Exclusive breaking news: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste

Veovis
Guru

Re: Exclusive breaking news: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste

Post by Veovis »

Gilchy wrote:While I do think there should be reasonable limits on expense accounts, the key word is "reasonable". When travelling to promote BC, they should professionally act the part. Welfare is designed to help people who genuinely need the support to survive, not be some baseline income for highly skilled workers.

I do agree here. The fun part becomes on what people declare as reasonable. One person may feel a travel budget of $20,000, is reasonable but the next person may feel that it should be $60,000.

It's all perspective. As I mentioned before, to chase every little $40 meal people feel should be $25 meal, you will spend so much more money than you could ever hope to recover.

Spending limits and the details of such need to be looked at, but having every tiny thing open to public scrutiny will just have imaginary scandals erupting every 5 minutes by every person with a mildly differing opinion.

And that's just for the regular things.

For larger events like sending our leaders and dignitaries to other countries, I think they have all rights to look good, eat out at nice places and have budgets that allow them to showcase and sell our country. (just like companies do when they send reps overseas)
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Re: Exclusive breaking news: Christy Clark’s Expensive Taste

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Budget and be damned what they look like. Canada sells itself.

Return to “B.C.”