idiot would blame them because poor owners and managers were ruthless and cared less if the animals lived or died once thier cash cow was over.
that appears to be the draw here, these animals had a use untill the olympics were done and then the rich crowd that wanted to see them left.
once the big $$ was over it was lets pull the plug.
then the sleeze ball that killed them realized his job was over with no dogs so he made a fake EI claim.
what a group of winners.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

It wasnt an EI claim,,,

It was a WCB claim.

Also was his job over? I didnt see that one coming.

Non profits can do wrong things too, if there is a system and its not followed for all then they made a big mistake, it has nothing to do with Non anything. Quit playing that card, its not changing the facts if they were aware and didnt save the dogs. No he is not free of guilt but neither are all others involved.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Roadster wrote:It wasnt an EI claim,,,

It was a WCB claim.

Also was his job over? I didnt see that one coming.

Non profits can do wrong things too, if there is a system and its not followed for all then they made a big mistake, it has nothing to do with Non anything. Quit playing that card, its not changing the facts if they were aware and didnt save the dogs. No he is not free of guilt but neither are all others involved.

it was a medical claim sorry, either way
was his job over, hmmmm let me see how much work would a football coach have if he killed his team?
i would think his career wasnt on the upswing
hard to think he was up for raises when they couldnt supposedly feed the dogs.
yes i would suggest he is a liar that was out of a job soon.
he killed the dogs, he alone carries the responsability of guilt.
as a comercial driver if my boss tells me to take a unsafe truck the responsability falls on my shoulders to decide.
if i kill people beacuse i drive with faulty equipment i cant blame the company, the government also wont accept me blaming the company.
this employee on his own decided he would satisfy the owners by cruely slaughtering animals, then when he realized he in fact cut his own throat went public.
what a joke.
the spca is not responsable, they are not the pet owners.
want to blame them you may as well blame Christy Clark for not giving the SPCA power.
the owners are guilty of neglect, not abuse, the caretaker who killed them was in charge of daily handling.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

First off, I thought he had a different job and was working with the dogs when they came in due to the Olympics,,, could be wrong,,,

Second, he is not the sole owner of all the blame, there are more involved, who was cutting off the feed? And if I remember right it wasnt his job to care for them anymore,,,? Wasnt the care cut off but he continued to try to feed and care for them? Sounds like he was placed back on his original job,,, could be wrong.
Also who was notified there were problems? Ya he did wrong but it sounds to me he thought there was no other way anymore, he shoulda looked further I agree but the systems put in place have to be on it or someone else will come to the same position and do whats wrong thinking there is no other way.
IF,, they knew and did nothing where they mighta shoulda coulda, then I blame them too.

Oh and just so you know,,, all them dogs and cats taken from bad owners by SPCA when needed,,,, SPCA is Never the pet owners :dyinglaughing:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Personally, I don't think the judge was way off in his decision.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Here is more info on this case.
There is a timeline in here
as well as Q's & A's.
http://www.spca.bc.ca/news-and-events/n ... -into.html
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Roadster wrote:First off, I thought he had a different job and was working with the dogs when they came in due to the Olympics,,, could be wrong,,,

Second, he is not the sole owner of all the blame, there are more involved, who was cutting off the feed? And if I remember right it wasnt his job to care for them anymore,,,? Wasnt the care cut off but he continued to try to feed and care for them? Sounds like he was placed back on his original job,,, could be wrong.
Also who was notified there were problems? Ya he did wrong but it sounds to me he thought there was no other way anymore, he shoulda looked further I agree but the systems put in place have to be on it or someone else will come to the same position and do whats wrong thinking there is no other way.
IF,, they knew and did nothing where they mighta shoulda coulda, then I blame them too.

I suppose you can make all the excuses you want for this animal, it's nice to see people proud of his actions.
Blame whomever you want and try and absolve him of guilt.
Any normal person knows he on his own solely killed 50 dogs cruely .
You want to think he's a ok guy good for you.
To me he is murdering trash , enough said.
Defend slime all you want.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:
I suppose you can make all the excuses you want for this animal, it's nice to see people proud of his actions.
Blame whomever you want and try and absolve him of guilt.
Any normal person knows he on his own solely killed 50 dogs cruely .
You want to think he's a ok guy good for you.
To me he is murdering trash , enough said.
Defend slime all you want.

You have not read one of my posts have you. shouldnt reply to them if you havent, it makes you look like you are just blabbering for nothing then.

I have never defended him, infact I am angry at him, and all others involved. Those dogs died due to carelessness and misstreatment. There is always more to a story then just one little bit, you have to open your mind and see what else helped cause it. But then again maybe you have a reason not to think that way.
He soley killed them but why? There are things that led up to it, he didnt just go off on a rampage to kill them, he was told to, he tried other methods and those didnt amount to anything,,,
I know there are other options he could have taken and that angers me, so no I do not defend him any bit, but I have read where he did try to help them first and wasnt successful.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Roadster wrote:

I have never defended him, infact I am angry at him, and all others involved. Those dogs died due to carelessness and misstreatment. There is always more to a story then just one little bit, you have to open your mind and see what else helped cause it. But then again maybe you have a reason not to think that way.
He soley killed them but why? There are things that led up to it, he didnt just go off on a rampage to kill them, he was told to, he tried other methods and those didnt amount to anything,,,
I know there are other options he could have taken and that angers me, so no I do not defend him any bit, but I have read where he did try to help them first and wasnt successful.
[/quote]
They did not die due to carelessness and mistreatment.
Not sure how you have come to that.
They died because he brutally killed them.
There is no justification for it at all.
If the dogs had to die it should have been done humanely and
it was not because he made that decision and no one else.
I don't care if he was told to do it.
He could and should have said no, but he did not.
That was his call , no one elses.

Found a couple of interesting sites with info I have not seen before.

http://stdoa.ca/timeline-whistler-sled-dogs/

http://www.lookdumbass.com/2011/02/04/1 ... -bullshit/

Return to “B.C.”