Exclusive breaking news: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste

Ace Storman

Exclusive breaking news: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste

Post by Ace Storman »

I just cannot believe what I have just read. When we are facing a record deficit in this province our so called provincial premier goes on a trip

Here is a cut and paste from an article from a very articulate reporter.

‘EXCLUSIVE’ BREAKING NEWS: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste In China–AND ALL ON YOUR DIME!

I spent last night marvelling at the sure downfall of neighbouring premier Alison Redford. That she would have had the complete lack of judgement while then Attorney General of Alberta, to recommend her ex-husband’s law firm in a billion dollar government proposition with the tobacco industry, is absolutely spellbinding.
Now that she’s the Premier of Alberta, it’s come back to bite her in the derriere.
And then I started to think of Bev Oda in Europe, and Tony Clement in his own riding–just two glaring examples of how politicians waste out money.
Is there no end to the self-immolation of politicians, who see nothing except the public trough??? Have there not been enough historical examples for current feeders to follow? Can’t any of them keep their snouts clean?
Moreover, are we all so stupid as to return these cretins to office, no matter what party they hail from?
Why? Why do we allow for this?
Case in point: I can confirm for you this morning, that during the Premier of British Columbia’s most recent trip to China, the one which included her former touchy-feely Chief of Gaffe, Ken Boessenkool, Christy Clark went on a spending spree par excellence.
For privacy reasons, I cannot, yet, show you the documents–it’s a new source I’d like to protect. I will do my best to point the mainstream media (is that a snore I heard?) in the direction of these documents below. But the whole matter stinks to high heaven.
Why does Christy Clark need to stay in $700.00 a night, rock star accommodation while she’s away? Didn’t we force Ms. Oda to resign for substantially less???
The Mayor of Vancouver, to his great credit, can travel to the same places and stay for $250.00 in plush accommodation? Really? And the Premier can’t?
When I travel on business, I can EASILY find accommodations for spacious business suites in the $250.00/night mark–no effort, in fact, if I use any of my various club or traveler memberships, I can get another fifty to one hundred dollars a night lopped off, no sweat.
No one in the Premier’s Office is a Diner’s Club member? No aeroGold? Not a single reciprocal membership with a private club in Tianjin or Hong Kong?
Apparently not.
I am in possession of the Premier’s personal Travel Voucher for her China trip. It’s authentic, on BC Public Service ‘British Columbia’ letterhead and date October 9th., 2012.
It’s personally signed by the Premier as the government employee and also signed by a BC government “spending authority” ‘Michelle’.
The Premier left YVR on the 8th of September at 13:50, arriving in Hong Kong at 23:50, etc.
For breakfast on the 10th, she spent $68.86. It included some “incidentals.” On the 11th, in Tianjin, for breakfast, dinner and incidentals, she spent almost $100.00 CDN–in fact all final (converted) figures I quote you are in Canadian dollars. The next morning, the day of the 12th–still in Tianjin, she spent almost $30.00 on breakfast.
No itemization, but so far, so good.
Later that same day is an entry for $34.95 in “incidentals”. I gather a woman cannot be without her hairspray.
And then the trouble starts.
Scrolling down the page, I find this nugget: A room charge for the night of the 9th: 4180 (Chinese YUAN). This equals $666.18 (CDN). I’m sorry, but I find this OUTRAGEOUS. I’ve been to Hong Kong SEVERAL times. It’s not this expensive, no matter what excuse the Premier’s people try to use. It’s a completely unreasonable expense and speaks to Christy Clark’s ravenous entitlement!
How’s the budget looking now Mr. deJong?
Then, scrolling down the document again, I find this other bomblet: For the nights of the 10th and the 11th–at a different hotel, she racked up a bill of room charges to the tune of 7000.00 (YUAN) = $1115.70 (CDN)–averaging out at $557.85 per night.
In all instances, the names of the hotels were redacted. No explanation is provided for that by the government–in fact it’s summarily offside for them to do it.
All of which leads me to this burning question: What are the Premier’s people trying to hide this time???
Now, as I mentioned above, I’ve traveled extensively throughout Asia and Southeast Asia. The hotels the Premier stayed in are ones where only the elite of elites stay. While I don’t begrudge Premier Clark very good accommodation, I find the above, egregious spending and typical of a woman, who suffers from a SEVERE and TERMINAL case of Marie Antoinette syndrome: We are second to last in Canada in eradicating child poverty. We have kids going to school with no breakfast and without a packed lunch. Community Living was ransacked to pay for a goddamned stadium roof. The Olympics were delivered on the backs of the poor. $5,000,000 in HST advertising was blown so Premier Clark could use our own money against us. $15,000,000 is being utterly wasted on government advertising, clearly, in efforts to (further) buy the silence of the mainstream press. And if you’re on welfare, please survive on a measly few hundred, thanks.
Has this woman, Christy Clark, no shame at all? None whatsoever??? What an out-of-control sociopath!!! Get help, Christy and stop wasting THE PEOPLE’S MONEY!!!

This article appears here...http://alexgtsakumis.com/2012/11/30/exc ... your-dime/
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: EXCLUSIVE’ BREAKING NEWS: Christy Clark’s Expensive Tast

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

*try posting on topic without the personal attacks/Jo*
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: EXCLUSIVE’ BREAKING NEWS: Christy Clark’s Expensive Tast

Post by maple leaf »

I'd like to know what was on the menu for breakfast to cost$ 68.00 and just because you can spend unlimited amount as Premier doesn't make it ok.$557. for a hotel room, she sure thinks more highly of herself than she deserves to be doing.Must be taking lessons from Ida Chong ,spend as much as you can while you can.Yup the cupboards are bare, except for her and her friends and supporters,Families first ,her family she means.Time to vote these low lives out of Victoria using the only option available in this point in time.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Exclusive breaking news: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*try again without the personal attack/Jo*
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Thats quite the article.

Sadly, if we were to scrutinize the expenses of any random political figure it would be apparent they do not spend money like you or I do. Further more, if they were making $15.00 an hour, they couldn't do as Clark did.

I wonder if there is any politician who spends money like he was the average Joe and actually considers its necessity before spending the hard earned tax dollars. That would be a great one for Mr. Flaherty to answer!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

*off-topic/Jo*
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Unfortunately, Mr Flaherty would deem that kind of fiscal information to be unnecessary for taxpayers to know. Politicians (all politicians from every level and from every party) are far too arrogant to consider they should be accountable to anybody. Massive cover-ups are the order of the day now.

This story disgusts me. If I was a twitterer I'd be flooding her with demands for repayment and accountability. Emails they can hide - but can they make tweets private? Or does everyone get to see what's tweeted at her?

I think she knows she is on the way out and is just getting some final kicks in at us while she can - and the rest of the Liberals are doing the same thing, too.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

grammafreddy wrote: I think she knows she is on the way out and is just getting some final kicks in at us while she can - and the rest of the Liberals are doing the same thing, too.

Like many retreating armies in history, the Liberals are engaged in a scorched earth policy ensuring we of the common herd pay dearly for the audacity of denying them their entitled right to continue feeding at the trough.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

It ain't JUST the Liberals, SL. This disrespect for the taxpayer is common across the whole and total spectrum of politics now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

grammafreddy wrote:It ain't JUST the Liberals, SL. This disrespect for the taxpayer is common across the whole and total spectrum of politics now.

No argument there grammy and I certainly ain't defending anyone.
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

Looks like Christy was sampling the mini bar in her room!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Next time she can BYOB - its cheaper.

Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

While I do think $68 for breakfast is excessive, I don't expect her to be eating at IHOP. The room charges are also quite excessive, and I think if a politician wants to stay in the most expensive hotels during their forays they should foot part of the bill. To implement austerity measures and "net zero" mandates should also mean their own spending habits (and salaries) should be subject to the same measures.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Dave_1963
Banned

Post by Dave_1963 »

I think she should be eating at IHOP! How can a politician understand how "regular" folks have to live when they live in an insular world with no real concept of what the cost of living in BC (and Canada) is. Reminds me of the guy running for President in the USA about 20 years ago (name escapes me at the moment). Someone in the audience at a speech he was giving asked him if he knew how much a jug of milk or a loaf of bread was. The guy had no idea of how much milk or bread cost! People like that have no business running a province.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I'm surprised nobody dug up her coffee receipt for $5.00 cappuccino and claimed it's way too expensive and that's she has to brew her own coffee at home - you know, tough economic times, fiscal deficit, etc.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “B.C.”